3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
e
eav96 29.03.20 08:50 pm

How to run Max Payne on Windows 10 ? (Max Payne)

Is it possible it has something to do. Compatibility does not help. Although... Maybe I something doing wrong and will work out with ?
27 Comments
Sort by:
s
sabet130 28.10.21

try this as advised here:

After Steam downloads the games, try starting the games once. Nothing will happen but you will see maxpayne.exe and maxpayne2.exe tasks in task manager.

What you have to do is to exit Steam and restart it. To be on the safe side, restart your computer. You might have to try starting the game at least once. I also tried fiddling with compatibility settings and checked run as administrator once but it didn't work. I then reseted the compatibility settings. And did the following

Create two text documents one for Max Payne 1 and one for Max Payne 2

Paste these:

For Max Payne1:

start / affinity 1 MaxPayne.exe

For Max Payne 2:

start / affinity 1 MaxPayne2.exe

Save them as "Max Payne 1.bat" and "Max Payne 2.bat" inside the Max Payne 1 and 2 folders.

Now start the game by double clicking those files. After a few seconds, the launcher will start.

For proper 16:10 16: 9 resolution fix for MP1 and MP2, see here:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=547841

P
Pavel rally 28.10.21

sabet130
Bravo, after changing the video card I could not start the game for a year, I will write in Russian.

I went to the game folder, created a text document 1 opened it, inserted start / affinity 1 MaxPayne2.exe selected, file, save as, wrote the file name 2.bat now the game is launched through this file.

I
Ilya Belykh 01.07.22

Evangelist
Hello! I don't know you, but...:

I wish you happiness, good health, prosperity, strong immunity, longevity, and peace over your head, amen!

I
Ilya Belykh 01.07.22

Pavel Rally
I, with your permission, will supplement you a little:

As you wrote - it does not work, from the word "Absolutely"! Since, you missed, here, one more important detail! The correct line will look like this:

start /affinity 1 MaxPayne2.exe
pause

The word "pause" must be written exactly from the next line by pressing the [↵Enter] button, and with a small letter, I explain this not to you, but to the rest, I decided to use occasion, and at the same time combine business with pleasure! =)

Also, this line added by me, which was written by Pavel Rally, above, will work with Max Payne 1!

Outcome:
Spoiler

D
D_J_A_N_G_O 20.01.23

I downloaded the version from the catalyst and nothing (there is already an affinity fix file) does not work, the game appears in the processes and that's it, another repack from nemos seems to work, but the voice acting is needed bourgeois

D
D_J_A_N_G_O 20.01.23

actually the screen that gives the launch through the batch file

M
Max P 20.01.23

Max Payne 1.2 runs quite correctly on Windows 10.
Spoiler
Spoiler