3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FallenLordik 16.03.20 06:53 pm

Your favorite author V. 2

A. and B. Strugatsky
Yuri Nikitin(especially a series of Strange novels)
86 Comments
Sort by:
D
Diablonos 16.03.20

Only Hardcore only Clive Berker

Y
Yesenin_AFK30MIN 16.03.20

Esenin, Klyuev, Strugatsky, Asimov, well, probably Hemingway ^_^

L
Lllllllama 16.03.20

As I can see, not so little now people still interested in books (probably most of them prefer to read works in digital form... if I'm not related to those). I myself read a little, but still read. Here are my favorite authors: Howard Phillips Lovecraft, Dan brown, JK Rowling, Nikolai Gogol, J. R. R. Tolkien, and, oddly enough, Wrecks Kawahara.

V
Vladik9117 16.03.20

Dostoevsky F. M ,Tolstoy L. N.,John Tolkien,Fitzgerald, F. S,A. Goncharov, I.,Turgenev, I. S. - the most favorite authors.Though the title is named :Your favorite author,but each of the above mentioned, is dear to me with their creations.

A
Aleksey Lesnik 16.03.20

Simon Green

m
machida 16.03.20

YESENIN!

m
machida 16.03.20

George Dark wrote:
and, oddly enough, Wrecks Kawahara
why oddly enough?he writes this author?never met him!

m
machida 16.03.20

Vladik9117 wrote:
Dostoevsky F. M ,Tolstoy L. N.,John Tolkien,Fitzgerald, F. S,A. Goncharov, I.,Turgenev, I. S. - the most favorite authors.Though the title is named :Your favorite author,but each of the above mentioned, cherish me your creations
I also don't like to read electronically,just eye strain
how can I abandon the sensations of turning and the smell just bought the book)

T
T.T.G 16.03.20

Kafka on the heavy side, so this uncle top

L
Lllllllama 16.03.20

machida
Writes two series of novel - Sword Art Online and Acell World. Strangely because I'm not a particular fan of the literary works in the games theme, but it works somehow like...

h
hocmun 16.03.20

Now reading the book by A. Pehowa . A great author .Since ,,the Chronicles of SIAL,, I have not come across bad books . Each series or book interesting

E
EDVedun 16.03.20

machida
E-book, or as not strain your eyes ... take pretty good HD ink. Because books now get quite difficult.

A
ArXangel_ann 16.03.20

Dostoevsky, Bulgakov, Tynyanov, Pikul, Akunin (not all)
Tolkien, Bradbury, Orwell, Cervantes, Shakespeare, Somerset Maugham, Graham Greene... and mnooogie other

But the king is not love. Exactly. As uncle Ernest... sorry

M
Mantykora 16.03.20

ArXangel_ann
Why don't you like Ernest Hemingway? In my opinion it the old Man and the sea - very good. Recently watched a program about Fidel Castro - there's occasionally quoted the old Man and the sea - is the theme.
I like Terry Goodkind, I want to finish reading George R. R. Martin - until the writer is lazy, doesn't want to finish, for five years, the rubber pulls - die - the intrigue will remain.
Tolkien did not like - the book naive, a clear distinction of good/evil, very evil kind of absolute wanton, spineless or something. Here Sapkowski written more realistic - even the Goodies are not without sin, the concept of evil is relative. Shakespeare in school, hated his stupid Romeo and Juliet hysterical.
The king liked it only Shawshank redemption, other books that came to hand seemed heavy.

-
-Dismal- 16.03.20

Often read of the foreign masters of the pen - Sapkowski, Joe K. Faust, Tanith Lee, LEM, and Harry Harrison, but my favorite is probably Anthony pierce (honestly how many times have you read Hton I do not remember);
From Russian - Bulgakov and Kir Bulychev;

A
ArXangel_ann 16.03.20

Mantykora wrote:
Why don't you like Ernest Hemingway?
Well, so. On taste and color)) For me he is too predictable

Tolkien for a certain age - an adult to read it a bit late. Although again a matter of taste. For me, that's Sapkowski naive than Tolkien. In Tolkien's lots of references to Catholic traditions and hidden parables. This is a purely English school literature. You need to read in a good translation, otherwise much is lost. But if to perceive it only as a fantasy, Yes, weak. But let's not forget about the time in which written his works.

Martin did not read waiting for them to reach their epic (if it does)

A
Anna DeVitt 16.03.20

Orwell and Zamyatin

S
Ssslowpoke 16.03.20

Franz Kafka, Robert Rozhdestvensky

J
Juliya_Cabincrew 16.03.20

Vyacheslav Shalygin, Sergey Undercut, Alexey Gravitsky

P
PsiH86 16.03.20

Andrzej Sapkowski