3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tourist1984 22.03.20 07:50 pm

Pillars of Eternity - How to assemble a strong squad (Pillars of Eternity)

Good afternoon, friends! Want to talk about one of the curious features of this game. Perhaps you too have noticed it.

The fact is that if you gather a group strictly according to the plot – just go on quests and accept all who asked, the fighting capacity of the thus obtained of the squad will be very low. This is especially noticeable on the last level of difficulty. I will say even more – I played various compositions of detachment and realized that the game line – up is one of the most unsuccessful in terms of combat capabilities. Any crowd of freaks, it turns out, I'm serious – each with their own unique abilities, but in the end nothing really serious together they can not arrange. Like a Swan, cancer and pike. I don't know why the developers did, it's probably so we noticed it and started to try other options. In this article I will try to give a universal recipe for building strong teams.

The main thing to understand is the distinction playable classes at the time of application of their abilities. It is the time in battle is everything. Some classes can use magic or harsh to fight in melee from the first seconds of the fight. Others that they were an expert, you need to wait until the middle or end of the fight. It is therefore not necessary to take the squad all in a row – when a part of a strong squad in the beginning of the battle, and some – in the end, it turns out that this unit always is weak. Much more profitable to concentrate the ability of members of the squad at the same time – not to entertain the enemy with his magic the whole fight, and severely to kill him either immediately or a little later.

Of course easier to kill, because the best defense is a good offense. There will classes such as Wizard or Barbarian can both generate very high damage, and from the very start of the fight. Try, for example, gather a group of 5 wizards and a priest (he treats). In my opinion, this is one of the strongest lineups – with it, you will be able to go out and kill everyone. At any level of complexity. 5 farbelow gulp – a very serious argument. And then there are parasitic farbelow staff and spear of the spirit kitzel, armor and secret veil. And other spells too, even a basic magic attack really is solved when applying it in one gulp.

Another option is to dial in the squad a crowd of Barbarians. For example, 5 barbarians, and a priest. Are built in a row, take two-handed swords or spears (spears can be built in 2 rows, they have more attack range). Further carnage and slaughter of the barbarians do have mass attack, the enemy dies very quickly.

There are many options, you can for example combine the previous two. You can not take the Priest's more radical method, but damage will be more. Be treated will help a race of Godlike Moon – try to gather a group only one of them and see the result. You can take other classes, as long as they could start from the beginning of the fight to distribute a lot of damage, and this solves – the enemy is often just no time to do anything.

The second way is to play the long game and take in the squad classes that are strong in it. For example, Singing, the Monk and Cipher to the ability takes time to sing a song, to wound or to gain concentration. There are options and combinations even more and I have not tried it, as he felt aggressive tactics more powerful. But certainly an interesting can be a long game.

As melee in this squad you can use Warriors or Paladins – both classes are strong in the long game. The soldiers at the expense of defensive perks and self – healing paladins is due to the treatment and resurrection. About the aura, do not say – it is almost useless as it has too small radius. Nevertheless, it is theoretically possible to gather a group in which warriors, and paladins will hold the enemy and survive until the rest of the squad charged their abilities. Though how strong will this group – is unclear. That's all you need to watch and discuss.

The main thing - do not try to recruit in the squad too many different classes, it becomes weaker. For example, there are three classes of melee - warrior, paladin and barbarian. Which one should I take? One of each kind - it is bad, because the barbarian you need a quick game, he's dps with not very strong defense. And paladin and warrior and Vice versa - slow, as they are not dps, their damage is significantly less than that of a barbarian. But there are perks to protect. In the result a barbarian will quickly die without the support of warrior and paladin, which at the time of his death, no one will really have time to kill. It is much better to take in the squad or only barbarians or only warriors with paladins then won't be a problem, you will get fast, or killing the enemy barbarians, or slowly wearing down his warriors and paladins.

Thank you for your attention, all fun!
35 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cold light 22.03.20

tourist1984
Are you sure about this? It seemed to me that it works more often and all, but not only one.
Sure, he notice that next to the portrait of Varvara icon lone warrior rarely appears. At least in versions 1.2-1.3, in the later patches could fix.

I just tried to collect different wall - and the wall of the barbarians damagel much stronger than others. With the exception of mages with spears spirit kitzel is that - so do those monsters.
Due to the massacre. Roughly speaking, if there is literally wall to wall, the one standing in the middle of the enemy and finally 1 normal attack.... and 4 attack of the massacre from standing nearby. And so with every enemy, except those that are far away (they enters less massacre - radius far barbarian massacre reaches). If the precision is pumped, then the attack will be normal and the enemy will take 5 times the damage.

In damage they are still the coolest - I noticed when played the first time a pack of freaks, the wizard scored more than all damage
For damage, Yes - I have an absolute champion in a single damage was Alot (80-something), but in General, the maximum skill caused my own barbarian. Although in a familiar max damage inflicted Hervias, 202 points of damage poured.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Cold light
> I'm sure
Sorry, didn't know that you're a girl. )))

> Due to the massacre. Roughly speaking, if there is literally wall to wall, the one standing in the middle of the enemy and finally 1 normal attack.... and 4 attack of the massacre from standing nearby. And so with every enemy, except those that are far away (they enters less massacre - radius far barbarian massacre reaches). If the precision is pumped, then the attack will be normal and the enemy will take 5 times the damage.

And that's just fine! 5 times is 500%, not 40% or 50%, mentioned above. In this sense the gathering crowd of identical characters.

> On damage, Yes - I have an absolute champion in a single damage was Alot

Similarly - and this is what I noticed. Accordingly - we type in a bigger team of Alotof and take down all to hell. ))) Perhaps this will be the strongest squad.

C
Cold light 22.03.20

tourist1984
Sorry, didn't know that you're a girl. ))
All right, then equality and fraternity nicknames and passwords HD

And that's just fine! 5 times is 500%, not 40% or 50%, mentioned above. In this sense the gathering crowd of identical characters.
Not so easy with a barbarian, actually - it only works if there is where to deploy the ranks of the barbarians, and in dungeons and corridors so rarely, usually in the doorway for a maximum of 2 melee can beat. If in the second row are barbarians with a spear, then re 4, it's a bit too much micromanagement. Well, the barbarians sharpened it on the destruction of a large group of enemies, but against a single strong enemy they have no bonuses. Well, the situation with 500% damage is ideal, this will rarely happen.

Similarly - and this is what I noticed. Accordingly - we type in a bigger team of Alotof and take down all to hell. ))) Perhaps this will be the strongest squad.
Don't think of Alot closer to the end of the game, accuracy is very limp and became the norm misses with thrown on the dice value -50 - 20. Again, mages are fragile, sleep with one or two flop, and call the magicians no (strictly speaking there is a call for one electrical thing, but it still spool the necessary and I'm not sure how the tank from the sense of it is), and things on the call will not last long, again, regular breaks are needed.

In principle, I think that will be more powerful than the entire company of adventurers secrecy, and crossbows. Shots and one-shot phenomenon, but the need for regular rest and micromanagement in control of the crowd of glass cannons.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Cold light
> If in the second row are barbarians with a spear, then re 4, it's a bit too much micromanagement.

Not so much actually - the building is still there. We do two builds - one in line for the open and second in two lines for corridors. The second barbarians with spears, respectively, are in the second row. Finally, it is possible to switch the weapons.

> Well, the barbarians sharpened it on the destruction of a large group of enemies, but against a single strong enemy they have no bonuses

I agree, however such a single strong enemies is very small.

> I do not think of Alot closer to the end of the game, accuracy is very limp and became the norm misses with thrown on the dice value -50 - 20.

By the end of the game we have more to go on using mages in melee - they are not so bad there. For damage it's even better barbarians. That is kastuem mass spell all mages, and then cut in spears and forward.

> Again, mages are fragile, sleep with one or two splash

Not so fragile really. Do not save on the physique, wear armor with at least 10 WU, kastuem defensive spells and the main thing - cut in a secret veil, if the mage starts start. With this set they may be used as linear units and keep the crowd. And Yes - the race of the Moon Godlike is a must. )))

> again, regular breaks are needed.

The rest no more than a bunch of tanks really. Because a lot of spells, 3-4 skirmishes enough. And most tanks don't keep - they, too, need to sleep.

> In principle, I think that will be more powerful than the entire company of adventurers secrecy, and crossbows.

So they off one enemy the first volley of invisibility - and then what? Surely it will be better than the massacre of the barbarians or the wild mass spells mages?

i
ironHAMMER.ms 22.03.20

In principle, I think that will be more powerful than the entire company of adventurers secrecy, and crossbows. Shots and one-shot phenomenon, but the need for regular rest and micromanagement in control of the crowd of glass cannons.
More powerful than just DPS will be a bunch of Cypher with a horn. And almost no matter who they have waiting in the wings.

C
Cold light 22.03.20

tourist1984
Not so much actually - the building is still there. We do two builds - one in line for the open and second in two lines for corridors. The second barbarians with spears, respectively, are in the second row. Finally, it is possible to switch the weapons.
The fact of the matter is that the build is not much help - it is necessary to very exactly the position of two soldiers of the first rank in the doorway, so that both can reach the enemy. To me this is a waste of time honestly tired, and I began to put a barbarian in the doorway and Eder behind him is useless fussed with his door.

I agree, however such a single strong enemies is very small.
But they are not as severe(

By the end of the game we have more to go on using mages in melee - they are not so bad there. For damage it's even better barbarians. That is kastuem mass spell all mages, and then cut in spears and forward.
But again, it's towards the end, I got to the 3rd level Ogre failed podstawowego of Alot knocked out with one hit sent. With an Ogre druid his pain was.
Again, even if you put the MAG 18 Constitution, strongly it does not help - the magician with the level of increase stamina is very small, and there will be a roughly +5 per level or +6 does not make the weather. And then, putting on the maximum figure we will lose power and intelligence, and both these features are important for a sorcerer.

So they off one enemy the first volley of invisibility - and then what? Surely it will be better than the massacre of the barbarians or the wild mass spells mages?
Well, firstly, despite what the enemy, vahot the same mistress in the depths is worth a lot.
and about what's next.... or come off due to the perk to increase the speed... or go into battle in a invisibility of the whole group and repeat. The adventurers also have the perk for double the damage from stealth.

ironHAMMER.ms
mass blinding, I understand correctly? option, option.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 22.03.20

mass blinding, I understand correctly? option, option.
Mass paralysis from the second level, and then the shock wave from the sixth. Well, the leader.

t
tourist1984 22.03.20

Cold light
The fact of the matter is that the build is not much help - it is necessary to very exactly the position of two soldiers of the first rank in the doorway, so that both can reach the enemy. To me this is a waste of time honestly tired, and I began to put a barbarian in the doorway and Eder behind him is useless fussed with his door.

But why fight in the doorway? If we have a lot of melee, the enemy issued out and beaten as usual. Well, or go to him yourself if possible. Doorways - this is more for the crowd of freaks that have a problem with malesnica.

> But again, it's towards the end, I got to the 3rd level Ogre failed podstawowego of Alot knocked out with one hit sent. With an Ogre druid his pain was.

For a pack of magicians, ogres are not rivals at all. They are also slow until you reach us via our Tanasie/braking zagliani until hit. Just fry them with magic and all. Even perfume is much more dangerous.

> Again, even if you put the MAG 18 build

18 bet and not necessary - the main thing is not to put 9. 12-14 will be at the time. And we don't need to have HP as barbarians wizards before the start of active combat will roast/freeze the enemy so that it will just finish off. And in denying them equal just no - try, for example, to find the weapon, the parameters are superior to the spears that they castout.

> or go into battle in a invisibility of the whole group and repeat
That's what I do not understand - as it is, invisibility in combat? Tell us more, please.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 22.03.20

That's what I do not understand - as it is, invisibility in combat. Tell us more, please.
Perk. Once per stay is like.

S
SP-minus 22.03.20

what the squad will gather still stupid artificial intelligence ruins everything

D
DaBeast 22.03.20

You will be shocked, but the best unit in the PE - phalanx ! In (shock) Totalvar !
The first rank - tanks, shields, and flile. The second rank - psicoanalista pecuniary.
And in General - it's really the first Iggy, which reminded me of starsheklassnikov years, due to the fabulous atmosphere of Gafurov and other higher mathematics. Because in order for my team to make tactical allocation on the ground, I NEED to FUCKING SOLVE 20 GAFUROV ?!?

X
X_ray_83 22.03.20

I have a classic
Paladin,assassin (or whatever his name is),Mage, monk, barbarian, Ranger and a mustache rules ! The Ranger in stealth mode, a large damage is good, the first blow so to speak ))) I still did not like the magician it is necessary to use some spells almost in the butt to the enemy , as it is not logical.

A
Aksel777 22.03.20

My party:
Fire godlike in the title role (druid cat)
Moon godlike in the role of a Paladin with a shield
Settled Orlan the role of a Soldier with a shield
Wood elf in the role of Cypher with a musket (in Leyte will change to a crossbow or crossbow)
Wood elf in the role of a Ranger with a musket (similar)
The person in the role of a priest with a crossbow.

The essence of tactics - vanguard tanks with shields holding the enemies first volley of musketry and crossbow almost immediately, minus one or two of the most dangerous, then in the course are debuffs and control. Arrows maxil dexterity, perception and strength to damage, minusovat or INTA or determination.

m
makc11021992 22.03.20

How many players, so many tactics, I have a gg Ranger with high damage. The party is this: GG, Sagani, Eder, a Grieving mother, Kana and Hervias (the first act was so, then at the end changed it to Palidino for the long game it does not fit, mret all the time). All the infinite ways such a composition was held in a narrow koridorah animal companion, Eder and/or Kana are on the aisle and all damage on bows (like the current mobs of Hervias with a spear all the time was killing sales do not know, he was standing on the second line).
And why the story is weak then the party members? one dog can hold a 3 (like even 4 when pumping ability) of the enemy, and almost impossible to kill, and flail to the draining at all so as not to hit the fucking kill) until 2 Luke cover for him. add Kanu and 2 Pets and all, to bows nobody gets and they have good damage. But the magician refused for his entire damage area, and constantly their catches, so such tactics are not necessary and stoick, for 3 tanks all hold and Palagina can podeliti, and Cana have this ability at worst.
In General, you can get almost anything you like, the first game played so: gg (lunar letters), the Mother, Alot, Stoick, Heather, Paladine.
2 Cypher provided the transition instant 2 vrazhin to my area, alot of the other wings while Eder and paladina kept Stroy but stoick was a screwup at the side of the hills sometimes

S
Sweety_Mustard 28.06.20

It is strange that no one offered to draw a crowd of adventurers with scrolls/ belongings with charges of caste - deadly strikes to work with magic. What can these wizards, whether it is a volley of fireball from the stealthy attack for 100+ damage, and the wall reinforced 2 times fire fans will turn any crowd in the bags with the loot.