3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yariko.v 08.04.20 11:09 pm

Physical copy of the game vs digital which is better?

Full physical copy of the game is not just a set of bytes at the railway...
+ It is a subject that will not disappear from the virus or worn rail
+ You can always install the game from physical media, even on a computer without Internet (!a complete physical copy - without the need for remote activation and patcharawalai)
- The possible loss of physical copies as a consequence of mechanical damage and other factors

Digital copy...
+ Do not take up space in the closet
+ The game is stored on the server store, where you can install
- Shop theoretically could cover and the account can be(locked until 2038)or stolen by a virus that can lead to complete loss Igor
14 Comments
Sort by:
v
vftor 08.04.20

The physical copy is more reliable with redundancy across multiple media.

M
MunchkiN 616 08.04.20

by and large, can be divided into two categories. one with a remote activation method different from the offline
respectively, which can activate and play without Internet has the advantage of being available as long as there is a device capable of reproducing a carrier and run through.
the rest of the game such benefits do not have and losing access to them will happen upon termination of the service keys and service service or account.
some games (most) can stay installed forever but it takes space on disk and require to support the equipment on which they filled in the state meet the launch and operation of programnogo security.
purely physical medium has the advantage of speed of installation ezhili of course not services and Internet services exceeding in speed the speed of the drive.
physically the media as pravelo more expensive digital tinsel and some content does not exist in any other way except digital which results in difficulty offline install games from physical media

so he wins repak from hotabycha with all patches and DLS peck-peck

s
saa0891 08.04.20

yariko.v wrote:
You can always install the game from physical media, even on a computer without Internet
When we weren't widespread digital services,it was, but now it is very no longer working,because in any case, the game dokachivaet executable and patches.

y
yariko.v 08.04.20

saa0891 wrote:
When it was so,but now it is very no longer working,because in any case, the game dokachivaet executable and patches.
If the game is something dokachivaet it can be called neinache as incomplete physical copy, therefore in the category of completely physical copies of the game misses. (Thanks for the comment, question updated)

10 years ago I bought Oblivion on the faces. of the disc. Here is an example of a fully physical copies, included - set - play.
Also examples of complete physical copies have various Repack with sewn on patches and activation.

s
saa0891 08.04.20

yariko.v wrote:
If the game is something dokachivaet it can be called neinache as incomplete physical copy, began life in the category of completely physical copies of the game misses.
10 years ago I bought Oblivion on the faces. of the disc. Here is an example of a fully physical copies, included - set - play.
And what sense then to discuss it if it has long not true.

D
Denis Kyokushin 08.04.20

yariko.v
We are not allowed to do that.Imported used games entirely on physical media,I would only and take.But since the game hit the missing content,physical media disappear.But for old games disks are still relevant.For example,for the same Stalker with mods
Some resources,like GOG,provide the ability to download backups.They can be written to disk

y
yariko.v 08.04.20

saa0891 wrote:
And what sense then to discuss it if it has long not true.
The same meaning how to write comments in irrelevant issues.

I agree, as it is not sad, but now games often come out dead and play them without installing a bunch of patches masochism, so to release a game on physical media is almost meaningless. Probably just before the game did better, and now more of a fuss about selling the loot chests. That's partly why, following the modern fashion, physical media has lost its former appeal. But, it is a problem not physical media, and game development in General.
(Well, maybe in the future games on physical media will become popular again. After the movie and the music is still to sell CDs.)

s
saa0891 08.04.20

yariko.v wrote:
The same meaning how to write comments in irrelevant issues.
My comment explains not the relevance,if you don't see the point then it's your problem.

yariko.v wrote:
(Well, maybe in the future games on physical media will become popular again. After the movie and the music is still to sell CDs.)
What's the point,just in the future most likely, it's all going to die,because the speed of the Internet and digital services all this will displace at all.

M
Madevi 08.04.20

I prefer physical copies, but only those games that for me are a collector's value. The rest of our time drives good no almost.

D
Denis Kyokushin 08.04.20

yariko.v
Probably just before the game did better, and now more of a fuss about selling the loot chests.
Before and patches are pumped separately.
In principle,this can be done now to give the choice to users,even if the game pieces sell.But freedom in the choice.GOG is the exception with the Witcher 3

y
yariko.v 08.04.20

saa0891 wrote:
just in the future most likely, it's all going to die,because the speed of the Internet and digital services all this will displace quite
So. Survive that there will be more to meet the needs. Maybe that's why movies, books, music hasn't fully gone online. Because it is convenient.

v
vftor 08.04.20

You all live one day. Here posshibat satellites, you will be high-speed Internet.

s
saa0891 08.04.20

yariko.v wrote:
So. Survive that there will be more to meet the needs. Maybe that's why movies, books, music hasn't fully gone online. Because it is convenient.
Sense in the future to produce these physical media,when it would be expensive and inconvenient (I'm not talking about environmental aspects),terms of production,distribution and storage.

vftor wrote:
You all live one day. Here posshibat satellites, you will be high-speed Internet.
Russian man can only be the one who has something there, but not there, to be sure it was, but no — and to hell with him

v
vftor 08.04.20

saa0891
Therefore, it is better to err on a physical copy.