3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AR3E 30.04.20 10:14 pm

You have turtles, bow and arrows

The arrow speed is 100 m/s.
Turtle speed - 10 km/h but they can speed up:

The distance between you and the turtle is 25 meters and the tortoise runs away from you. Deciding to destroy the unholy creation you begin to shoot her in the back, but despite your efforts, this animal continues to run from you in a straight line. Thus, the arrow reaches where the tortoise has only recently waved in your direction by the tail it cannot and is forced to fly further. The effective firing range does not exceed 40 metres and the maximum distance flight - 120m.

And now the question: how much do you want the turtle to prove that the arrow will never catch up with tortoise? Justify.

Original post blatantly copied from here.
20 Comments
Sort by:
b
bmw 7 e38 30.04.20

AR3E
But measuring speed is different... 100 m/s = 360 km/h. Here the question is not, will catch up if the arrow turtle, and about how much the arrow will catch up with it.

A
AndreyBatkovich 30.04.20

Timur Beresnev
sorcerer is a joke is based on the principle of division of segments: while the arrow will reach the place where the turtle was at the time of launch boom, turtle time run some distance and in this place will not... and so on to infinity.

b
bmw 7 e38 30.04.20

Andreabocelli
Understood. But we, the gamers, know that it is necessary to aim with anticipation

M
MunchkiN 616 30.04.20

turtle flies faster than I run

R
Rolemanser 30.04.20

To shoot a turtle from the bow, is the last century, it is certainly possible to tell in the armor, then the gun needs a manual or easel.

r
rPeBoJL 30.04.20

godless creation
it is the author himself obviously

R
Rikudo Nagashi 30.04.20

I can also accelerate, only moon-sugar it is necessary to Bang.
>how many turtles do you need to prove that the arrow will never catch up with tortoise?
Four. One to screw in a light bulb, and three others - to keep the stool. And here then the arrows? And jester, I've already accelerated.

W
Wing42 30.04.20

AR3E
Well, the question you have, comrade. There is one citizen from the comments above briefly explain to you philosophical joke about the Achilles, which never overtake the tortoise. And I strongly recommend you avoid reading similar resources as the one from which was taken this wondrous mystery.

A
AR3E 30.04.20

Wing42
Given the education and the heterogeneity of the local contingent, I would rather advise to the contrary. And the question is humorous and encourages creative brainstorming for fun. I myself did not initially take him seriously.

And turtle urge not to catch and kill with a bow. As mentioned above, mark the point where the turtle is at the moment, does not make sense. This is quite obvious because few people will do it. The arrow speed is static, in contrast to the speed of Achilles, addicted to the speed of a turtle and the speed of the turtle, as it was in the original.

By sabzh. I personally took the basis of that one arrow will have one turtle, and extrapolated from that. Then next is the miscalculation of how long it takes to recharge, the stretch of a bowstring and the flight arrow. That's when you can count how many turtles will need Legolas, before the one will go from a maximum distance of an arrow's flight. It didn't say what the turtle needs to go.

W
Wing42 30.04.20

AR3E
Waste turtles.

A
AR3E 30.04.20

Wing42
But how much soup will be.

m
masha 30.04.20

The arrow flies in the turtle, finds a turtle and flies farther? What is it like?

r
requiemmm 30.04.20

And we have turtles thickness of two meters or Archer-Thumbelina. In other cases, the arrow breaks either on the carapace or on the asphalt.
In General the Archer will go hungry, because the first turtle will flee from him. Two seconds and all...but stop, miles per hour. Yes, no, run away. The angle between the boom and a sharp shell will ricochet and scratch. The second arrow after about 5 seconds, the angle slightly dumber...the third arrow, dumber, from what the times will strike, but the Archer will not hit the turtle.

z
zdrastE 30.04.20

requiemmm wrote:
The angle between the boom and a sharp shell will ricochet and scratch.
be patient and this thing maul a person to death

M
Mag Otshelnik 30.04.20

Who needs turtles when you can crush kittens....

K
Kovboy belomor 30.04.20

Cheburator Cannibals kittens perhaps the soup is not tasty.

R
Rolemanser 30.04.20

Cheburator Cannibal
Love the cakes with the kittens?

t
the endless misanthropy o 30.04.20

ping, it was only peiying

R
RikoChiko 30.04.20

What are you up to the turtles dug it?!

L
Le Gaspilleur 30.04.20

Turtle speed - 10 km/h but they can accelerate
again veiled drugs, but with a clear price tag)