3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20 04:11 pm

If you need a replacement cooling?

HIS 7950:

What say the experts?
45 Comments
Sort by:
U
Uebato 07.02.20

For this card - in the normal range,I have a gtx 260 was heated to 110 and worked)But a half an hour.

S
Subaru MotorSports 07.02.20

[Denis]
Using MSI Afterburner, increase the rpm of the cooler.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

Subaru BRZ STI
Does not help.Even put an experiment:

S
Subaru MotorSports 07.02.20

[Denis]
I have built a direct correlation, the temperature is 40 degrees - the rpm 40%, temperature 100 degrees, speed 100%.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

Subaru BRZ STI
You GPU-Z saw the maximum temperature of the VRAM?The gain of momentum of the valve may affect the t° of the nucleus,this I know.But at t° VRAM...snag

ReasonableSoul
About old maps I know.I have a XFX 4890 to the core one day to 89° C is heated.I did not bother t° VRAM.But we are now interested in, all are summer)

L
Luka_gg 07.02.20

[Denis]
Sure, You have a temperature, everything is fine. In the range of 80-85 you don't even have to bother. AMD had previously allocated to high temperatures, some of their cards even if 95 worked.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
OK

L
Luka_gg 07.02.20

[Denis]
You just still don't understand how hard it is, not everyone can change the radiator. Sometimes we need to organize the cooling of the power circuits, capacitors, need pads, you need to fit to them. Of course, if we are talking about replacing the entire radiator, but still need to find him, so that the replacement of the radiator of the question (not everyone will fit on the graphics card). If externally, this initiative, to remove a casing with the fan and distribute it to the radiator fans (instead of one - a couple). The winnings will be, but is it worth doing, I think NOT. Will remain with You such initiative, if you want to beta test, but keep in mind, the operation speed temperature need to customize (if you want peace and to continue to safely operate). Suddenly there is a guarantee (and suddenly), then forget about it in this case.
I even would add is do not go. Blow out the dust from the radiator to the compressor, change the thermal grease and leave the factory cooling system. Card the already old and weak, it's rubbish, I don't think You'll get it miss (although on her death, I did not stutter, of course, she still has protection, will see the reset frequency, the lower the FPS - think about it).

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
VOVAN WOLF wrote:
You just still don't understand how hard it is, not everyone can change the radiator. Sometimes we need to organize the cooling of the power circuits, capacitors, need pads, you need to fit to them. Of course, if we are talking about replacing the entire radiator, but still need to find it
I am aware of.I have already disassembled card: XFX 4890,Palit 570 GTX and HIS 7950.At all changed the thermal paste

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
Card the already old and weak, it's rubbish, I don't think You'll get it miss (although on her death, I did not stutter, of course, she still has protection, will see the reset frequency, the lower the FPS - think about it).

S
Sergey067 07.02.20

2VOVAN WOLF
Of course, if we are talking about replacing the entire radiator, but still need to find him, so that the replacement of the radiator of the question

Understand that even though you wrote? Or you get the same degradation as in Gosh Berlin?

The graphics card and the already old and weak
Down, or what?

The most obvious solution :
There is a range of low profile coolers at its c small height (60 cm) . Instead, the AXP 100.
This will count on the chip. But it is cooler for processors - so very need to do yourself (backplate you got from the old CO). The chip must be covered with thermal pads, so as not to scratch the heatsink of the cooler. If all done correctly will be a great alternative disappeared with sales of the Spitfire. Now the VRM's. Its have had such blocks on the power circuit. They were made in the days of the 5 series Radeon. Unlike the Spitfire they can still be found if you look. The truth is hard to find. . The VRM-R5 is (it then clips that are included to throw the valve 80ku and power it from 5 volts.). Here is a sample logical diagram of the operation. And - buy , finally a normal case, with normal fans.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

Sergey067
I Regarde seen WITH,only different

VOVAN WOLF
Vova,what do you think about this?:
https://www.regard.ru/catalog/tovar132856.htm

L
Luka_gg 07.02.20

Sergey067
Criticize the opinion, not the person. Why are you so aggressive? Competently dialogues do not lead, do not know how. Barnyard it's not necessary, it is not interesting.

[Denis]
I never changed, it was not necessary. Will not say anything more. Every time we are talking about a replacement radiator immediately thought of this:
Spoiler

I realized that I love it, got excited with expressions. Tests show I don't need to SPIT (roll under the spoiler). As I understand it is the 1050 level, I'm not seriously considering all that below 1060 (1060 although today is not a cake), for me it is weak.
Again, why should You? Money nowhere to spend? For maps with process technology 28 nm 2012 such a temperature more than acceptable. In General, look for yourself, I would not give money.

S
Sergey067 07.02.20

2VOVAN WOLF Criticize the opinion, not the person. Why are you so aggressive? Competently dialogues do not lead, do not know how. Barnyard it's not necessary, nobody cares.

It does not have any stuffing it in exercise - attitude towards you will change immediately.

Every time we are talking about a replacement radiator immediately thought of this:

It's all done and perfectly realized. Just need one rule to remember - Silicon chips are very vulnerable. And to come into contact with the heat sink through thermal pads + metal skirting , if it is not (do so that the base of the rim was ~ a quarter of a millimeter (can be a fifth) above the crystal, we report thermoproteus all. On VRM's make a rod of metal, on which is placed a cooling radiator. To crystals VRM's not to damage the tie this put on the nuts in the holes - they will Board against Scola. Themselves VRM's pad) thermal pads dipped in a very thin layer of thermal paste (thinner than a percent of a put) - so the thermal pad did not fly. And all this can be implemented - it would wish.
And the second not less important. Have backplate's holes M2 (or even M1,5) and not M3. Therefore, to fasten the frame to the backplate'have to be a little problematic. M2 bolts and nuts are pretty scarce .... where there are few. But you can find.

As I understand it is the 1050 level, I'm not seriously considering all that below 1060 (1060 although today is not a cake), for me it is weak.
Well, in-in. And then write :why are you so aggressive and take offense at insults.
JUST WRITING CRAP IS NOT NECESSARY. AS WELL AS NOT NEED TO INCLUDE BERLIN. And no one you do not write anything in response.

Again, why should You? Money nowhere to spend?
Its time for the card money was given much more of this mess. Warranty card no. If something happens the money is gone forever. Love the rework will be less than 6000 RU. It will be more only if you spend money on the Spitfire , but it has long been sold out , and the remains are already sold out, that it is suitable for a very large fleet of graphics cards.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
I realized that I love it, got excited with expressions. Tests show I don't need to SPIT (roll under the spoiler). As I understand it is the 1050 level, I'm not seriously considering all that below 1060
There will be free money,take 1060 6Gb or her level.For Ryzen 1500X more is needed.Resolution FHD TV.And from your screenshot, the dialogue is not very different.I would even say words:is not different.Higher FPS,more RAM eating twice.Everyone has their own system requirements.I believe if you pay for a game you should get it.And not just the increased FPS and eaten resources.

O
OkGo 07.02.20

[Denis]
I would have tried undervolting to do.
However, experience with radionomy nope, but Google tells me that the people quietly doing undervolting on 7950.
Degree 7 in the load can bring down.

_
_SubZero_ 07.02.20

70-80 temperature standards, I always works hard.

M
MunchkiN 616 07.02.20

dierently from referential ahlada GPU is the contact substrate and memory. the first thing that comes immediately to mind is that the chip is additionally warm memory. and memory in turn is the most vulnerable component is the video card. have purchased separately chillers in a good case, a set of micro radiators on the stickers for the memory which in my opinion is not necessarily good.
and the experience of the replacement of cooling in the epic times - not necessarily that it will work better reference.
other were changed such as the turbine on the bulky sandwich coolers which again against the full momentum rubies some 290х player on ohladu and wins except for noise.
given the age and elitest graphics card I would finally not think about the question of change of cooling with the intent of any overclocking or lowering the temperature.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

OkGo
And how much steps were able to reduce the voltage?

WanRoi
If I understand correctly,you have a GeForce.I stuck a 570GTX to test it GPU-Z is also t° memory is not showing.
I was once stuck in the system unit XFX 4890,I,side,a valve on blowing set (as pictured above) t° core from 84° down to 73°C. If you find BFBC2 screenshots, show.And then for some reason does not work.Will have free time,I will open it again and replace the thermal paste.
By the way,the experiment was on BFBC2:

The first screen with the experiment.The second in a sealed enclosure
You say: "you are incrementally adjust the speed.
Here almost to 4000 rpm:

Even afraid to imagine how warmed up the memory).Screen shot 12.06.2017.Up to 5000 to spin?
P. S If not a secret: what jaccaci makes under the video card?
I have three of them.This stick is nowhere

MunchkiN 616
I have just now no free coins to buy new cards.Below 1060-nd do not want to buy.And heat to destroy the 7950 is a pity).I am to old games yet dense 570 GTX stuck)

O
OkGo 07.02.20

[Denis]
Spoiler
In this case, the voltage is lowered to unity.

On the forums, you typically write: 1.050-1.080.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.20

OkGo
On my default v 1.094.Poeksperementiruyte).Thanks for the tip)