3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Samyy krutanskiy krutan 04.02.20 12:43 pm

Rejuvenating apples?

Suppose that at the moment the average age of PG people around 20 years. Time goes on, they get older, grow wiser, grow up, become wiser... and unfortunately, finally getting old.
And here after half a century, the best scientists of the world finally cracked the secret of immortality, invented a means of giving mankind eternal life.
And it is free and accessible to all.
But... there are a couple of unpleasant moments with using this tool:
First - it keeps the age and physical condition have accepted of his person indefinitely, but not rejuvenate this man and not heal him from all his sores.
Twenty-year-old diabetic will remain forever twenty-year diabetic (yet, of course, will not come up with a cure for diabetes), and seventy-year-old big man, respectively, a seventy-year big man.
Second - the speed of production of this means is that for the year it may be enough for adoption, only two percent of the population.
That is, if according to the logic of the first to accept it will start the oldest inhabitants of the planet, assuming the average seventy-year-old (for once, this still includes our decrepit PG people), then at that time twenty years will be able to make it only 50 years later...
For simplicity, let's assume that by the time the Earth will be peace, no wars, full democracy, equality of all before the law, absence of corruption... and other benefits of a civilized society.
And, of course, making all important decisions by the General voting of the entire population of the Earth.
I think she is with the order-making elixir, you may experience disagreements And differences can cause problems, big problems among a friendly and democratic community of the Earth...
So that's... a hell of a situation.

Cho think :) the boys?
How will you vote, or rather, that invite to vote :( old fart?
64 Comments
Sort by:
C
ColonelJason 04.02.20

In your design too much, even hypothetically impossible elements. If the creation of the elixir of immortality I can assume - in essence, you invent a tool that will prevent loss of equipment - specific DNA sequences at end of chromosomes, in connection with the loss which we age, it's this:
Krucinski the quiet badass wrote:
it's free
on Earth will be peace, no wars, full democracy
I believe I can not. Not an oxymoron - peace and full democracy, really? Or in your world is also a means to boost IQ invented and distributed free to all? And then, if the current demos to give real Kratos, then wars will not happen is that because of all quickly die of starvation under harmonious bleeps populists.
So, if you planed with your layout all impossible, in the end, we get a very narrow space for the hypothesis: to be a tool and use it will be the most financially-wealthy people. And there are no differences and no problems - even now a small number of people, due to the large amount of money, live in all respects, longer, and better than most, and nothing, no disagreement.

a
angryfish99 04.02.20

The pills that the doctor prescribed, you need to take regularly. Then such thoughts will not arise.

S
Samyy krutanskiy krutan 04.02.20

ColonelJason wrote:
So, if you planed with your layout all impossible...
on lawns not to walk!
the chip is forbidden!
and it's... blah
For simplicity, let's assume...
ColonelJason
dude, Sam, how would you vote if, of course, are among twenty people of PG?
Spoiler
ColonelJason wrote:
Or in your world is also a means to boost IQ invented and distributed free to all?
heh, heh... what's the beauty of creating your Lunapark with blackjack and whores of NG?
that its content is limited only by the imagination of its Creator and the rules of creating topics on PG.
the question arises again, given that this whole situation located in the area of speculation, whether this future hypothetical ideal world is to humble ourselves and accept the fact that after 50 years (all calculations are approximate and conditional, for it is not the point) the entire population of planet Earth will consist of eternal seventy years old?

angryfish99
blue or red?

C
ColonelJason 04.02.20

Krucinski the quiet badass
Why do you think that giving the drug will be primarily the elderly? If the logic is to save as much of the living people, it won't work since the majority of elderly people living at the beginning of the hand, it's still not wait their turn and die. So, the ideal society should understand that we should behave in a utilitarian in the first place to obessmertil people in the Prime of life who have achieved outstanding achievements on the basis of intellectual activity, and only afterward begin to distribute the drug randomly in order.

M
MesyacMay 04.02.20

assume that the time on Earth will be peace, no wars
it is with the sequence of acceptance of the elixir may be differences of opinion...
all your thoughts are anyway limited to war :) the war be - it solves many problems (overpopulation, lack of food, fresh water, fertile land and its resources).

the theme is interesting, I love stuff like utopia.
and to live long and forever? XS, do not want. my grandmother 97 years lived in full health and mind, to the last for himself she cared, remember our last conversation I'm so tired to live in my head not at all,
so according to my notions the person lives while alive and the brain is there for just enough.
rejuvenating apples - nonsense, that if only learned of the driver in the head to update, but all the negativity in the trash dump, then the man and would have lived longer.

M
MesyacMay 04.02.20

ColonelJason
ColonelJason wrote:
So, the ideal society should understand that we should behave in a utilitarian in the first place to obessmertil people in the Prime of life
an ideal society without the experience and suffering of the previous generation itself will eat on time and immediately =)
so the elderly and handicap should be given... for the sake of the experience of everyday life.

worst of course to read these thoughts with that stoned pension reform - but the world turned upside down and all sorts of rubbish was far seen.. young people begin to eat and to send to the dump their own parents,
whether you survive without parents? here the question.

G
Gauguin 04.02.20

I mean, transhumanism under fantasy sauce. And as we know, transhumanism is necessary only for nedolyudyam. Especially in a utilitarian way.

M
MesyacMay 04.02.20

Gauguin
Gauguin wrote:
I mean, transhumanism under fantasy sauce. And as we know, transhumanism is necessary only for nedolyudyam. Especially in a utilitarian way.
translate pls.
and then you have a lot of Gaga on the expanses tyrneta hanging around
there is a simple Russian language, th rushing you forever in clever yourself to write?

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.02.20

First,who would have taken such a medicine,would become the bankers,then politicians,then the businessmen and the artists.And mere mortals...something I doubt.But for a certain amount of,perhaps,perhaps it would

M
MesyacMay 04.02.20

[Denis] wrote:
First,who would have taken such a medicine,would become the bankers,then politicians,then the businessmen and artists
sho nonsense?
the first who takes the brunt are the students in the laboratories.
no sane held person for any money this crap will not eat, he will give money to you to eat))
and where does the artists?

r
requiemmm 04.02.20

Such a drug is essentially a curse to mankind. I remember my family talked about a grandfather that fought in two wars, survived the whole family, blind, almost deaf, has lost all his teeth...the last years of his life, he every morning went out on the porch and waited for his death. And she wouldn't come and go, although it was her name. Died almost a hundred years. Nafig to live? Who would agree to carry forever their worn-out drunk-ass drunk body? The birth rate has not been canceled and here you are, a perpetual pensioner, starve yourself and see how fast your family, you have a hundred billion drained the oceans, in the Sahara, there are high-rise buildings on three floors, all guzzle soy concentrate and wash down a hundred times with purified water from urine...nafig to live? Death is normal, it is an outlet for those tired, only true friend that always stands by your shoulder, don't do that to her.

G
Gauguin 04.02.20

S
S wrote:
translate pls.
and then you have a lot of Gaga on the expanses tyrneta hanging around
there is a simple Russian language, th rushing you forever in clever yourself to write?
To see the value in the same Wikipedia (although these words are known as it seemed to me, is all) - an impossible task, I know, I know.
Well, I have to help you copy-paste.

Transhumanism (from lat. trans — through, across, over and homo — man) — a philosophical concept and an international movement supporting the use of science and technology to improve mental and physical abilities, with the aim of eliminating those aspects of human existence that transhumanists consider undesirable — suffering, disease, aging and death.

The utilitarianism (from lat. utilitas — usefulness, profit) — the direction in ethics (ethical theory), according to which the moral value of a behavior or action is determined by its usefulness. Under the utility act means the integral of pleasure or happiness, given to all affected parties for the duration of the consequences of the act. Utilitarianism refers to consequentially group of ethical theories, as judges do not act by itself, and its results.
The basis of utilitarianism or hedonism are eudemonism evaluative (axiological) doctrine, according to which the ultimate value is pleasure or happiness.

P. S. In Russian language for these concepts has no analogues. Can offer the quasiclosed and politest, but agree that it is not too harmonious.

M
MesyacMay 04.02.20

Gauguin wrote:
To see the value in the same Wikipedia
Wikipedia - now the dictionary and index? the horror!
pity the young, who in this crap looks))

C
ColonelJason 04.02.20

S wrote:
an ideal society without the experience and suffering of the previous generation itself will eat on time and immediately =)
so the elderly and handicap should be given...
Disagree. An essential benefit of wisdom of the elderly is another social myth, the failure of which is easy to detect, thoughtfully considered the question.
Metadataselector: the cult of respect for the elderly has existed throughout the history of human civilization (probably even longer), however, as we clearly see, no special movements in"mudrenee humanity as such is not observed. We see a widespread decline of morality, rise in crime, and what war in the last century went - a pleasure to watch.One word - endless repetition of the same mistakes. The only important, useful and significant step, perfect humanity in the last century, it is a victory over the supremacy of religious institutions that throughout the dark ages (thanks to light of the religions of the ages were especially dark) sowed the darkness of ignorance, chauvinism, slavery and other forms of hate and killing. But this victory belongs to the fresh minds of scientists in the Prime of life, and not senile wisdom, which, in contrast, often goes towards scientific progress, and spiritual esoterica. Ergo: the history of mankind does not confirm the pronounced benefits from the elderly.
Why is this happening to explain is also not difficult. First, about is the premise that wisdom comes with age. In fact, as a rule, come some years. If the person is smart and useful, it will be all my life,but in his old age, in the best case, not much will pass. Most people are stupid and useless, they will remain the same for life, but old age is likely to make some and even dementia. Secondly, aren't much use in their experience. Working experience of older people has long lost its relevance, and everyday experience all prefer to obtain themselves. And not the fact, again, that what the old man means that he has the right life experience. When looking at the many unhappy creatures, who, poor and lonely, loiter on the streets (sometimes in dumpsters looking for something delicious) as it does not appears that they have lived their life properly and sensibly.
In short, nothing but an individual's subjective sympathies to his grandparents, and imposed by society installations, the use of older people is not supported.

S
Samyy krutanskiy krutan 04.02.20

ColonelJason wrote:
Why do you think that giving the drug will be primarily the elderly?
ColonelJason
it asks the current twenty-year or the same man, but has already become 50 years later seventy years old?
well, sobsno, with the fact that the order of reception of the elixir (to heighten the drama and complexity of the decision problems) is so spelled out in the rules, I created Luna Park.
ColonelJason wrote:
in the first place to obessmertil people in the Prime of life who have achieved outstanding achievements on the basis of intellectual activity, and only afterward begin to distribute the drug randomly in order.
whether it is understood as that eminent academician and not that worthless lazy idiot alcoholic in the future ideal society, under all other equal rights, yet the right to eternal life will have equally?
by and large the most reasonable, does not violate anyone's rights solution would be the lot. but... it would be too easy, therefore, the order of reception is as it is in terms of the problem.
however, it is possible to change this priority by making various proposals and a further vote for or against these proposals.
sobsno, what I was asking
How will you vote, or rather, that invite to vote :( old fart?
[Denis] wrote:
First,who would have taken such a medicine,would become the bankers,then politicians,then the businessmen and the artists.And mere mortals...something I doubt.But for a certain amount of,perhaps,perhaps it would
[Denis]
dude, what place do you read?
And here after half a century, the best scientists of the world finally cracked the secret of immortality, invented a means of giving mankind eternal life.
And it is free and accessible to all.
Gauguin wrote:
And as we know, transhumanism is necessary only for nedolyudyam.
Gauguin
yeah... dude, you don't change, the same Megillah.

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.02.20

dude, what place do you read?
It is hard to imagine that what you write.Free immortality in Russia the same thing as Negros SS

And it is free and accessible to all
With some limitations in the form of a queue.

M
MesyacMay 04.02.20

Pilat, where are you? let's sing and dance! they're all gone mad, the mind and the story went crazy

b
blackadder111111 04.02.20

ColonelJason wrote:
the increase in crime, and what war in the last century went - pleasure to watch
Contrary to statistics: https://ourworldindata.org/war-and-peace
In General, the two world wars of the last century - is a kind of apotheosis caused by a whole bunch of factors. Since the 60s there is a widespread drop in the level of violence and crime. So the thesis about the inevitability of wars is highly controversial.

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.02.20

ColonelJason
An essential benefit of wisdom of the elderly is another social myth, the failure of which is easy to detect, thoughtfully considered the question.
Metadataselector: the cult of respect for the elderly has existed throughout the history of human civilization (probably even longer), however, as we clearly see, no special movements in"mudrenee humanity as such is not observed. We see a widespread decline of morality, rise in crime, and what war in the last century went - a pleasure to watch.One word - endless repetition of the same mistakes.
There is no wisdom in those who are older
The ellipsis...©

First, about is the premise that wisdom comes with age. In fact, as a rule, come some years. If the person is smart and useful, it will be all my life,but in his old age, in the best case, not much will pass.
Depends on what able.May not be literate,average intelligence,but his hands are Golden.Knows his job

Secondly, aren't much use in their experience. Working experience of older people has long lost its relevance
Work experience the relevance of not losing.Old people are afraid to share them:young worker can displace the old.The longer the young learns from the old,old the longer it will last.If the old all his experience will give young,he can cancel at any time.

When looking at the many unhappy creatures, who, poor and lonely, loiter on the streets (sometimes in dumpsters looking for something delicious) as it does not appears that they have lived their life properly and sensibly.
Just they are not wanted

S
sho nonsense?
the first who takes the brunt are the students in the laboratories.
no sane held person for any money this crap will not eat, he will give money to you to eat))
and where does the artists?
We are talking about the finished product,no?Write about the artists who have cabbage in your pocket,or nadopasana who have little halves

M
MesyacMay 04.02.20

[Denis] wrote:
with less half
[Denis] wrote:
they have little half