3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Grand Theft Aero 20.09.19 10:19 am

Graphical comparison of GTA IV: Xbox 360 vs. PC (Grand Theft Auto 4)

As many of you know, last year Microsoft added the feature of streaming from your Xbox One to a PC running Win10. And, again, as many know, recently GTA IV was added to the backward compatibility. I decided to visually compare the graphical component of the game.
Opened a similar topic about the comparison of features H360 and PC release. There was a dispute about the atmosphere. So, on the H360 is really a completely different atmosphere, but more on that later.
So the picture looked about the same, was exhibited all medium settings except for textures, for to restart the game I was too lazy. I waited for the same time in both games and with the help of Chita has caused the same weather so that the comparison was correct. H360 produces a picture in 720p, on the PC I put the same resolution. But, this has no effect in this case, 1080p would look worse, because the window smaltovane for 720p and upscaling software picture GTA 4 can not.
Right - Hboks, left PC.

I want to see what the weather is absolutely identical! Checked that the cheat changes the weather strictly in sequence. As we can see, the fog on the PC looks, well, shall we say, very specific.

By the way, the big-eyed have already noticed one drawback of the PC version, and later discuss more about it.

For PC, the developers completely reworked the vegetation. Trees H360 version, though more dense, but in sophistication reminiscent of GTA sa.

Don't look at textures, for H360 they correspond to the average quality of PC, as I said. And look at the environment.
Note the glow of the lamps. On the H360 it smooth, while on the PC in fact emanate from the lamp four oval. And also, the PC is much less than light sources! No, nobody cleaned the posts and the other lights, but most houses don't burn the Windows!
Let's take a closer look. So it was better visible, change the weather to a bright.

Still think I had something rigged? Well, let's turn on the dark weather and consider a closer!

Did Rockstar downgraded the resolution for the PC? Well, obviously not on purpose. Changing weather, you can see the octagon and on H360! If you look closely, of course. Apparently, the PC lighting incorrect scales. Crown lamp needs to be several times more!

On the PC the other trees, the other smoke from the exhaust, missing lighting the Windows of the house on the left. If you look closely, the effect of the lamp house of the PC version has, i.e. it's another glitch! Apparently, a PC game correctly loads the night texture Windows.

What you'd expect on a PC at home did not burn all the Windows. But, please note! Texure latticed Windows of the cabaret Restructuring that Shine red, the PC just does not Shine - it is non-existent! Ie there is no longer a defect, the light source is deliberately removed and the window sealed with a concrete wall, roughly speaking. Why? It is not clear... Also not illuminated plaque with the name of cabaret.

Apparently, in Hove beach all the Windows do not burn in the PC version! It would be interesting to look at the Old junction, as the lack of lights there will hit the atmosphere! But, unfortunately, Juan has no trainers to do that I can't at the moment, it is necessary to pass the game.
Please note, some of the lamps in the PC version Shine, but do not have a glowing night textures. The same bug was in GTA 3 on PC.

Water reflections have been reworked for the PC. The screenshot was taken at medium settings the quality of the water. Personally, I like the water in H360 version, it is more smooth that is. However, it is impossible not to mention the fact that the draw distance of reflections of the lighting on the H360 version is significantly inferior to the PC version.
Pay attention to the posts. Again the same trick, PC a smaller crown, it looks strange.

Note on shadows: on a PC, they're... Strange? Well, some kind of puff or what... I would Like to mention that the PC shadows were changed with patch 1.0.6.0, it would be interesting to compare with the shadows on the clean version of the game, without patches. Also see the depth PC water compared to H360. On PC no blur backdrops, in contrast to H360.

And finally, consider the preceding screenshot carefully: on the PC a completely different rendering system. I know, hard to see, but at this distance, on the H360 trashcan translucent, while on PC it net. The fact that H360 used good old system of GTA San Andreas - the farther from the object, so it is more transparent. On the same PC uses a technology point of rendering, when the further the player is from the object, the less points he sees.

Conclusion:
-On a PC, no image processing as H360. In the end, the picture sharper, but the atmosphere is lost.
-No blur backdrops on a PC version of the game.
-The lack of night textures for lamps and lights
-Some textures(Approx. the Windows in the cabaret, the smoke from the exhaust pipe) on a PC or substituted or non-existent
-Incorrect scaling of the illumination lamps on the PC
-A strange fog in the daytime
-Changed model trees and water on more elaborate

It may not be all of the graphical differences of the game. If anyone has noticed yet, then please write in the subject line.
There are not considered graphics settings, it is clear that the PC and sharper texture can be done, and the shadows parabotany, and the resolution is much higher. No, the shadow does not cease to be a puff from it.
23 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guest 26.07.21

Another key advantage of X360 version is the original unraped soundtrack if you have a 360 and a physical copy of the game - you're gold!

G
Guest 26.07.21

Another key advantage of X360 version is the original unraped soundtrack if you have a 360 and a physical copy of the game - you're golden!

G
Guest 24.06.23

As a professional upholsterer, I can't stress enough how crucial it is to have a reliable sewing machine for upholstery. It saves time and produces clean, professional-looking seams. Use this website