3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
ColonelJason 26.03.20 09:33 pm

The book thief.

This morning I went to your favorite bookstore to restock philosophical treatises. The shelves with the scientific literature as the least popular, hidden in the depths of the hall, and the philosophy and all in the corner, uglie its only religious-esoteric fiction (which is true). The last section (and thus near me) rubbed wretched form Dzyadok. Realizing after a while that I stick on the beautiful book plan for a long time, grandpa, defying decency, and apparently taking me for his spiritual accomplice, began quite incriminating to pull out the books bar codes, obviously with the aim of further misappropriation.I, at that time, this phenomenon showed indifference,and took everything that was needed, was gone. But since then they started to torture me thinking:why did I act that way?At first I wrote off all the situational, like grandpa old, pathetic and desperate, and Tutorial on reading Tarot cards, which he decided prihvatizirovat, and so need to be removed from sale and burn (along with the Tarot cards and those who are wondering). However, having dug yourself in deeper, I came to the conclusion that whether it is a successful young man is stealing dear to my heart Kafka, I would have done exactly the same. Continuing his reflexive excavation, I made about two unpleasant (from the point of view of Christian morality postvictorian) output: firstly, I'm kind of indifferent to the theft ( and indifference, in this case, the same promotion),and secondly (what a special surprise for me did not), I'm probably a racist, because searching in my head situations in which I still snitched, I found such only one: if books would steal Gypsies, or, say, Tajiks on these types I would have told immediately.
Overall, this experience gave me (and hence all of us) fertile ground for reflection: why do we, when confronted with the theft, are neutral? Congenital thievery Russian spirit? Commandment do not nastuchit? Sorry for stealing? Scraps yunesheskogo rebellion, manifested, in particular, and in minor offences?
What would you do in this situation? Well, tell us about similar cases-surely they were the majority.
41 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rolemanser 26.03.20

ColonelJason
Well, why did I read this, and got on clickbar, I thought this was a story about a young, beautiful and poor student who spent all his money on a potato pie and stole then a volume of poems Bunin - because the theme of the book Thief, and then about the old fart who stole a book about divination... FIE on you afftor, not burn more.

W
Wing42 26.03.20

ColonelJason wrote:
Overall, this experience gave me (and hence all of us) fertile ground for reflection: why do we, when confronted with the theft, are neutral? Congenital thievery Russian spirit? Commandment do not nastuchit? Sorry for stealing? Scraps yunesheskogo rebellion, manifested, in particular, and in minor offences?
Yes, everything is quite simple and without any soul-searching about the Russian spirit or not nastuchit. The legal system in Russia is headed by such people, what you witness can very easily become at least an accomplice in the crime, and as a maximum by the offender, for which thou shalt be condemned.

C
ColonelJason 26.03.20

Wing42
Your words just the same and confirm the conjecture Russian style and nostocaceae. Say yourself
Wing42 wrote:
The legal system in Russia is
ie it is of national character, as you described further adverse effects form in the minds reluctance to knock, because more expensive. However, all these considerations cannot be extrapolated to this case, as I wasn't planning to go with denunciation to the authorities just notify the staff before leaving. No, it's the internal struggle began.

W
Wing42 26.03.20

ColonelJason
Well, maybe so. But maybe not. About the internal struggle began and ended prefer not to think.

R
Rolemanser 26.03.20

ColonelJason
Well, well, so in the winter I was training, I remember it was cool, watching on the bench man sleeping, well-dressed, holding a bottle of beer, I woke him up, telling dad not to go to sleep, dream of winter - freeze, and went on to pass about 100 meters I met my friend about 10 minutes and talked, came the car went muzhichek this with the police and said I stole his money and wallet, though all ended well, there was his phone and money.
In the summer of last year I went for bread to the store, found the phone of a teenage girl, tried to back up, got to the police station and me for two hours promuryzhili, and I send them away fasting I and naivly was... but all ended well. But luck can't be forever...

Z
ZloyViki 26.03.20

ColonelJason
With such mildly pupavkini prices for books, these actions are justified quite easily)
Well, the Gypsies all dislike, because that often even those fans something to pocket, besides us since childhood, said that they steal children, but it is not so frail a reason not to trust them!)

C
ColonelJason 26.03.20

Rolemanser
Look, judging by this the luck of the draw, you must be over the Roma more than I mocked...other people's things better not to touch-a fact. There was a case not quite in the subject, but also about the phones. I was drinking with three friends I Institute, it is the night, no one wanted to leave, one says, let's just fit in. Really, I went to a site to party, and some dudes we were allowed to themselves-ordinary guys completely, sitting in the computer playing, well, anything than the usual company doing...Right thought the girls alone, I mean, without a boyfriend. I, however, did not stopped, they began to treat us all well, in General, sat. But in the night they fetched us out of the way, we are not very grieved, for the summer, and had continued to walk beside their home. After some time, call these guys, I say: go back a minute. In return tell us:our iPhone stolen. I even suspected about his bad companions, turned lawyer, I say:judge for yourself, as soon as we have something stolen, would we you can walk? Would have been on the other end of the city. The us and released. A few days later called and said that one of his stole.Such cases. But generally, with strangers it is better to be closer, even when all good intentions. There are lots of stories of a more innocent beginning, and a more sad ending.

R
Rolemanser 26.03.20

ColonelJason
There was a case when I brought Gypsy, she ran aimlessly. But in Roma I pass, and if caught special, they have a magic phrase - on ja Kar, it's such a good protivotumanki mantra...

C
ColonelJason 26.03.20

ZloyViki
Well, frankly, there are quite affordable in terms of price, edition. A good volume of Voltaire hardcover I 190 R bought - it is currently, as for me, considering that the movie you are at least 300 p pay, any property not receiving. And then the theft of books price opravdati oddly, there is no bread in the end. Plus, I'm sure that grandpa did for further enrichment by resale - not to learn the same the fortune he in his old age, want, really..

A
A.Soldier of Light 26.03.20

ColonelJason wrote:
started quite incriminating to pull out the books bar codes, obviously with the aim of further misappropriation.I, at that time, this phenomenon showed indifference,and took everything that was needed, was gone. But since then they started to torture me thinking:why did I act that way?
Good question. Of course I had of rat the man who's in charge of the premises, the guard and so, to punish him. Property damage the same.

ColonelJason wrote:
Tutorial on reading Tarot cards, which he decided prihvatizirovat, and so need to be removed from sale and burn (along with the Tarot cards and those who are wondering)
To burn people or something? ))

ColonelJason wrote:
and indifference, in this case, the same promotion
I agree. And in any case, this is not a promotion? For example?
By the way, Gypsies do not like not racially motivated, and for objective reasons... )

Wing42
True 8)
Rolemanser wrote:
after 100 meters I met my friend about 10 minutes and talked, came the car went muzhichek this with the police and said I stole his money and wallet, though all ended well, there was his phone and money.
Sucks this inner world of the peasant turned out to be the pig he is ) So he provokes others on indifference to all around you. Not good, practically the same as in the case with the crooks that are police officers, or ask money for the children. Well, the same really, just without the monetary component. The discrediting of kindness, generosity, compassion, is what it is. In fact, it is a moral crime, because you could be a child that in the future nobody else would help - thanks utyrkam.

R
Rolemanser 26.03.20

A. Soldier of Light
I had a case when I went to do a terminal to work, and he was in the store a distant village. He opened at 8 a.m., and I arrived a little early, it was still dark, something white square. This wallet was in it for the money, cards, and photo saleswomen in the store working. The terminal at the time the problem was, often wiegal there and have all the saleswomen knew in person. Wallet returned from the awards refused.
After a few months my partner, who recently passed, I forgot at the terminal keys and official card, so the clerk phoned me and said there is a boy who works with you we forgot the keys and card, come take away.
To describe it, if she had the keys and the card is not returned, I will not...

G
Gauguin 26.03.20

ColonelJason
ColonelJason wrote:
restock philosophical treatises.
And what I wanted to buy, if not a secret?
ColonelJason wrote:
The shelves with the scientific literature as the least popular
Come on, scientific-popcorn great odds.
ColonelJason wrote:
and philosophy and all in the corner
Here, too, is not so simple a redneck loves shitty pop music from philosophy, like Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Freud...
ColonelJason wrote:
uglee its only religious-esoteric fiction (which is true)
Esoteric of course must be eliminated, but the unpopularity of the religious in modern times is depressing.
ColonelJason wrote:
dear to my heart Kafka
I see you are addicted to psychedelic quirks...
ColonelJason wrote:
from the point of view of Christian morality postvictorian
Though I was interested in the ethical systems of such morality I hear for the first time. Excuse me, what?
ColonelJason wrote:
Overall, this experience gave me (and hence all of us) fertile ground for reflection: why do we, when confronted with the theft, are neutral?
It's all because of my friend, that you simply did not have the courage to stop it and take responsibility for this decision. It is a disease of modern man and the modern liberal individualism, my business, every man for himself, and especially not talking about how to unite against lawlessness. In Russia, it has taken ugly shape considering the imposition of a Soviet past, and the very commandment do not nastuchit, which was a criminal reaction to the COP culture of denunciation.
ColonelJason wrote:
Scraps yunesheskogo rebellion, manifested, in particular, and in minor offences?
Also true. This is the degenerative that can be in person, you need to get rid of it.

C
Cvoxalury 26.03.20

If the author he stole and read in the life of a textbook, you would know what is right theft of books or even better. stealing books". Theft from the bookstore. And Yes, clickbar. And apathy. And, perhaps, cowardice.

C
ColonelJason 26.03.20

Cvoxalury
Cvoxalury wrote:
If the author he stole and read in the life of a textbook, you would know what is right theft of books or even better. stealing books".
Nice try (well, as anything can be a good attempt unreasoned insults scratch), but, unfortunately, the book Thief is a reference to the film title.
Cvoxalury wrote:
And apathy. And, perhaps, cowardice.
In asking this question, did not think that someone will find yourself with these qualities. What all the same the people are different.

Gauguin

Gauguin wrote:
And what I wanted to buy, if not a secret?
Aristotle and Voltaire. With them and left.
Gauguin wrote:
Come on, scientific-popcorn great odds.
Don't know, never been interested in this area, but the fact remains that the entire scientific literature in book ranked the least popular of the goods.
Gauguin wrote:
Here, too, is not so simple a redneck loves shitty pop music from philosophy, like Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Freud...
Can't agree: the cattle, of course , loves everyone, but obviously necessary for the idealistic views of stupidity, naivety and a coward before reality cover a much larger number of this category of citizens. Anyway, rightly discovered Nietzsche idealism Pascal slow death of mind is quite peculiar to the people of our time. That is quite strange, since the 17th century, like, a long time has passed, and it would be possible, if not to abandon the fanciful delusions, then at least to choose them yourself fresher. But what am I? Current fans of fresh ideas about the paleocontact and flat lands quite a part of people's idealistic sense.
Gauguin wrote:
Esoteric of course must be eliminated, but the unpopularity of the religious in modern times is depressing.
Well, not at all depressing - in any state where the government thinks for the best to have in its subordination of people of a weak-willed, stupid and servile, mass idealism is not going anywhere. Unfortunately before the execution mentioned above, the writer wishes écrasez l' infâme we are still very far away.

Gauguin wrote:
I see you are addicted to psychedelic quirks...
Don't know what is there in Kafka psychedelic (tea is not Burroughs (the one the wife shot a monkey) what) - regular existentialism, in 18 years I went. Appreciate it more for the memories of youth. Although, the Transformation sunk.
Gauguin wrote:
of such morality I hear for the first time.
Prejudices about the virtues of one of the fragile branches of Judaism, plus the hypocrisy of modern times European spill.
Gauguin wrote:
It's all because of my friend, that you simply did not have the courage to stop him
Like the fellow above, you measure all by yourself (which is organically confirms my statement about the lack of courage people have an idealistic sense). Ideas about the framework of your courage I have quite clear - it is certainly not unlimited, but to approach the Manager of the hall with the words there you have the grandfather book now, I would definitely sdyuzhil - was, frankly, in my life, actions and bolder. But the volitional impulse to do something, I really did not arise. Why - this is what we argue.

R
Rolemanser 26.03.20

Gauguin
I understand that you're absent... that is scientific works - from a single source with ColonelJason buy?

C
ColonelJason 26.03.20

Rolemanser
The source is the same for all, but takes from him every of their own.

R
Rolemanser 26.03.20

ColonelJason
Yeah, who Cahors, who's absent and who's just beer...

C
ColonelJason 26.03.20

Rolemanser
Just that I am a supporter of eclecticism.

R
Rolemanser 26.03.20

ColonelJason
From the point of view of banal erudition every individual, critical motivating abstraction cannot ignore criteria utopian subjectivism, conceptual interpreting common definizione polarizers, so the consensus reached dialectical material classification universal motivations in paradigmatically links predicates, solves the problem of improvement of forming of etransformation quasipolitical all kinetically corellia aspects.

W
Wing42 26.03.20

Gauguin wrote:
...but the unpopularity of the religious in modern times
The Koran is the same in Europe selling well.