3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
e
eav96 29.03.20 08:50 pm

How to run Max Payne on Windows 10 ? (Max Payne)

Is it possible it has something to do. Compatibility does not help. Although... Maybe I something doing wrong and will work out with ?
27 Comments
Sort by:
m
moonchild69 29.03.20

eav96
Try it, then unsubscribe helped or not

e
eav96 29.03.20

Helped,but partially. After skipping the introductory movie comes out is :

e
eav96 29.03.20

m
moonchild69 29.03.20

eav96
Work with 98th Windows put, there's a way to rename the folder where the videos (Google it yourself) and in the second part of the same run, there was no need to create a theme, just everything you do

e
eav96 29.03.20

moonchild69
Does not work. The error still POPs up(the one in the screenshot).

s
saa0891 29.03.20

eav96

DX 8 try to put.

R
Reddington1371 29.03.20

Now looking for ways to run Scarface without the msconfig method because they are afraid percent to touch it, and on the way found an emulator direkth 9 called DXwnd try this. and 3dx ripper, but Scarface did not help

e
eav96 29.03.20

It did not help.

D
Deepblacksee 29.03.20

eav96
Try again will work with Windows 98 and run as administrator.Helped me.

2anonymous 29.03.20

Win 10 x64 will not start(

n
nickSIA 29.03.20

FATAL11TY
Judging by the error, the problem is in full screen mode.

Write in the following:
- Run in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode.
- Run in administrator.
- Reduced colour mode: 16bit; 65536
- Disable display scalng on high DPI settings.

F
FazoInvertor 29.03.20

eav96
FATAL11TY
The solution to your problems threw a PM

2anonymous 29.03.20

Yes I am using Max Payne in a window Loader started, went)

P
Palych Rokov 29.03.20

the problem is simple, the so, but there is no solution, the game requires ДХ8 and 10 wines, apparently there are libraries of this version of the HH and put them unreal, multi-core percent not a problem on win 8 I played without problems on my 8-core without any dances with a tambourine

B
Bender1Rodriguez 29.03.20

I also had a problem with starting the game(black screen) is Treated by completely disabling antialiasing. Maybe someone will help this info)

Z
Zhenya Rudenko 29.03.20

thanks me all works.)))

E
Evangelist 29.03.20

Did it ! 3 days tormented by your computer ! But it turned out OK !
Max payne-1 win-7 64 will not start no sound
I will share just in case, you never know.
Rocked not from here, but repak catalyst and only 1 part on the 1st disc was the version 1.05 of the game, the same version with integrated patch Shirokoformatnye that more obradovalo. In General:
1:install on the EXE in compatibility win 7 and tick run them.ADM
2:make sure your name uchetku in English.yaz with no spaces and all sorts of asterisks (I have one Admin)
3:the working game folder to English.yaz without gaps and squiggles (I have C:\Games\Max Payne)
4: and most importantly ! the called command prompt Win+R, enter msconfig, go Download, additional parameters set the number of processors is 1 (the more there don't touch anything), restart the car. Well, actually you can play.
Personally, I helped.

n
nikit Gamer 29.03.20

FATAL11TY
Try to disable anti-aliasing?

A
Artur Chudnenko 29.03.20

I have not worked on Windows 10 and not working... and the first and second parts do not run... the first do not show any signs of life, even in processes not remains hanging... tried all sorts of compatibility settings and patches, DirectX, tried to install, all to no purpose ((
the second part of the situation on the mm is better - a window emerges where you can change settings, but then fails with the following error:

An error has occured in the graphics engine. Try to downgrade your screen mode and/or other settings by pressing the Options... button in Max Payne 2 startup dialog. Max Payne 2 requires a DirectX 9 compatible display adapter. Please consult the troubleshooting readme in the installation folder.

Error: setFullscreen - creating the device failed : D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

Tried lowering graphic settings, a lot of things, but nothing helps...
Prior to that, at seven all was working fine (both the first and second Max Payne)...

If anyone can advise, I'd be happy...

H
Hitrii 29.03.20

The first, the second part of max's work on 10ke of the principle of free-play without dancing with a tambourine
Spoiler