3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aalsitsh 31.03.20 11:58 pm

The Witcher - RPG? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

What do you think is missing Witcher to full RPG?
37 Comments
Sort by:
p
pharaon08 31.03.20

System skills?

A
Aalsitsh 31.03.20

Well, actually, it would be interesting if the actions in missions do not just reflect good value and had a value. Like old RPGs, where your every step, every action, had an influence on the attitude towards GG, and the GG action affect the world.

A
Anymatrix 31.03.20

Aalsitsh
Namely nonlinearity and influence of the player in the world is not enough ) the Exception was the mission with the Bloody Baron, which can be played in different ways, and the actions of the player in them is much stronger influence on the world than all posleduesh jobs.

H
Hirok 31.03.20

The first part is more RPG than others.

A
Anymatrix 31.03.20

Hirok
Most likely the way it is. If we talk about leveling in the third part - it is horrible and I do not understand why it had to be introduced. More or less adequate it becomes only the additions. About the second part too, by the way should not be forgotten, it has given very good branching. Moreover, it simply has had to go through twice to get a complete picture of the story and the characters.

H
Hirok 31.03.20

Anymatrix
I made easier.
Put mod auto all unlocked abilities, that is, led pumping in 1 or 2 parts. Then put auto oil against the correct enemies and autoleveling weapons, in order to remove the grind.
And almost 1 piece, except for the lack of original plot, and almost no impact on the plot solutions, it is not on rails.

H
Hirok 31.03.20

Anymatrix
The second part of this terrible disgrace.
The worst of the three.

A
Anymatrix 31.03.20

Hirok
No, I have no mods played. Meant skills of your character. But about the leveling of edged weapons and armor - it's really funny and inappropriately ) Well damn how can it be that one sword of steel causing injury to several times more than the other? In reality every falling get I would not want! The only reasonable option - the authors aren't telling us, and actually a cardboard swords and painted the steel, and the armor is a simple painted fabric print real chain mail )
In my opinion all the parts are about the same ) the Second brought the Witcher to a new technological level, and this is the only part in which the player's actions had a real significance on the plot and what's happening with the Witcher. But the storming of the fortress at the beginning of smiled, painfully unrealistic it is in size )

W
Widukind 31.03.20

The time factor is not enough, so that it was impossible to postpone the quest indefinitely, as is now happening. A well thought out plot, with fewer contradictions. With more reasonable ties to the plot (for example, to the emergence of Minds at the end of the story branch of the Baron somehow logically explained, and not just the fact that the storyline is exhausted). And so if we have a choice in the dialogue or aggressive behavior, then let it be it really affected the development of events (for example, to the choice to kill trolls to kill on the way to the Circle of the elements would have some consequences)

H
Hirok 31.03.20

Anymatrix
Anymatrix wrote:
and this is the only part in which the player's actions had a real significance on the plot and what's happening with the Witcher.
Very funny.
More effects than you in any other encounter.

W
Widukind 31.03.20

Anymatrix
and how would you propose to link the changing of weapons and armor throughout the game with increasing power of opponents?

u
usus 31.03.20

The Witcher side scroller you th, what RPG

R
RiDDan71 31.03.20

Additional quests are not much different, for example help e is the bulk of monotonous

A
Anymatrix 31.03.20

Widukind
Completely abandon the growth forces of the enemy. Like change weapons. Not, forces have the same enemy may increase by a few tens of percent in reality, but not in some time. And melee weapons can be easier, lighter, balanced, and onion rather. But no more.

A
Anymatrix 31.03.20

RiDDan71
About them even not want to remember (((( Not in the first couple of times they even seem interesting. And then they begin to tire. A completely unnecessary job.

M
MunchkiN 616 31.03.20

to a full RPG? peck-peck
all classes of merchants barbers and wandering troubadours in addition to in fact the only class witch
a custom character that you can play all sorts of nationalities and races and to choose the size of Boobs
and that the world accordingly to react as the plot of the Witcher-a mutant straight
and quests respectively, were not only under the witch - like collect 10 colors of sage, armorer, etc need ore PEK-PEK
finally in my opinion super duper real naked RPG is very boring. it must be deeply deterministic system tied to the skills, character skills and stats should describe the interaction of the character with the world. the happiness of most modern RPGs is the boar and slash rolling with elements of adventure games and quuest literally.

W
Widukind 31.03.20

Anymatrix
That is essentially to remove all growth levels, the accumulation of experience, etc. And I initially liked to accumulate experience and distribute skill points, probably because I'm used to this in my old favorite game related to the genre of strategies

P
Playersaharan 31.03.20

Well, the main problem of all the Witcher as an RPG lies in the fact that we're playing pre-written by someone else a hero, whose own world-view, relationships, and habits, which in turn imposes a sickly restriction on the ability of wagering. Of course, we can do as we please (a La to reject Yen, reasonable to kill the monster, Rob KMET to the bone etc), but in General we will not be able to greatly change the proselyte, for he will still love portals, sad about the Vesemira to sleep with Triss (the beginning of the second part), flirt with Jenn (up to a possible gap in the quest with the Genie), to be friends with Buttercup/by zoltán etc (not to mention the fact that mage or stealth killer, but we from it not to do). On the one hand it's not so bad (still Geralt a good character and it is interesting to observe), but it is the main reason why the Witcher is widely regarded as not a full-fledged RPG, and action game with its elements. Well, everyone else named in this thread, the reasons (a La scanty bleeding and the lack of nonlinearity) directly follow from what I said above.
Anymatrix
But they are much better than the orders from the previous parts. And interesting enough, a La the Most Dangerous Criminal of Skellige, the heart of the Forest, the Monster of Dobrov etc

H
Hirok 31.03.20

Widukind
Not to increase the power of the enemy.

H
Hirok 31.03.20

Widukind
Widukind wrote:
That is essentially to remove all growth levels, the accumulation of experience, etc.
In the first part everything was balanced. And growth has been experience and levels. So, the bike is not necessary to invent.