3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tourist1984 22.03.20 07:50 pm

Pillars of Eternity - How to assemble a strong squad (Pillars of Eternity)

Good afternoon, friends! Want to talk about one of the curious features of this game. Perhaps you too have noticed it.

The fact is that if you gather a group strictly according to the plot – just go on quests and accept all who asked, the fighting capacity of the thus obtained of the squad will be very low. This is especially noticeable on the last level of difficulty. I will say even more – I played various compositions of detachment and realized that the game line – up is one of the most unsuccessful in terms of combat capabilities. Any crowd of freaks, it turns out, I'm serious – each with their own unique abilities, but in the end nothing really serious together they can not arrange. Like a Swan, cancer and pike. I don't know why the developers did, it's probably so we noticed it and started to try other options. In this article I will try to give a universal recipe for building strong teams.

The main thing to understand is the distinction playable classes at the time of application of their abilities. It is the time in battle is everything. Some classes can use magic or harsh to fight in melee from the first seconds of the fight. Others that they were an expert, you need to wait until the middle or end of the fight. It is therefore not necessary to take the squad all in a row – when a part of a strong squad in the beginning of the battle, and some – in the end, it turns out that this unit always is weak. Much more profitable to concentrate the ability of members of the squad at the same time – not to entertain the enemy with his magic the whole fight, and severely to kill him either immediately or a little later.

Of course easier to kill, because the best defense is a good offense. There will classes such as Wizard or Barbarian can both generate very high damage, and from the very start of the fight. Try, for example, gather a group of 5 wizards and a priest (he treats). In my opinion, this is one of the strongest lineups – with it, you will be able to go out and kill everyone. At any level of complexity. 5 farbelow gulp – a very serious argument. And then there are parasitic farbelow staff and spear of the spirit kitzel, armor and secret veil. And other spells too, even a basic magic attack really is solved when applying it in one gulp.

Another option is to dial in the squad a crowd of Barbarians. For example, 5 barbarians, and a priest. Are built in a row, take two-handed swords or spears (spears can be built in 2 rows, they have more attack range). Further carnage and slaughter of the barbarians do have mass attack, the enemy dies very quickly.

There are many options, you can for example combine the previous two. You can not take the Priest's more radical method, but damage will be more. Be treated will help a race of Godlike Moon – try to gather a group only one of them and see the result. You can take other classes, as long as they could start from the beginning of the fight to distribute a lot of damage, and this solves – the enemy is often just no time to do anything.

The second way is to play the long game and take in the squad classes that are strong in it. For example, Singing, the Monk and Cipher to the ability takes time to sing a song, to wound or to gain concentration. There are options and combinations even more and I have not tried it, as he felt aggressive tactics more powerful. But certainly an interesting can be a long game.

As melee in this squad you can use Warriors or Paladins – both classes are strong in the long game. The soldiers at the expense of defensive perks and self – healing paladins is due to the treatment and resurrection. About the aura, do not say – it is almost useless as it has too small radius. Nevertheless, it is theoretically possible to gather a group in which warriors, and paladins will hold the enemy and survive until the rest of the squad charged their abilities. Though how strong will this group – is unclear. That's all you need to watch and discuss.

The main thing - do not try to recruit in the squad too many different classes, it becomes weaker. For example, there are three classes of melee - warrior, paladin and barbarian. Which one should I take? One of each kind - it is bad, because the barbarian you need a quick game, he's dps with not very strong defense. And paladin and warrior and Vice versa - slow, as they are not dps, their damage is significantly less than that of a barbarian. But there are perks to protect. In the result a barbarian will quickly die without the support of warrior and paladin, which at the time of his death, no one will really have time to kill. It is much better to take in the squad or only barbarians or only warriors with paladins then won't be a problem, you will get fast, or killing the enemy barbarians, or slowly wearing down his warriors and paladins.

Thank you for your attention, all fun!
35 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cold light 22.03.20

tourist1984, and you're a barbarian yourself to what level rocked to consider the option of pumping is optimal? I option 5 barbarians seems highly questionable, as the lost benefit from the skills of a lone warrior(+20 damage on every hit), which in many ways makes it a game, especially in conjunction with a thing with the possibility of a retaliatory blow for blow. Besides, things with retaliation in the game not so much, such a detachment is not enough.

I
Inrush 22.03.20

tourist1984
the proposed game structure – one of the most unsuccessful in terms of combat capabilities.
This is especially noticeable on the last level of difficulty.
And I even got along well with the story party members, nothing weak have not noticed, everything's fine pass. The game passed on hard difficulty Path of the damned.
Have you ever tested your proposed variation of the composition, at least until the mid-game difficulty Path of the damned?

i
ironHAMMER.ms 22.03.20

Try, for example, gather a group of 5 wizards and a priest (he treats). In my opinion, this is one of the strongest lineups – with it, you will be able to go out and kill everyone. At any level of complexity. 5 farbelow gulp – a very serious argument. And then there are parasitic farbelow staff and spear of the spirit kitzel, armor and secret veil. And other spells too, even a basic magic attack really is solved when applying it in one gulp.
Yeah, especially when you can relax once per map. And the ninth not to mention eleventh level survive. And Yes, to take a priest for healing - bad form, he has only one normal healing spell. If I had to go through such tactics, then take the druids and not wizardof, they are the best offensive casters and healers at the same time.

Another option is to dial in the squad a crowd of Barbarians. For example, 5 barbarians, and a priest. Are built in a row, take two-handed swords or spears (spears can be built in 2 rows, they have more attack range). Further carnage and slaughter of the barbarians do have mass attack, the enemy dies very quickly.
Lol the same as before. They eat once or twice, even Bron'ka with wor will not help them.

The second way is to play the long game and take in the squad classes that are strong in it. For example, Singing, the Monk and Cipher to the ability takes time to sing a song, to wound or to gain concentration.
In pillars loves a protracted battle just singing, though and you can build from the chants, but not from slander. Well, the monk slightly, but monks are not played from his wounds. Cypher himself is op yourself the best dps in the game with +40% damage is permanent(for comparison, the horn has +50% at concealed attack), besides the cipher starts with a large enough number concentration, which is enough for 1-2 spells. And then give it into the hands of the arquebus or blunderbuss and start the fun. And Cypher and the horn in General brothers forever.

Nevertheless, it is theoretically possible to gather a group in which warriors, and paladins will hold the enemy and survive until the rest of the squad charged their abilities. Though how strong will this group – is unclear. That's all you need to watch and discuss.
All so pass. so quite effective.

Oh and by the story of the companions now is not all that bad. Once given the opportunity to throw them pumping and corrected the Mother. Fun only Stoic with his 20 determination and Paludina.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Cold light
> and you're a barbarian yourself to what level rocked to consider the option of pumping is optimal?

To 11.

> I option 5 barbarians seems highly questionable, as the lost benefit from the skill of lone warrior

I don't see the point of this skill is to fight a wall on a wall is much cheaper than to go anywhere alone. Massacre really decide. With 5 two-handed swords or spears splash.

> Besides, things with retaliation in the game not so much, such a detachment is not enough.

So will not at all.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Inrush
> And I very well get along with the plot members, nothing weak have not noticed, everything's fine pass. The game passed on hard difficulty Path of the damned.

I played quite far and even reached. Try different formulations and you will be surprised - where had to replay and perverted submitted almost on the run. For example, wizards I killed Roderick before the appearance of a fireball - that is, on the 3-4 level. And with the first attempt and just in the forehead - actually forgot about save/load with them. One drawback - the game became too easy, I gave up the game. )))

> Have you ever tested your proposed variation of the composition, at least until the mid-game difficulty Path of the damned?

Of course - played 3 times this complexity of different compositions. Barbarians cooler standard freaks. Wizards even steeper barbarians.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

ironHAMMER.ms
> Yeah, especially when you can relax once per map. And the ninth not to mention eleventh level survive.

Had no problems with the rest. Because a lot of spells, they don't immediately end. And powerful opponents that you want to put all the relatively small. Many you can do without spells to kill the ability of the Magic attack, to help you with 5 mages will have 10 attacks, many people this is enough.

> And Yes, to take a priest for healing - bad form, he has only one normal healing spell.

But he at all levels have a healing spell - it number take. Maybe a long time to heal.

> If we are going through such tactics, then take the druids and not wizardof, they are the best offensive casters and healers at the same time.

Maybe I don't mind - you must try it.

> Lol is the same as before. They eat once or twice, even Bron'ka with wor will not help them.

That's probably why I'm such a composition ran almost the entire game, killing all the forehead just.
You probably have no idea how much damage comes with 5 barbarians. They are usually simply no one to eat the enemy die faster.

> And then give it into the hands of the arquebus or blunderbuss and start the fun.

I though Cypher never made it, but the sign of the arquebus for a long time watched her shoot the story of Cana. The damage from it was less, and 3 times less than normal Damerow. I suspect that it should not recommend to anyone - very low DPM.

C
Cold light 22.03.20

tourist1984
And this skill had been tested in battle? Or only viewed opisanie? Enter the perfect tactics lone warrior + armor for the return of the hit + clothes boots shod in faith.
By the way barbarians as the buildup was, in endurance, intelligence or strength?
The massacre is really good, but for a good massacre need good accuracy, otherwise it will be carnage with the damage 2-5 units on a light contact, it is necessary that contact with the massacre went as usual, and this constant need Kraft groove of things need all the perks for a specialized weapon. By the way, how 5 barbarians with two-handed swords (damage slashing-stabbing, right?) felt in company with adowymi animate with terrible defenses CTE in addition to this blunt weapon? I was pumped on barbarian daggers, I had to Mace him to give in his hands.

That to 5 simultaneous volleys at the enemy, then this tactic works with standard characters, each in the second slot on the crossbow applied in snake and make a one-time shot, pretty works well.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Cold light
> And this skill was tested in battle? Or only viewed opisanie?
Well, they were playing quite well that he is. And what is especially nice - it is passive.

> Enter the perfect tactics lone warrior + armor for the return of the hit + clothes boots shod in faith.
Right surround and will kill perhaps? When a lot of them and they are there, the damage is shared out and it becomes not so dangerous. Alone run at all critical.

> The massacre is really good, but for a good massacre need good accuracy, otherwise it will be carnage with the damage 2-5 units on a light contact, it is necessary that contact with the massacre went as usual, and this constant need Kraft groove of things need all the perks for a specialized weapon.
So. Fortunately it's easy to do.

> By the way barbarians as the buildup was, in endurance, intelligence or strength?
Taking these characteristics equally.

> By the way, how 5 barbarians with two-handed swords (damage slashing-stabbing, right?) felt in company with adowymi animate with terrible defenses CTE in addition to this blunt weapon?
Boring feel - animatou very low damage, it looks like a fight of Pinocchio from Warcraft. The map was long and boring, I did not think to change weapons like you. Sometimes even departed from the company during the battle. )))

> As to 5 simultaneous volleys at the enemy, then this tactic works with standard characters, each in the second slot on the crossbow applied in snake and make a one-time shot, pretty works well.
One-time and he's the only one, they just will not recharge. In addition, without the splash. But useful in some cases.
Magic attack the same mass and running quickly - in the early game, so generally just makes all. And then there is the weapons of mass destruction - fireball.

I
Inrush 22.03.20

tourist1984, I don't think I will be able to surprise in this game.
The proposed developers of party members, of course, is far from ideal, but not so bad to abandon them, at least in the first pass of the game... Unless, of course, the player a interesting caring companions with their own personality. I doubt that the group, which consists of, say, one of the barbarians will be able to operate equally effectively on any terrain and will give odds on all fronts of the story satellites.
To say also did will not. Will need to check this matter... somehow.
Personally, I'm fine with all the enemies and cope without any downloads. The entire game was not so many places where I had to reboot.
I at first pass it does not matter what characteristics will have the story party members as the game, for me personally, it has not been so difficult.
Icewind Dale at heart of rage is much more difficult in my opinion.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Inrush
> Offer developers the members, of course, is far from ideal, but not so bad to abandon them, at least in the first pass of the game...

I just climbed almost immediately to clean the Endless path. A standard set of party members. And there I was with them was very very sad - who knew that there is much more simple place for pumping.
But then he went barbarians and wizards and avenge all their grievances. Twice. )))
Hence, this article is about the not quite perfect standard squad.

> I doubt that the group, which consists of, say, one of the barbarians will be able to operate equally effectively on any terrain and will give odds on all fronts of the story satellites.

Maybe, but something I can't remember such a place.
In open terrain steeper than barbarians because they don't have anyone to cover - the first time I suffered with the fact that the enemies constantly ran and they kept on killing freaks anemic second line - especially the Ranger was sick of this, breaking up with him was especially nice. And barbarians can be on the contrary to escape the attack and run to cut the enemy second line is more effective than to suffer from taken to run himself.
In closed areas helps that half of the barbarians should be no swords and spears just stand in two rows, and here it is the ancient Greek phalanx. Damage in front of her so that no one will survive. From all the spirits and other evil spirits, dangerous to anemic freaks, barbarians helps banal standing in any angle, they are simply not to kill.
That's all - what other threats are out there? Dangerous mages? In the temple, where pools of blood, for example - so I simply haven't noticed, sent out one each to the barbarian mage and all. A standard composition had to draw in parts and replay.

M
Morag_Tong 22.03.20

5 barbarians and a cleric, not something that would even inefficient - godless boredom prisypanija the lack of elegance in tactical decisions, nedum hack packs - what's the fun in that?
On a subject - Sifers especially above level 6 is just doing miracles on the battlefield due to the very flexible list of spells and I with another malesnica in the group they are able to keep a pack of mobs away from brats like that of the Ranger.

I
Inrush 22.03.20

tourist1984, well, that's one of the beauties of this game, you can play any part, tactics a lot.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Inrush
I also think it's W-W-W for a reason. The developers have not given us the ideal solution, and was forced to look for a good squad themselves. I love these games where not everything is obvious.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Morator
> 5 barbarians and a cleric, not something that would even inefficient - godless boredom prisypanija the lack of elegance in tactical decisions, nedum hack packs - what's the fun in that?

Barbara and elegance is a very apt word for one sentence. )))

And about the not thinking so the mode is ahhh! all to kill! same reason they think. It also has its own charm, so after playing, you realize that all these attempts to combine a bunch of different abilities all freaks - no more than climbing out the window when there is a wide open door.

Besides, the barbarians equip more interesting for them armor, weapons and potions much more critical. And Yes - fricomedy, you use scrolls? But the barbarians use regularly - envy. )))

> the principle with another malesnica in the group they are able to keep a pack of mobs away from brats like that of the Ranger.

Ranger in this game simply did not take in the squad - really it causes more trouble than good. I am most upset - I love playing archers, but there is.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 22.03.20

Ranger in this game simply did not take in the squad - really it causes more trouble than good.
Ranger is able to very angrily throw a mill, especially with a hunting bow.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

ironHAMMER.ms
> The Ranger is able to very angrily throw a mill, especially with a hunting bow.
The astringent roots? I'm up to level 11, you hit it just - I don't know, maybe there is 12 there are some other mill. Though what for it is necessary for the 12 level - there is already the game ends.
The roots are beneficial, Yes. But there is also not immediately and only work on one enemy at a time - though for a long time. And are mainly used to protect the Ranger from moving foe, so it is doubtful it is three steps forward, two back.

Through the camps I liked the mages simultaneously cast several binding/stanesic spells. Even the most low level - a puddle of oil, ice, cobwebs, and disorientation. It is possible the first course to throw it all into the enemy bulk and then a few seconds to zakoldovannaya anything. For example, this is how I cleared the location where the Stoic, in the beginning of the game. And there are trolls and skretny, other compositions I could not kill, had to go and swing in a different place. And then just zastudil and shot without any problems.

_
_Grads 22.03.20

Just finished the last probably the last passage to any thread DLTS, or more significant changes.
Even on the PP very much just passed, I do not see any sense to take a team of some of the creations of the tavern, when there is less role satellites. And so without a single scroll of butyl or food, playing the same bad command.
And that was with a GG and a paladin and a priest, then tactics are quite different.
But having in the team two of the same class (and Paladina and Stoick was in both cases) it seemed like overkill, to have a more completely uninteresting.
Yes, and three melee very rare, normally unable to act - just stood in each other's way - then it should be one at arrow rock, and this again is not fish, not meat. Nothing better to do, you can try a variety of options, but it's just that it was different and not for the normal game quests with party members, remarks, conversations, etc.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Grads
> Even on the PP very much all just passed

I agree on Diablowiki hell the game does not pull - too simple. Now all of these. I'm just in the Endless path ahead of time wandered - seemed so complicated.

> Yes, and three melee very rare, normally unable to act - just stood in each other's way

You need to use a build and a spear - two-handed spears have an increased attack range, you can stand in two rows. So at least six melee recruit - rare where they interfere with each other.

> and not for the normal game quests with party members, remarks, conversations, etc.

Which the game half pieces - few, very few quests and conversations from party members. And in General quests are not really quest - weak and the story itself did not inspire. The game is rather interesting fights and finding the right team. Perhaps there will be Addons and it will change - you never know.

C
Cold light 22.03.20

tourist1984
Well, they were playing quite well that he is. And what is especially nice - it is passive.
and that it is only if a warrior engaged in combat with a certain number of opponents, that is, if a barbarian is fighting several ligaments, which during the battle wall to wall to achieve Oh how difficult - even if one of the 5 barbarians get lucky and it will hang the required number of enemies, the other 4 d of this bonus will not receive. I get this passive for 1 (one) Barbara in the presence of a regular tank Eder was already not easy on the Eder hang 4-5-.... ligaments, and Barbara, only 2 and increase the number of them is very problematic considering that malesnica in this game once again better not to move (is fraught with a fight and a penalty from the enemy)

Right surround and will kill perhaps? When a lot of them and they are there, the damage is shared out and it becomes not so dangerous. Alone run at all critical.
Yes, in that sense - passive the lone warrior only when surrounded by and working.
and about to kill me help boots shod in faith, sverhestestvennoe resistance (Khilok Barbara), madness. but Yes, sometimes the barbarian cut down. But, in principle, not too often. And things with the second chance to help.

Taking these characteristics equally.
Not better maxing out int? If you have barbarians spetsializiruyutsya on the massacre, then maybe it is worth it to increase the range of your passive spells? And the power to get frenzy?

One-time and he's the only one, they just will not recharge. In addition, without the splash. But useful in some cases.
Magic attack the same mass and running quickly - in the early game, so generally just makes all. And then there is the weapons of mass destruction - fireball.
Yes massive, and fast, but the accuracy leaves much to be desired - if barbarians can still be pumped specialization in weapons and to take a neat massacre, the wizards seemed impossible. And the accuracy of the spells from the mages, in principle, leaves much to be desired.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Cold light
> and that it is only if a warrior engaged in combat with a certain number of opponents, that is, if a barbarian has a few martial ligaments

Are you sure about this? It seemed to me that it works more often and all, but not only one. I just tried to collect different wall - and the wall of the barbarians damagel much stronger than others. With the exception of mages with spears spirit kitzel is that - so do those monsters.

> on Eder hang 4-5-.... ligaments, and Barbara, only 2
This is another argument not to take the fighters with barbarians - not profitable.

> Better and not maxing out int? If you have barbarians spetsializiruyutsya on the massacre, then maybe it is worth it to increase the range of your passive spells? And the power to get frenzy?
I guess so, Yes. I maxil intelligence things really are. On the strength of good is less, the damage bonus is pretty weak.

> Yes, mass, fast, but the accuracy leaves much to be desired - if barbarians can still be pumped specialization in weapons and to take a neat massacre, the wizards seemed impossible. And the accuracy of the spells from the mages, in principle, leaves much to be desired.

Kompensiruet affected area well. Well, in General we need to duplicate - if you conjure, you have several mages, one little help. Plus wizards do not have to wear heavy armor with -50% recovery, they can take more balanced options, so the advantage is still the attack speed can not rely on each kick, and work a machine gun on the area. In damage they are still the coolest - I noticed when played the first time a pack of freaks, the wizard scored more than all damage. For example, try to satistavati a few fire walls at once - the enemies really like to fight inside a microwave. )))