3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
we get what we deserve 15.05.20 12:30 pm

The Roman Empire

This great superpower like the Soviet Union in the twentieth century. How do you like this ancient Kingdom? What would happen if it did? Let's discuss it.
84 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zloy Duh Yambuya 15.05.20

Well...that would be what would happen...and it would be the following. You would be a slave in chains. and as famous tendencies of the Roman governors...Local vicar is gay, every night would you...so there you go=))

-
-Kerten- 15.05.20

Dear, You history book for once opened?

w
we get what we deserve 15.05.20

The Evil Spirit Of Yambuya
I do not think, slavery became serfdom in Europe, would be in Rome.

w

-Kerten-
Yes, something wrong? Rome was founded after the death of Caesar, when he ceased to exist, the Roman Republic. So as Rome lasted until 395 years until it broke up into two States. One of which was the Eastern Roman Empire, who lived until 1453, it was replaced by the Ottoman Empire.

-
-Kerten- 15.05.20

Not so. What side is the Roman Empire similar to the Soviet Union. And I don't mean territory.

Z
Zloy Duh Yambuya 15.05.20

Any state based on the lust for power...intrigue, envy and the like crap - is doomed.

w

-Kerten-
And technology, the strength of the soldiers the influence.
Well for example Greece independent.

E
ELRASTA 15.05.20

GhostFun99
What other force of warriors? The Romans won due to the backwardness of other Nations in the development of the East only through their wealth gave them back, and tribes of barbarians was too much, in the end, and pushed the Empire

w

As a holistic power, he would not be able to live up to, but now the Byzantine Republic would be accurate.

ELRASTA
Carthage, remember? And the fact that they crushed the tribes have demonstrated the strength of their warriors.

I
Infiltrator 15.05.20

Not more than an interesting part of world history.

G
GIGA-cBuH 15.05.20

I stopped myself intelligent, but I will say one thing !
with the king: the people praised the kings who loved them, and no one tried to resist him, not because he could not !
during the Soviet era, people have become equal, but one that began to look askance at the government. not dolyublival her complained, though not openly, despite the fact that have to have much more than the king! ( we are talking about mere mortals)
under capitalism: the nation was not United, because they are not equal. don't like the President and deputies. always and everywhere see the hype, do not believe in the words of the President.
CONCLUSION : people began to change, but it is not how much they have, but the fact that someone sets up the people against the government. then of course I know who but won't say so as everyone knows ! people do not succumb to provocations against the country's leader, it's all the traitors who were not Russian ! remember, spies is still not extinct !

E
ELRASTA 15.05.20

GhostFun99
The strong beat the weak, that is the power?

S
Sayonara 15.05.20

Rome would not exist for so long.
Not split at the beginning of our era, has collapsed 100-300 years later. Empire thousands of years do not exist.

Would be better if the Byzantine Empire survived, in a rather powerful form.
Not the Turks capture Constantinople, the story today could be quite different.

x
xCyberpunKx 15.05.20

A nice time was...

B
Bus97 15.05.20

There's a lot written...... But personally, I believe that the Roman Empire happened here as. When the knights in the Crusades considerably enriched (as our business during the looting of Russia), found a cozy corner on the Bank of the warm sea. Dofiga money, so he built himself all the palaces. And fun as they could, the money was missing. And their children too, and grandchildren.... And Latin was invented to make it easier to communicate there. And Gladiator fights - it's just a mock battle, nothing more. Idleness invented philosophy and other mischief. Time galore. Until satiated, what's in the barrels began to live.
No wonder it was called the Holy Roman German nation. And was not so long ago, not BC, that's for sure. And in the years 1200-1500. After all, even the terrible wrote that he is descended from the Roman emperors. And why there, and there only preserved monuments? The Colosseum is the same. This is after the earthquake in 563, when literally everything was destroyed, and the columns as a member of 20 years standing, not falling. Strange somehow... Again the frescoes in Pompeii, which was destroyed allegedly in the 1st century, too, the modern ones! Or our boys with spray cans there until the archaeologists managed to visit?

A
A.Soldier of Light 15.05.20

The evil Spirit of Yambuya wrote:
You would be a slave in chains. and as famous tendencies of the Roman governors...Local vicar is gay, every night would you...so there you go=))
Or he could be a Governor and to have slaves ) Everything is possible.

helisenpai wrote:
What would happen if it did?
It would be left, if all went well, as we have seen in history. Slavery also recognized the wrong, but because in the best case, the Roman Empire could only exist until the 20th century. It would be ruined by sanctions or military invasion ), However, the second happened during the Second World...
You know, you can't just simulate the Roman Empire in our time. Have to simulate the whole of Europe at least, to understand what are the relations between the two countries. And then suddenly drew a Empire just like Rome in the midst of Europe in our time, right? No, of course, nonsense ) the Question of what if requires consideration of not only Italy but also the rest of Europe.
A good topic for a dissertation ^_^

PS
About age of the Empire and dates is an open question. It is believed that the Roman Empire actually came years later in a thousand than she gives (I believe in it, because the official history of defective)...

W
Wing42 15.05.20

Bus97
Are you writing stories to the Russian movie?

R
Ruyder 15.05.20

A. Soldier of Light
It is believed that the Roman Empire actually appeared years later on a thousand
Into?
It is interesting to read about this, actually.

A
A.Soldier of Light 15.05.20

The ruidera wrote:
It is interesting to read about this, actually.
You see what you get, at least for the beginning of the same school teachers of history ;] Some of the teachers really know what it was then, and not just official read books, to get the opportunity to work in school as a history teacher. Some of them are real historians and know their stuff... I'm not saying that a history teacher at school (funny right?) will replace you search for information on the subject, but you can start with them, it's easier (probably, but you know better)...

B
Bus97 15.05.20

You need to remember that the world never forgets. If one invented something, it becomes the property of all. It's the law. And to think that the Romans knew how and then forgot and it never was able to repeat for centuries, is just silly. Without exception, all discoveries and inventions become the property of other States. As if this secret was guarded.