3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DMG EX777 25.09.19 12:36 pm

Overclocking GTX 680.

I have the Gigabyte GTX 680 Super Overclock.The card has a BIOS switch. One way I read the standard, and the second type of extreme.What will happen if I activate it,will there be any consequences?Well, there is overheating or a defective graphics card.Who know please tell me.
152 Comments
Sort by:
G
Glich34 25.09.19

of course he will. Do you understand the word overheating? Overheating means WORKING ABOVE the permitted LEVEL with HEAT DAMAGE. If you do not mind the card may be overheating as much as you want. But if way, keep her from overheating

D
DMG EX777 25.09.19

Glich34
I wasn't going to ruin it.I just asked whether there would be consequences from the inclusion of the BIOS.This is the essence of the issue.Not to ruin the map.

R
Razox 25.09.19

So it isn't that the same thing will happen that just to disperse it, only permanent will work?
The fans at 95% and put forward only on temperature keep an eye open so as not to heat up to 90+.

D
DMG EX777 25.09.19

Razox
So she already has a factory overclocking.But will give this a BIOS or something?

R
Razox 25.09.19

DMG EX777
Through afterburner try to chase, so in my opinion safer than a BIOS to climb. But usually such MEGAHOVEROVER EDICIN from the factory, driven so that higher frequencies are corn(aka no increase in performance). The maximum by 2-5% to chase you, the temperature will rise, and the fps in question is still. So that I don't know whether it is worth fooling with this for 2-3 of the frame.

You can try, at least for the sake of interest. From 5 minute dough I will not burn)

D
DMG EX777 25.09.19

Shorter used the utility oc guru 2.The CPU frequency is raised to 1202-1267.Memory up to 7328.Measured fps in metro benchmike a ray of hope.Everything on max To test the average fps 61 after 77.

B
Baralgin2004 25.09.19

Eslin SW shibauchi, by switching the BIOS for overclocking, automatically lose guarntee.

D
DMG EX777 25.09.19

Baralgin2004
Warranty card is long gone.Fifth year it already))).And the 3 year warranty.

G
Glich34 25.09.19

DMG EX777
well, the warranty warranty and lifetime maps you cut her with his acceleration

V
Vinni-Pukh 25.09.19

DMG EX777
Hospadi. Whom you're listening. Put without problems, any damage will not. From damage ( ie overheating ) is the throttle, this reset frequency for reset temperature. If you will be, it will fall much productivity and profit from will not disperse.

G
Glich34 25.09.19

Vinni-Pukh
indeed, overheating is trolling, not a real physical process. Tell me, do you know what happens if you overheat electrical item? what's your education, blame pouch to unfounded here say such things? you have specialized education in such things, you're not an armchair expert, I correctly understand? So what's your education, milsdar?

B
Belomorkanal 25.09.19

Glich34
Thick cut. Fat you need to cut as thin as possible to be too bold was not.

V
Vinni-Pukh 25.09.19

Glich34
indeed, overheating is trolling, not a real physical process. Tell me, do you know what happens if you overheat electrical item? what's your education, blame pouch to unfounded here say such things? you have specialized education in such things, you're not an armchair expert, I correctly understand? So what's your education, milsdar?
Before you drool, just read on the Internet that is trottling.
+ experience of dispersal from Athlon x64 and 8600 GT

B
Belomorkanal 25.09.19

Vinni-Pukh wrote:
Before you drool, just read on the Internet that is trolling.

G
Glich34 25.09.19

Vinni-Pukh
what's your education, tell people.

V
Vinni-Pukh 25.09.19

Glich34
Engineer-economist.

G
Glich34 25.09.19

Vinni-Pukh
such specialization does not)) it's like a musician-Pipeliner) You're either an economist or an engineer! But since you already said you're an economist, then in engineering you're no relation. So roundnose Humanities. What roundnose Humanities might know about electronics?! You have no one profile subject over 4 years was no circuitry or by microprocessor systems or electrical engineering. How do you know? Nerd blah. First learn to be sensible engineer in the relevant specialty, and not on any music and humanitarian engineer, and then yell something about how you know how to overclock electronics

V
Vinni-Pukh 25.09.19

Glich34
Glich34 wrote:
So roundnose Humanities.
I'm an economist in the enterprise in the industry of construction materials. Before teaching economic objects, without raising his head, inorganic chemistry I studied and passed exams on it, respectively, + non-organic. Taught physics, technology of production of ceramic products, glass and building materials based on binders, and was engaged in the engineering graphics and handles in autocad.
So that your apply, here is not appropriate.
So that you're not disgraced, read what wear out the transistors in the graphics card, and what is the maximum allowable temperature set by the engineers of the manufacturer

M
MunchkiN 616 25.09.19

overheating physical nothing well, maybe there will be the life of the chip will be reduced from 7-8 to 5
in Minya for 2 chip cards in average the temperature in yoah 80-90 and sometimes up to 100 you can heat up and demolition of these cards technical not. well, maybe there is a few chips degraded but how would peck peck map ought once a year anyway to change
overheat and overvoltage may suffer in main memory

[
[Denis Aleksandrovich] 25.09.19

Glich34
I have a 7950 clocked from 800MHz to 1000MHz on the core without a raising naprugi program MSI Afterburner'om .When 1050МГц flight,no more