3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vanek Shehminkin 05.04.20 09:10 pm

The problem when overclocking the monitor

I decided to try to overclock the monitor from 60 to 75 Hertz. And there was a problem. Acceleration was normal, except that after the crackdown stretched the resolution as if put the 4:3 format. If you put everything on the default resolution normal. How to solve the problem ?
13 Comments
Sort by:
994950 09.05.21

I myself have such a problem

R
Ryazancev 09.05.21

ISHA_EU
Question, what type of connection do you have (HDMI, DP-port, DVI)?
There is a suspicion that in this situation the head moves away from the Analog Type (VGA, DVI-I).

l
longerr2007 09.05.21

ISHA_EU
Monitor overclocking is a flight of imagination). How much is written in it, how much it can give out is not memory or video. Do not do nonsense.

I
ISHA_EU 13.06.21

longerr2007
put it wrong :). My monitor can give out 75 hertz, but this frequency is locked by the manufacturer, and only gives out 60. I
was able to unlock it for a long time)

S
SonyK_2 13.06.21

ISHA_EU
ISHA_EU wrote:
I decided to try to overclock the monitor from 60 to 75 hertz ... after overclocking, the resolution is stretched as if I set the format to 4: 3
... the monitor can produce 75 hertz ...
In the "native" resolution? - if it (and the aspect ratio) changes when changing the hertzon, this is one of the settings provided by the manufacturer. Even my "old man" can work at 75 Hz, but at lower resolutions.
Spoiler

I
ISHA_EU 23.07.21

SonyK_2 Solved the
problem a long time ago. It was only necessary to dig a little in the nvidia settings)

h
happy day2007 03.04.22

ISHA_EU
Hello, but I have such a problem with the monitor's hertz
when I changed the hertz, the fps in the applications should have increased, and it was based on the manufacturer's value of 59 Hz
Can you help with the problem?

r
ridik455 20.01.23

Greetings! I bought an asus vg259qm monitor. The declared hertz is 280. After connecting to the system unit, I found that it only outputs 60 Hz. I configured 120Hz in the parameters, it no longer gives out. The overclocking function does not work as well as the hdr function. They are simply not activated. There is no video card. Processor Intel Core i5 10400 with video core. When installing a video card, will overclocking by hertz and hdr be activated?

S
Snow70 20.01.23

ridik455
Try to do this, where the hertz is, raise it by 5-10, and be sure to press the TEST from below! You can do this until it goes out (it means the test is completed)
But only when you buy a green card =) I don’t know how to make red cards

Spoiler

r
ridik455 20.01.23

Thank you I will buy and try!

L
Loken 20.01.23

ridik455
Your motherboard must have a video output port of the required version. The specifications for the mother indicate what max resolution and hertz it supports. Also, you must have the cable of the correct version.

r
ridik455 20.01.23

Loken
Thank you. I will check.

C
Chester_B 20.01.23

If the monitor is above 60Hz, then in order for such a stream to go, for example, to 1440p, you need a special cable.
More details on habré are:
https://habr.com/ru/post/656479/