3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
neperenosimyy 03.10.19 01:02 am

DELL

Can anyone come across. A week ago changed Monique.
Moved from the monitor DELL UltraSharp U2412M
On the Dell monitor S2419HGF.
Like the second should be better. 144 frequency. checked on Fraps. And in the settings is displayed. But my eyes get tired, red. No matter what to do to surf the Internet, play games support 144 frequency. to watch the movie.
The first kind is known as worse but the eyes half tired.
In sharish Monique poorly. On the Internet authoritative views 144 voice that should be better for the eyes. But in fact I feel worse. If encountered, or read about a similar situation, please tell me the possible causes, effects, and optionally to return the first Monique, or something to do with the other?
16 Comments
Sort by:
v
vitalik76 03.10.19

Increased frequency of the monitor is only a possibility. However, it is necessary that your iron was given in the games stable 144фпс.

n
neperenosimyy 03.10.19

vitalik76
practical 1050ти pull. ran Fraps was showing that, Yes. it's not just in games. to just sit, tired. That is, even now. while writing the post and was looking for an answer. eyes got tired.

D
Dogmit 03.10.19

unbearable
to sit about a week, eyes will get used to it.

l
legusor 03.10.19

reduce the brightness settings to be a bit dark. if the negative effect will remain, then there is even a calibrator won't help and from the monitor you will have to get rid of. eye pressure – no joke.

n
neperenosimyy 03.10.19

Dogma
sit for a week )) not used )))
legusor
in spaces of the Internet, encountered the opposite opinion. some say like you. they say you have to lower the brightness, they say because of this bright light your eyes get tired, others on the contrary say to add, supposedly due to the fact that the screen is dark, eyes stronger strain, pros cons of both sides. ))) While trying to add ))) then try to subtract )) don't know what will ))

S
SPR1GGAN 03.10.19

just a matter of habit and perhaps as has been written of brightness and contrast
also when changed Monique ,I was not comfortable to do,after 3-4 years old fixed,and I had it cut already and it was not nice .

R
Ryazancev 03.10.19

unbearable
intolerable wrote:
others on the contrary say to add, supposedly due to the fact that the screen is dark, eyes stronger strain, pros cons of both sides. )))
Dear, you even went to school on the physics lessons.
Those who write (Caesura).
I put brightness + 35% of 100. There in the settings there is a scale. If the claimed 350 candelas per square meter is, 35 as the norm.
Add contrast until clipping of colors according to the color scale of the test.
If you need images for calibration - write in drugs.

n
neperenosimyy 03.10.19

Ryazancev
Mandatory go ))) And know that the brightness is excessive for light sensitive eyes can be very not comfortable. )))
If you put -35% of the 100, dark the screen becomes. Tried just that. Very dull.

R
Ryazancev 03.10.19

unbearable
Crank up the greatest possible contrast to onset of clipping (draining the brightest shades with predydushimi).
The minimum comfortable brightness.
Here's the standards
http://eco-e.ru/goodies/stati/svetovaya-sreda/puslation/displays/43-ekran-kompyutera-sanitarnye-normy-trebovaniya-k-raspolozheniyu-kachestvu-izobrazheniya-urovnyu-izlucheniya-obustrojstvu-rabochego-mesta
Even in the lightest of the premises shall not exceed 200 candelas per M2.
I don't know the real brightness of your Monica, without the device do not say, and likely to brightness is not linear. And depending on the settings of contrast.
Even as an option vodstroy white Level. If not on the menu Monica color temperature. Rotate either the blue slider in the negative, or green and red plus.
About physics when he wrote was referring to the capture by the atoms of the photon wave and its reflection. Depends on the light intensity and the frequency of the wave (and of the atomic structure of the material). I.e. the higher luminous flux and higher frequency. For example Blue as the most toxic to the eye.
And why the eyes do not like RGB. The lens can't focus due to the 3 different wavelengths. Therefore, in email. Books monochrome screen and humane light.
I can assume that brown eyes are suffering more than blue, but that's a guess.

n
neperenosimyy 03.10.19

Ryazancev
Yeah. clear. Well, I would say that this is not a school section of physics ))) anyway, anything similar I do not remember ))) But thank you. informative )))
Now sit twist, see what happens )))

a
airstorm 03.10.19

unbearable
Perhaps it is the monitor itself, or rather its PWM on the backlight.
About a month ago, one person brought me the Gigabyte Aorus 24.5. Completely brand new. Complained that after 3-4 hours of sitting in front of this 240 Hz monitor, he's starting to hurt my eyes and there's some discomfort. Well lady. Hooked it up to 1080 Ti, kerf FRAPS to test in game. Playing Witcher somewhere 2 hours and then cut the power. Everywhere is dark, but in front of my eyes like some sort of flicker.....
There is such a thing coefficient of pulsation of the luminous flux. To morochte your head off technical problems will not. Let me just say that when you work/game monitor/TV, coefficient of the pulsations of light (by the way cheap kitaiskie LED and fluorescent lamps this sin!), exactly like illumination of the matrix monitor, should not privyshat the rate of 5% !!! The benefit at hand was the light meter, one of whose functions is to measure the pulsations. When power resumed, I turned the white background on the monitor, turned off all the lights and measured. Coefficient ripple was 93%, which is significantly more than the maximum permissible limits. There was a very tricky defect. At the highest setting of brightness and contrast, ripple did not exceed 1%. But it was at least slightly reduce these values as the value has increased many times over. The monitor was in warranty, it was replaced. Ripple in the new, even when the values of the bright/IBAS only 5 / 5 does not exceed 2,3 %.
That's just how you measure.... Not every light meter measures the coefficient of pulsations. And the device itself is not cheap. Googled here the Russian markets, so to speak. You are the most affordable with good features is radex lupin... is 5000, outrageously simple to use. In the end, if finances allow, to buy. In life the thing you need. And the lighting in the room to check, and the matrix tablet/smartphone/laptop/monitor/TV ;)

PS
Ryazancev ;) if you read this, plus another fact in your piggy Bank NOT IN FAVOR of GNILOPYAT. :D .... To release from the factory Monique with problem Simcoe highlight this.... it is necessary somehow it is veeeery hard!

R
Ryazancev 03.10.19

airstormКруто.
See, this Monique function Flicker Free (as understood from the description on the Dell website).
And the ripple check reduce brightness and flicker with a pencil in front of the screen. If there is a storyboard from the pencil, there is a surge.
The device thing is not mandatory for such cases.

n
neperenosimyy 03.10.19

airstorm
no extra money ))) at us in the country rules that's it. salary grow, people richer ))) say on TV )) So no extra money )) But thanks for the info.
Ryazancev grateful to you both for your detailed answers to help.
tried pencil in front of the screen to pooltest. like how smooth it looks. Clear boundaries only at the extreme top and extreme bottom point.in the middle evenly. While trying to configure, then be sure to write what happened in the end.

a
airstorm 03.10.19

Ryazancev
Well Globalmouse KD25F was Flicker Free. Dell office more serious, but they could screw it up.
I once a long pair of tweezers was used as a tuning fork before Monica/Telecom. If started to swim the waves of the guard :D.
But the device we have spread. The tolerances on ripple rigidly enforced. If, God forbid what the store will sell a lamp with a surge above 15%, the problems they have, and even what. Unfortunately, with the market smartphone bad things. In the country fall Chinese soundevice it is unclear for which countries((( sometimes KP fills up to 100% of the maximum brightness.

a
airstorm 03.10.19

unbearable
Good to play on your new monitor, and ... take care of eyesight ;)
By the way, method pencil on which you wrote above Ryazancev, you can try ;)

M
MunchkiN 616 03.10.19

you can try to attach to this monitor a couple of night Lam at the edges and use with additional top conventional light closed the curtains on the Windows, peck-peck
but I am more inclined that the case of the color distortion with viewing angle and uneven illumination of the screen if this strong contrast
as for the refresh rate is a myth from the times of CRT monitors. they believed that high scan soft is good and 60герц as the light bulb is evil and a headache and explode Peck the eyes.
do not exclude however that there may occur a individual effect with the ripple in smooth transition from one color to another (e.g. from red to blue) if the led backlight as it resonates with the switching speed of a pixel
if so how would peck, and you may have to manually set a slow screen refresh rate is 60 or even 30 Hz (or a multiple of the monitor 75-45 somewhere). fps though in this case too, will not be above this value and how would be a bunch of these 144герц