3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20 04:23 pm

Power saving function

When overclocking Ryzen 5 1500X to 3700Мгц found the lack of functioning saving. What's the catch?Config in a profile.In the BIOS feature is enabled
So with overclocking:
50 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
Your UEFI does not ignore power saving features when overclocking? - would be nice with screenshots of his settings to see. And what power plan in OS included - by-default?
Spoiler

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
I am also on the axle I think.Acceleration to 3700Мгц not deplorable.On the old system energy worked under acceleration,the new – only with the default

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
What autorespon:
Spoiler
And I have 3.7 GHz on all cores

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
I specially was not engaged in acceleration, but found the UEFI setup manual distribution of the multiplier on the cores - I do not know as it correctly is called, I write as I understand. You can put on Auto and the system does the distribution itself, although lowering the clock frequency to 10 MHz instead of 4000 MHz is displayed 3990, and in a power saving mode instead of 800 MHz (default) shows 798.
Spoiler

Or separately for each of the cores - so 2 cores are set to the same multiplier (e.g., 44 - my avtoradgona default takes 4.4 GHz), 3-m core, one less (43) 4-m by 1 less (42).
Spoiler

But when I turned on separate cores and hooked up is one of the stress tests, they saw that the system itself (I manually multiplier wrote everywhere in the lines stood a value of Auto, as in the screenshot) set to two cores the multiplier 46 for 3rd, 45 for 4th 44, respectively, i.e. in fact, the very broke up to 4.6 GHz. I was in shock... ;)
The 3rd setting (as I understand Sync all cores) not yet tried.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
I yet did not try.When you get in the comp,I will make screenshots
And in your BIOS do I do that?

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

Lodurr wrote:
What's the shock?...
This is my first processor with index K - to other state employees-srednicki and didn't know what could exceed the declared maximum clock frequency without any action on my part. When I saw that the CPU is 4.4 GHz myself issued 4.6 - surprised (in a obscene expression of this word).
[Denis] wrote:
And in your BIOS do I do that?
Is. I tried to put - did not like: the text of some uneven (and more fat - another font), sometimes the translation is lame. Left English, special problems in the UEFI setup with it do not feel - in the extreme case, you can switch to ours.
Spoiler

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
Here's the screens from the BIOS:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7VYN/s17T28h3e
Power saving is enabled

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
What mode of power supply included in the OS?
When I had my system on AMD (old, still with the usual BIOS-ohms), there seems also had a similar function, but since I didn't have booster CPU (Athlon II X4 640), this custom was not paying attention (it was like on Auto). But energosberegenie the system works on the maximum frequencies percent. plowed only under load, without it frequency fly up to 800 Mhz. The power supply was a plan by default- balanced, as in the screenshot in the post above.

PS not to put screenshots somewhere else (due to the large size), open them in the usual risovalka (Paint) and save with extension .jpeg or .png, then put that in there. By the way, you got the UEFI translation into Russian is also not complete.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
SonyK. wrote:
Not to put screenshots somewhere else (due to the large size), open them in the usual risovalka (Paint) and save with extension .jpeg or .png, then put that in there. By the way, you got the UEFI translation into Russian is also not complete.
I know that.Just with mobile phones posted

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
How about this...

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
SonyK. wrote:
I do not understand. When screens with UEFI did, where they were kept ?
On flehu.Then once in the cloud.Long story,sometimes this manipulation I need.I forgot about the bmp format

SonyK. wrote:
2nd time my question was ignored...
Included energy-saving.Zero sense:
Spoiler

If in the BIOS like so:
Spoiler
The frequencies are underestimated:
Spoiler

High performance at default CPU frequency
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
I have so.
Spoiler
But in the advanced settings he has set the minimum CPU at 1% (default is 5%).
Spoiler
Or you could have a joint in the UEFI firmware, or so originally intended. The defect interaction energy saving together with a booster mode of the CPU in the most-10. But rather can be found on the AMD forums and Borg, or wait until the subject will go users with similar hardware (knowing this problem) and explain the situation.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
SonyK. wrote:
But in the advanced settings he has set the minimum CPU at 1% (default is 5%).
Did not help:
Spoiler

SonyK. wrote:
Or you could have a joint in the UEFI firmware
Reflash yesterday:
Spoiler
Was F10

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
Wait for a response from versed - we have a CPU architecture is different, this may the principle of operation is different. But I was wondering one more thing: on the screenshots of CPU-Z my multiplier is shown so x 8.0 (8 - 44), i.e. the current multiplier and scatter maximum and minimum values. On the old Athlone also showed...
Spoiler
...and you just multiplier x 37.0. I wonder is it because of the CPU or of the CPU-Z on 10-ke (1.82 - not the latest version, there are newer). In the previous processor of their screens left ?
Reflash yesterday:
Not the fact that the new version of error fixed (if it is even a bug, which I doubt) - it is necessary to look the list of changes / fixes.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
There's an old screens,one of them 1.55:
Spoiler
This is an old screenshot,I'm on it the CPU frequency driven to AM2+

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
On older screens it is not a requirement, it is clear that it will be earlier. I wonder why I have the multiplier at Athlone are shown with spread, and you've got a Phenomenon without (right peak).
Spoiler
I think more and more that it's in the CPU architecture - our old are similar, but not entirely: do you have a older AM2+, I have a younger АМ3. What OS the screenshot was doing? - if you remember, desirable and edition: home, professional, etc.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
7 x64,Ultimate.Left

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis]
I certainly doubt that it's her, although the longer use lavacca - liciously image (in profile), activated KMS nick. 10-ka you have some too, left (and audit: Home, Pro, Ent LTSB)?

PS the Answer in the topic about uPlay look.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.02.20

SonyK.
10-ku the day before yesterday is downloaded from the website Mike,it still has 8.1 installed.Is in no hurry to upgrade.Pro.

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

[Denis] wrote:
...in 8.1 it still put...
How's that?... (O_o)