3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LuNature 21.02.20 02:04 pm

Hard drive for games (Seagate Baracuda pro 14tb vs WD black 6Tb)

Will unite in RAID-0 is likely, and therefore skorosti will be good. To buy consider 4 pieces. - 6 max.
Counting on the volume of a 20-40ТБ and above.
Spoiler Say the number of marriage the high Shatov do not know the truth...
10 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marsj 21.02.20

Like it just came up on the hard drive of the brand Seagate Barracuda from defective series, the day not worked, the serial number matched for party recall by the manufacturer, changed under warranty.

L
LuNature 21.02.20

RAHUC wrote:
I would games took m2.ssd
m.2 is inserted into the mother i.e. how many bars you shove ? 2? It is very small and besides they are already being used for other purposes.
RAHUC wrote:
and hard to stuff
Well, the game is trash.. that is not that important if lost - you can always download new hard.

f
fatallezzz 21.02.20

WD black was to buy a SSD for the game.
However, the amount I have 1TB because I usually install a game, pass, delete next.
WD Black is now left under the trash in a RAID array with Sugata which was formerly an external drive. In General, for 3-year operation for WD Black had no complaints. At this firm, but a larger volume (2, 3, 4, etc terabyte) do not say anything.

Feel free to ask. And what for such troubles with the RAID? At least 4-6 drives guzzle 100-120 Wat from the PSU and even rumble. Is not it easier for the grandmother to take SSD 2.5 format, a terabyte two good companies like gnusmas with good speed and forget? Yes, m2 is faster. But for games between 2.5 and m2 is not noticeable almost. Unless you are doing rendering and working with heavy projects in the video editor. But again, RAID will be slower even 2.5 SSD

l
legusor 21.02.20

read speed get percent 60% faster, on record it is almost not affected. take the disks only enterprise segment, and in any case not consumer\consumer-nearline. drives Google myself. that seagate barracuda, wd black that two dermansky shit in the consumer segment.

L
LuNature 21.02.20

fatallezzz wrote:
for the same grandmother to take SSD format 2.5 terabytes on two and forget?
SSD are expensive. From Samsung 4TB - 80k. But now even Terobayt or two this is not enough for games. Well, at least to me.
legusor wrote:
enterprise segment
And what can you recommend and whether they are suitable at all for games? The cache is supposed to have.

b
bazilews 21.02.20

LuNature
Take that,at what rotation speed is above or SSD.
I can recommend Samsung and Plextor.

b
bazilews 21.02.20

1Tb or 2Tb you little for games...???
In what game are you playing...???

L
LuNature 21.02.20

bazilews wrote:
In what game are you playing...???
Spoiler

bazilews wrote:
1Tb or 2Tb you little for games...???
I'm in a play in parallel. (on the mood)

v
vitalik76 21.02.20

Personally, I SSD to 1TB is enough for games. Although if the author of the games as in the screenshot, this of course is not enough. But you can divide the most popular online games on SSD, rest on HDD. The meaning of SSD for gaming is. The load speed I felt in the online games became loaded not the last.

O
Oleg Adrenalin 21.02.20

Does this screen on the forum rides repeatedly, see