3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aivar242 10.05.20 10:58 am

Light Freezes when playing on PC (Dark Souls 3)

The game was released for a long time and everything seems not bad on PC, but now while playing, sometimes it skips light - no more than 1 sec. friezes - fading. I can not understand what is the reason?
Iron modern gaming. Opera really 8Gb. It is not clear what could be the reason? Perhaps the game itself.
26 Comments
Sort by:
R
RGC 10.05.20

Some have this problem even on powerful hardware, I don't know what is the reason

L
Lelik Bobik 10.05.20

RGC
This is due to shitty optimization.

a
aivar242 10.05.20

RGC - Yes, I'm talking about. The game I have is stable at 60fps, but sometimes be something like tearing on 1sec.
There are suspicions on the HDD. I have it old, 2007. It is possible that bad padget, swap, and read with a delay. It would be good if someone with the game on the SSD gave the answer - as it is frieze works?

R
RGC 10.05.20

Lelik Bobby
Well, most people have no problems, so overall the game has good optimization

A
AT_Sagor 10.05.20

Alternatively, you can check for freezes in offline mode. So as, perhaps, the game makes constant requests to the server.

D
Ded MastDay 10.05.20

aivar242
Also 8 GB RAM, game is on SSD. On the previous version too had been sometimes microfreeze, but with the latest update, lo, they are gone and the game runs smoothly and comfortably on a high. It may of course not only the last patch, so after this I also updated the video driver to the latest version and task Manager was appointed the game priority to above average.
UPD. And I increased the page file to 12 GB.

k
kpowkaZzip 10.05.20

Had a similar case, in the settings of nvidia control why was physx on the CPU, put on the graphics card, the Frisians seen was no more, although it may be just a coincidence and has helped regular restart of the game.

D
Daidjer 10.05.20

kpowkaZzip
And I is automatic. But it is advisable, in our time, to have 16 GB of RAM. The fact that at least 2.5 GB goes to the system. I have 16 GB out of 3.5 GB.

D
Ded MastDay 10.05.20

Daidjer
This should excuse the expression, to foul up the system so much she ate? I have Win7x64 eats from 900 MB to 1 GB, not more.

D
Daidjer 10.05.20

Svetoslav
In what sense is litter? Scineram every day. Clean the registry from previously used programs, software date, app date, roaming, temp and prefetching folder every day. ))) Here's my Manager, show your.

D
Ded MastDay 10.05.20

Daidjer
I don't know how much he eats ten, but seven is a lot, so some apps running in the background.

k
kpowkaZzip 10.05.20

Daidjer
all the same, 16 GB, 3.5 GB eats the system from the applications running only steam)

D
Daidjer 10.05.20

kpowkaZzip
Well, I'm about the same. At the computer monitor. Though all unnecessary services and processes disabled. Any excess of the prog, but the games do not install. )

D
Ded MastDay 10.05.20

kpowkaZzip
Steam is not a lot of eating, but running chrome voracious and eats up 1 gig and higher, but you're not playing at the same time running a browser. I'm talking about the testimony of memory usage in task Manager, idle.
Spoiler
In the screenshot, the drop is I closed chrome.
Running Stim and rolled chrome -1,78
Daidjer
You have on the screen 62 of the process. I don't know how many I have in 2 times less.

Z
Zaychik 10.05.20

aivar242
Try it on the SSD to reinstall the game.

D
Daidjer 10.05.20

So I rebooted the comp., and start Yandex looked Manager. Received. )))

Maybe some prog load. Casper, defend yourself against the likes of the tracking system.
But part of the process.

D
Ded MastDay 10.05.20

Daidjer
It's gonna be alright =), hike in the pure system as it should be. I just set up their own system to achieve this result. If I had 16 Gigs, too, would not bother.
Daidjer wrote:
Maybe some prog load. Casper, defend yourself against the likes of the tracking system.
That's for sure, I have no antiviruses, occasionally just using scanners AdwCleaner, JRT and DrWed Cureit on my experience it is much more efficient.

Author, sorry for offtopic.

D
Daidjer 10.05.20

Svetoslav
I also like tons of all sorts of services to turn off (of course on the cheat sheet from the Internet), then I thought, well, it nafig. )))
Oh, by the way. As I tried it on the crib to set the NVidia control panel, so following these recommendations I have in games GP temperature increased by 10 degrees (in Foul 4 from 50 to 60). Fuck all dropped, and everything became as it should.)))

D
Ded MastDay 10.05.20

Daidjer
Yes, crib crib hatred, if not understanding, it is possible to screw it up. I'm just doing this for more than 15 years.

a
aivar242 10.05.20

Spoilers note: - the Windows 7 eats - 1.1 GB Opera on average in IDLE. Windows 10 eats: 1.3 GB Opera on average in IDLE. The fact that the 10-ka has more of the process Manager itself. This is not surprising, if we recall all sorts of crap, like Cortana, the Tablet come with GUI, Xbox Store, Weather, Maps, Store, and a bunch of other stuff. At each service, we need a separate process. He sit on a 10 since its release and you know what they say.
If offtopic, hide under the spoiler...
In General, I agree with the dude above who said it's in the RAM. Most likely it is. 8Gb today, to games is not enough. The dude who said that probably appeals to the server, can also be right.

Else noticed this crap in the game as the second hard stop as the Wind decides that it is not in use. The joke is that he installed the game.) I play a hard game hop and stops. Most importantly, why do Windows spontaneously switches to power-saving mode itself includes off hard after some time - is not clear.