3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DarkPrince9507 04.02.20 12:44 pm

DMC HD Collection on PC: Impressions (Devil May Cry HD Collection)

Hello! As you know, the HD reissue of our (hopefully) favorite series came out on PC on March 13. I think enough time has passed to manage to pass all three parts, to compare them with the original, the nostalgia, etc. I, unfortunately, at the time of use, was sick, was the house where the Internet speed is very small (here it would be possible to insert a single accordionist video) and so was able to purchase stimovsky version only in 20 days. I played it not that much, but at the moment played about 35 hours, got 69/99 achievements, was the first and the second part on the normal (second part of both characters), the third part on normal and on easy (also now going through the second and third parts on hard). And... it's pretty unusual to play the first two parts without the use of emulation, especially after playing in them for the last several years exclusively with it.
Well, what can you say about the games? Let's start with the graphics and go in order.
The graphics in the first part is not very different from what you can see on the emulator, if its graphics settings to use DX11, high resolution, 4-5 times the scaling from the native resolution (setting Internal Resolution: 4x native) and other graphics vistapanel. But it is obvious that some, if not many textures have been redrawn (this includes HUD, low resolution which could not be changed in the emulator that I was pretty mad, but at the same time, though his textures are now in higher resolution, he began to look worse, because the health bar is now thicker than it was in the original, while the rest remains the same). But the developers have failed in an aspect ratio of at least in the game you play in 16:9 most are still on the menu in 4:3. When it comes to the ridiculous - on my square Monica 5:4 the game is without any stripes, but the menu is cropped, though not should be. Otherwise, in terms of graphics, nothing too disappointing there. Yes, I removed some effects like blur, but in my opinion, everything is not for everybody.
In the second part of your chart is not much different from what I have seen many times on the emulator, on the whole, the differences are minimal, and given gray-black-and-brown palette of the game, I'm not going to pay attention to them at all.
In the third part of changes more noticeable, brought back some of the effects that were in the PS2 version, but wasn't on PC. For example, now chess look like and had to have the blue glow that changed to red just before the beginning of the attack. I also noticed that the texture of Agni and Rudra were replaced with higher because of what these swords look much better. Also changed some, if not all, forms of DT Dante, especially those of Agni/Rudra, now this form finally you can normally consider, and the rest are better. In addition, in some places partially changed the lighting and added the glow effects. This, I think we should end with graphics.
The gameplay has generally remained the same, which is logical for use. Change notice change management in the first part, similar to all other games in the series. Just noticed (although it may seemed to me, not sure yet) that some enemies are easier. This applies to all the bosses of DMC1 (except for Mundus, he still provides heat even on normal) and also some ordinary enemies DMC2 (in the PS2 version of Goat, Goat blood and Goat of the abyss was stronger). In DMC3, fortunately these changes I noticed.
The outcome I want to say that even though the publishing and slightly botched (was and re-mastering is better, the more we know on the example of the first Resident that Kapka is able to alter their games better than many, let there was a remake and not a remaster, and the bugs that were still in the edition of 2012 they did not correct) but overall, I'm very pleased in letting will plunge into the frantic gameplay, good put the cutscene and such favorite sights. But there are still people who didn't play on the emulator, and for them it is like a brand new game.
What can you say about Devil May Cry HD Collection, users of PG?
11 Comments
Sort by:
D
DarkDante2008 04.02.20

I don't know why so many complain. I was happy with everything, considering I played on the PS2,on the emulator, and not just passed the average quality of the port of DMC3 on PC.
Price for me is adequate, and the port is done soundly, but again, Capcom and promised 4K textures. the first day is halfway through DMC3, (and was happy effects from the PS2 version), and the version of DMC1 I appreciated more with the hand on the Twitch, where it spent two whole days, and the Steam version I was already on Hard. (stuck on the DMD.)
based on your words, no one, it seemed to me that in the first part the Bosses are easy. (Again with the exception of Mundus, which I've reseter 7 times exactly before embossing rank S.) well, Nero Angelo-3, I merged once by his own stupidity.
The second also passed on the normal,for both characters, but to go back to her do not want.(I think not need to explain why.) Although I was glad to start it.
The third...well, perhaps I as usual spent most of the time. will a new knock S/SS, left to clean up Very Hard, DMD and Hell and hell.While sitting in VMD, because of Virgil to me after all it is easier to make,though in some places hard.Also went for his BP for a half hour.
79 hours and 85 achievements in his pocket.
I saw the pre-order Incentive - bought without hesitation.
Was not disappointed, only pleased.
PS: What is all the same form DT with Agni and Rudra are beautiful, on the PS2 withdrawals.

X
X_ray_83 04.02.20

DarkDante2008
Very much cut worsened to the music and so on

D
DarkDante2008 04.02.20

X_ray_83
I know all this, and music sync just wrong, but bad port that it (the game) does not. If it was so bad, I would do pre-orders?(With the Twitch I at that time managed to read). I passed them on the PS2

l
legusor 04.02.20

one normal bakery, you can go through all the games on pcsx2 with Absalom x8, which is equivalent to 4K + to add anti-aliasing. the picture on the output will be epic.

X
X_ray_83 04.02.20

DarkPrince9507
The schedule was cut in the first part of the video above !

X
X_ray_83 04.02.20

DarkDante2008
So this is called a fail even there is no effect of steam and rain and blur cut and generally beguiled the sound !
It's called port of the curve, particularly evident during the battle with the boss bird of the rain there do not see ((((

W
WaMuJlb 04.02.20

download pirates on the PC and was horrified clumsy port. I think on PS4 things will be better, but is it worth fifteen thousand? What do you say?

D
DarkPrince9507 04.02.20

WaMuJlb
I litsuha on the PC and this port is quite good. Yes, there are schools, like the menu at a ratio of 4:3, but more positive things. And I don't think PS4 will be any differences on the PC though cheaper can be the key to take on the third-party website.

W
WaMuJlb 04.02.20

DarkPrince9507
but on the PC for time management Ala 2005, the game is almost playable. Would include the pad, but the 360 can not digest. Too bulky too or what?

D
DarkPrince9507 04.02.20

WaMuJlb
But the game (the game) and so sharpened by a gamepad to play it on the keyboard is pure masochism. I am, if anything, play the Logitech F710, it is quite convenient. I almost never met the slasher, where it would be normal control on the keyboard.

W
WaMuJlb 04.02.20

DarkPrince9507
Yes, but be kind and make the management more or less sharpened by the clave since its release on the PC. Resident Evil HD Remastered is also sharpened by a gamepad, and yet adapted the sweat Klava-mouse. And play was more or less comfortable. This is pure lack of respect for uchasnikam (although for that they respected?)