3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NightGameMassacre 25.04.20 09:30 pm

AAA games in exchange for high-quality \"indie\"

I had a question - what if one day games industriai completely stop creating the AAA-titles and disband the Studio, and in exchange, will sponsor small projects with budgets that meet the costs of development and advertising?

This is will lead to the revival of industry, the beginning of a new Golden age. Small budgets will not allow sozdatel empty open worlds and fill them grind quests. Small budgets will not allow to create simulation DLC. Finally, the small budgets will lead to the fact that the industry will leave all who used to spend huge amounts of money into the void.

In the end, we would have the new Deus ex, dishonored and hotline Miami, but it would not be grinding games in the open world.
5 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 25.04.20

what if movie maker stops to remove AAA blockbusters and small will sponsor more films and all festival movie budgets that meet the costs of development and advertising?
peck-peck?
Small budgets will not allow sozdatel empty open worlds and fill them grind quests.
small budgets just contribute to this. in General the philosophy of the different procedural generation is the manipulation of very poor content and presentation of its ratios in the combinations. the same dragonfall and nomarski every. where in fact so much content that it is impossible to get acquainted with the points of view of logic all sorts of adventure and quests.
then the game shads Mordor with its system of Menezes (it is in fact procedural generation) how would tou sort of appeared out of poverty and that the game was voluminous and interesting content.

so I was very skeptical to all atamu indie and sototh are determined by the term that is Indy. finally, the definition has no direct relationship to the budget and this is the term that it without a publisher. it appears from the side it looks like - is a developer and he comes - you want to patch the game such that dizdok in General and concept art document. and izdalya such explosions should be more. Boobs should be smaller. ut need to add elves to African Americans. gays have plenty to fix and a couple of transgender gash. and the gameplay was so dynamic. and our writer will PR Manager our. then all of this is consistent with additional staff run the offices. and in General, sit on a salary and chew silently sawing.
and indie as if such a hypothetical situation does not have publisher so has no obligations to him and may razbanivat about fighting Tits 5th dimension. and so it was possible to throw the ridge. however, the Studio may be in a common kind of corporate hierarchy, and every indie in General, that besides to stop being indie and hire any subcontractors.
and the bad how would tou example of that in most cases indie game will somehow zabagovan feces, will be simple enough for the yeast of modern technology and what such hi 80-90. or as BYU will not work at all. so I think that we will have many level games Chernobyl terrorist attack all but none as no encharter 5. which 12 out of 10.
the second style of all Deus ex and Shutov was dictated largely by certain technical limitations and it has spawned a fashion and some idea of the proper games. Coca extent the game on a classic console developed and exist as well as the direction and with the advent of new technologies at the time they appear EN masse povymerli. therefore, the stage of denial teksturkami 1998 has not passed and it is unlikely that in the near future will return a compact linear corridor games.
and technical limitations before that was terrible. I remember so pondered anilam 3M - and I rolled up to land in Atlas 4K if you so then there was 4 teksturki on 2K. to randomize is going to use map Atlas 4x4 sweep where will the mosses and rock of all sorts. procedurake them is going to combine something like cutting vesecky. normal mapping card will not use it instead of displacive mapping'm going to chop off the height difference to pull normals mathematically so that more texture samples. and Tama Christmas trees in front of the model and given texture and houses parallaxfree. and the Deus x human revolution remember the world of the dead and dull as the lisping scenery along the world like in GTA there to a crowd of thousands in the unity run and that they are on the cars in the tube and got there everybody was screaming and it used to beep and to feel the atmosphere cyberpunk.

l
legusor 25.04.20

it still exists today. the markets are different. they each other did not correlate.

r
requiemmm 25.04.20

If the publisher will begin to sponsor Indy in the world will not be indie:) who is the Publisher? The usurer. Gives money for a project to get a guaranteed profit. That means the publisher decides on which project to give money, and what not. If marketologi say fat uncle that pilot projects are not sold, it does not give them money to not to risk it. The circle is closed, because well, basically, extruded feed for the illiterate masses, he eventually gets the funding, so, for example, a game about cats, investigating the murder, Noir, does not see the light.

A
A.Soldier of Light 25.04.20

NightGameMassacre wrote:
Small budgets will not allow sozdatel empty open worlds and fill them grind quests
For example, it is obvious to you, but not me, so please explain why a small Studio would be unable to create and fill with content open worlds.
NightGameMassacre wrote:
simulation DLC
Simulate downloadable content? What is it like?
requiemmm wrote:
The circle is closed, because well, basically, extruded feed for the illiterate masses
Unfortunately, it is. Bad when creativity comes down to money... the Artist, being poor, could not afford to do (sometimes on zhto it takes time, searching for inspiration), and he goes to pay homage to major Studio work not by vocation, not their creative thought embodies, and what he ordered. Under capitalism, sometimes just to engage in genuine creativity.
I'm sure some would like to quit my job working for a major Studio that creates content for popcorn mass, but I can't, because finances do not allow. And who managed to do it, he just created his own little Studio, here's an indie game.
I think the world has enough a lot of talented people who, because of money issues (gotta make a living right now) can't achieve your potential as Creator...

N
NightGameMassacre 25.04.20

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
what if movie maker stops to remove AAA blockbusters and small will sponsor more films and all festival movie budgets that meet the costs of development and advertising?
So you know, Lionsgate for a long time and worked, and what was weird was successful.
requiemmm
They already sponsor. Years 15
A. Soldier of Light
Because of the small studios usually don't have enough hands that would create content in quantities suitable for the creation of an open world. In my experience I would say that even drawing sprites pixel town alone can take two years, but open world is not a city, it's a lot of locations.
Naturally there may be those who, instead games will release empty open world, but the game will not be competitive.
Simulator DLC this downloadable content is when you give small chunks of the game for the money, explaining it by the fact that the game is expensive, and budgets have to beat, etc.
A. Soldier of Light wrote:
I'm sure some would like to quit my job working for a major Studio that creates content for popcorn mass, but I can't, because finances do not allow.
Actually work on the game it is currently. All who fumbles perebiraetsya in the end, or in IT, either in banks or in the animation/film and advertising. The game is not Privolnoe lesson and never was.