3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ARONDIT 24.09.19 01:07 pm

How does the Nvidia DSR? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Generally I have a full hd monitor with good IPS matrix GTX 1070 and it allows me to put a lot more resolution than full hd via the DSR. The question is how the picture in 4K using DSR is different from the image on a full 4K monitor using DSR, I noticed that smoothing is almost not necessary, but the downside is that there is a bit of soap.
45 Comments
Sort by:
T
TheSTIG126 24.09.19

Just be load as in 4K, but in fact, the picture can not be better, because there is no fad will not increase your Monica the density(number) of pixels.

A
ARONDIT 24.09.19

Vova15ru
There is still the DSR smoothness she pales a picture, but if the decrease is below 33%, the image becomes too sharp, and stop to sit on AMD.

R
Rorschach1986 24.09.19

ARONDIT
I'm on Nvidia, on fote like you,so put in the middle.

M
MunchkiN 616 24.09.19

I think as 900 p and 1080 at razmere monitor under 20 inch
finally, I just washed down a virtual monitor with 900 to 1080. the picture is not that much changed for the matrix but soap was less. but the best was where grafana even that was not particularly.
similarly, if the monitor is new, you can probably prescribe a 4K resolution and monitor will have it automatically enter yourself.

P
Protocol10 24.09.19

TheSTIG126
In fact, with DSR the picture is definitely better, because the rendering is at a higher resolution, 2K or 4K, that is definitely fullhd render more pixels, which means we get better quality and smoother rendering and better detail.

R
Razox 24.09.19

ARONDIT
There is still the DSR smoothness she pales a picture, but if the decrease is below 33%, the image becomes too sharp
Strangely I have the opposite problem, all becomes clear and smooth (PLS, Samsonova version of IPS) and not too sharp, MB in the settings of the monitor overestimated the harshness, or in the NVIDIA settings on the computer.
In the Witcher the thrill of playing in 4K DSR, because all the other branches and joy that flicker stop flicker, and the picture finally starts to look natural, a normal 4K monitor is probably all a fairy tale. Current feel sorry for real gaming you need two 1080ti. Or, in old games to run, but there is a difference, not really, due to the small number of parts because of that, and flicker appears on a regular Full HD. Smoothing of course it pales, but isn't that still quite something to treat the symptom, not the disease.

A
ARONDIT 24.09.19

Razox
I wouldn't say that too pales, just a silent picture becomes more turbid in comparison with the original full hd resolution, so I wanted to know on the 4K monitor is all clearly, but without soap? or 4K monitors, it's a fucking marketing?

K
Kraicher 24.09.19

ARONDIT
The screens in the Studio. Comparative.

R
RoMaRiOs KoYan 24.09.19

ARONDIT Buddy game for the second year with Nv dsr, to buy a 4k monitor desire dropped immediately, this is the same dsr upscale your full hd 4 times, the picture is no different from the 4k monitor, the difference you will not notice, and about the soap you wrote above there is an option DSR - smoothness I've always on level 25 and no soap, moreover sometimes it is possible thus to increase for example in the Witcher 3 raised to 30 and branches of trees when moving in the wind was always smooth. Type in YouTube 4k monitor vs 4k Nvidia DSR makes zero difference! 4K is only good for big TVs on the big screen the picture is cool!

R
RoMaRiOs KoYan 24.09.19

ARONDIT Proof attached, to watch in 4k

A
AL5 24.09.19

ARONDIT
Modern games do not suggest to bet 4K. Optimize is not the same. The difference is not so great to lose so much fps.
But in the old games the most.

l
legusor 24.09.19

to get a normal picture without the DSR in the pseudo-4K, you just need to add in the format of supported resolutions 3200х1800 through the nvidia menu (change resolution->customize, there is simply put the pixels, the rest do not touch). will play fair 3K, which is 66.7% higher than full hd (1920x1080). the difference for the better immediately noticeable, not soap like DSR. but gtx 1070 will not be able to carry games like the Witcher even third in Q3, gtx 1080's, too, though quietly pulls almost all in Q3, except for watch dogs 2, crysis 3, and third witch.

S
Sivka-pro 24.09.19

ARONDIT
Here are my observations about the game in 4K with DSR on monitor Samsung s24d590l full HD 1920*1080, 24 in the game the Witcher 3:
-settings NVIDIA control panel-manage 3D settings enabled DSR(putting there all ticks), then in the above line, set DSR-smoothness - 25% off!!!
next, in GeForce Experience in the game settings set the resolution of 4K 3840*2160(put the slider to maximum quality)
-run the game, putting everything on ultra, but to include the vertical sync.

Observation: in my opinion, the picture was much nicer, better(in perspective, as simulated in the game about 600ч), no soap and blur no - picture, more elaborate(especially noticeable at the armor school of the snake). And most importantly, thanks to on. vertical sync graphics card is loaded less, from about 40-70%, giving an excellent picture and a stable 60 FPS in 4K resolution 3840*2160 via DSR and therefore less heated, above 60град the temperature did not rise after 2H game Toussainte. Overall I really liked it, so played that, sorry, I forgot to make screenshots during the game.
Conclusion: play with DSR at 4K is much nicer as on the picture, and on the indicators that loaded none the less, the temperature is less and given that it's summer, draw your own conclusions...

PS. the system unit configuration in the profile description.

S
Sivka-pro 24.09.19

M
MagicHero 24.09.19

Sivka-pro
For GTX 1070 stable 60 in 4K ha ha ha, lying is not good. There on ultra with hairline drawdown on a normal 1080p will be below 60 if you fight with a pack of wolves and then 4K and ultra stable 60 so much so that the graphics card is not even loaded on full )))))

S
Sivka-pro 24.09.19

MagicHero
You're probably uneducated or can't read. Carefully read the posts above, notice that I played with DSR, read about it, what it does and how it works! And then think again about whether your angry and envious comments to leave!

M
MagicHero 24.09.19

Sivka-pro
Actually I'm not a LAMER and I know how DSR works. And you know what the limit for webmake 3 yf 1070 for a stable 60 fps is 2K resolution and no hairline on the ultra and the fact that you brought in 40%-70% load is normal for 1080p resolution and no hairline on the ultra. So just don't lie next time.

S
Sivka-pro 24.09.19

MagicHero
Take the textbook on grammar and read the rules of punctuation in multi-unit proposals!) To explain to you is probably pointless!)

G
GeRR_Praetorian 24.09.19

ARONDIT
Everything is perfect!) Which year are already using this divine function. On gomno of Fule Hae Dae-soap soap, but when you put dsr 4k the picture is hundreds of times better)
The difference between 4k full Monica and this way I have korifana with his Monica and did not see, but the money on normal games, 4k Monique 32D how he had spent that ohhh go-go))))) I have the money two some will be able to take on top!!!!!
Most importantly, that really was a difference Monique should be 27д and above, because you understand that to put 4k resolution on the 20D Monica is a perversion!))))
Or at least from 24D.

G
GeRR_Praetorian 24.09.19

ARONDIT
Spoiler