3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
bazilews 04.09.19 03:39 pm

HDMI or DisplayPort?

What kind of cable,HDMI, or DisplayPort,to connect video card to monitor?
Which cable will work best?
5 Comments
Sort by:
k
kung fu master 04.09.19

bazilews
Depends on what monitor and what versions of HDMI and DisplayPort.

G
Ghost Hunter 04.09.19

Both shit. And came up with them the genius of God.

y
yariko.v 04.09.19

Ghost Hunter wrote:
Both shit
Maybe so. But, they're both better quality than composite video output. I have been using HDMI, the One cable really got a defective/ no quality, broke down after a month. The second use for more than a year, no problems, the picture is nice and clear.

S
Sergey 82 04.09.19

bazilews
I have connected two monitors, one to DP, the second to the HDMI. If you do not go into the technical details and history of development, they work the same way. Transmit both stereo audio and FHD video without distortion.

G
Ghost Hunter 04.09.19

yariko.v
Composite is generally the most srty signal. Worse it has only RF. Composite use on a couple of consoles that do not support RGB. The best are Component and VGA. Component without any problems like supports FullHD.

The problem HDMI and DisplayPort'but the fact that they create a high input lag. Above one frame. What good is a gaming monitor if you can't use it for its intended purpose? Games with precision control still will not play. 4K is too crude technology. Not yet come up with an adequate method of connection, the sense of it in games enough.