3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Cemak1374 12.03.20 01:43 pm

The quiet hum of the power supply when you turn off the computer.

Hi. Recently discovered off the computer emits a slight buzz. If there is inside a small transformer box. Heard when you were close to the system unit and during the night.

The computer itself works perfectly. Although it was collected in 2013.

What could it be?
24 Comments
Sort by:
i
iMDeadly 12.03.20

I was so... when the voltage across the network jumped..

Burned the hell out of the toaster( 750W PSU DeepCool But SQ is not blown.. and components remained alive. I am now an eternal fan Deepcool.. because if my ай7 6700ка would burn.. I would grief thumped to)

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

iMDeadly
I think the new building has no problems with jumping network.
So, what does this buzz?

y
yariko.v 12.03.20

Cemak1374 wrote:
So, what does this buzz?
Transformation of energy is, hence the hum. The only question is how strong he is. Hum like should not be heard until you bring the ear to a computer very closely. Perhaps the reason for the unstable network, or a transformer of the power supply. In General, it is better to physically disconnect the computer from the network when the computer is not in use, it will give the conservation of electricity (again), prevention of damage from surges in the network (two), goole will not (three).

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

yariko.v
Yeah, maybe before it was to hear, need to bring my ear close. (Formerly, for several years did not hear the same).But now, in a simple silence you can hear it. But a little further away.

Tell me more about network instability

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

yariko.v
And by the way, interesting point! The computer hums even when steam filter on / off button. The hum stops only after removing the plug from the socket

C
CreMat0ry 12.03.20

Cemak1374 in new buildings more often, the jumping voltage.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.20

I was on the old pitch when you turn the pitch into a power outlet and in a short time of start-up pitch, he started humming and then the noise was not audible over the General noise of the engines
and the power supplies from different power sometimes whistling and buzzing

R
Richards 12.03.20

My speakers are ringing in the changes, someone's banging the electricity in the house. In General it is always better to unplug the computer, like going to bed or going for a long time, since the voltage at the fuse box or th there he is, still is if you just off, or the fan will die, so I suggest you disconnect from the network, or buy an extension cord with the button off/on.
Learned from the electricians when the burned column, now just won't burn already, but if the lightning gets there, if it works at that time.

y
yariko.v 12.03.20

Cemak1374
Most likely the button on/off switch on the surge suppressor - single phase and it goes through zero. Which means that the phase is in the comp inseparable, and the current flowing through the earth wire. Try reversing the plug in the socket 180 degrees. Then the button will be interrupted phase.

y
yariko.v 12.03.20

Cemak1374 wrote:
Tell me more about network instability
I have not taught electrical engineering. As far as I can remember, the instability, in this case, this change in voltage is not sinusoidal. The amplitude of the AC voltage is determined by the ratio U*sqrt(2). 220 Volts is the RMS voltage value during the period. If the network interference, this value can vary in some range.

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

yariko.v
Richard
MunchkiN 616
CreMat0ry

Okay, thanks for the feedback! In my opinion it's not. The filter will change in the outlet the other stick overnight all cut down))

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 12.03.20

yariko.v
people most likely asked to speak in General terms, understandable to the average person who has no idea what amplitude and how many volts they are =)

By the way, Yes, I have the same thing. When the computer is turned off there is a hum from the PSU. 10 -15 seconds after turning off the computer heard this sound, what is heard at a distance of 3 meters - 5 from the computer. Do not live in the building, the old Soviet panel 9тина.
Is bespereboynik.
PS the Buzz is not often, I'd say it happens with probability 1 to 20. You see, when the computer is off, the UPS remains current, which still served to BP, but I was never an electrician, so that's just my guess.

h
hrdCore 12.03.20

Judging by the description, it buzzes the duty room, or rather the transformer of the ready room.

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

hrdCore
And.. this is the norm?

h
hrdCore 12.03.20

Previously, it was weaker? The configuration of the computer somehow changed?

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

hrdCore
The difficulty is that I'm not sure how it was before - the same or not.

Recently moved to a new building. Night heard the roar. Low-frequency rumble.. like wall running. I wandered around the room, and searched for the source. Not found. I think, really, the vibration of the panels under the window?. Got to listen to. No, not them. But then I caught the hum of another frequency (higher) from the computer.
I do not know. The sound of the transformer, miniatyurnoe. Not twee, not clicks.
About this je sound is the subwoofer an old (to attack).

Everything is audible, only if to be near.

The performance and stabilnosti computer nothing affects.

Maybe it is not the PSU and video card... God knows. The source is not identified.
With the change will come listen again.

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

hrdCore

Then at 6:35 identification of the defective item.

Only it's about the whistle he says.. God knows

C
Cemak1374 12.03.20

hrdCore

Config of a computer. In the summer I bought a graphics card r9 390x. BP itself old of 2013, Le Corsaire750 watt

S
Sanchez Ramirez 12.03.20

Use a surge protector.

f
fatallezzz 12.03.20

Cemak1374
PSU Corsair RM750? Now I have it, today woke up at night, the time five in the morning. Phone charging next to the computer, so decided to take it off the charger and put it closer to bed - heard a strange transformer hum. Very, very quiet. To understand time was not, went on to bed, after work will come I'll watch it.

Computer new, he's only a month. Config in the profile.
Rumble in principle does not interfere with anything, I do not care for him, is only interested in does it and is a sign of something terrible? The chokes on the cards too after the whistle, but it is not a problem. Since Your post has passed half a year. Have you changed anything in the computer? Or managed how ever to solve the problem of hum?