3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mityai 12.10.19 03:46 pm

Arx Fatalis 2 (Arx Fatalis)

Dear!
I decided to create this thread for discussing this game!!!!
I read on one of the local sites that the development of the game goes to full power!! The game is scheduled for late 2006 and early 2007!! The game will be concocted on the engine Half-Life 2. (Source)
It certainly can delight, but maybe not! You can look at the game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - this game was also built on this engine!!! You can see that the developers have not used the whole power of this engine!!! Let's wait and hope!!!

Your notes and suggestions!!!!
108 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lich 12.10.19

As it is not used all the features? Yes, VM:B to look in certain places(locations?) even better than Half life 2. Not you can only see this if the computer is retarded, the game itself in eyes did not see, or from thee pirates (There are videos desecrated).
As for Arx Fatalis 2, looking forward to it. I don't know about the super-modern graphics, but the gameplay definitely needs to be crazy. I want the screens to look and at least some information from the developers.
Arx Forever

m
mityai 12.10.19

to Lich

Nothing special, especially locations better than in the 2nd half, I didn't see!!!! And computer I have a powerful!!!!

m
mityai 12.10.19

People!!! Do not be silent!!!! Leave your messages!!!!

m
mityai 12.10.19

Arx Fatalis 2

Some of the details of the new part:

The second part will unfold in the past, when the population Arx'a still lived on the surface

Have the opportunity to study a second school of magic

Decided to balance the interestingness of the passage of a warrior, thief, and magician, resulting in the game will be more Action and Stealth elements

Dialogs now branching

Simplified system characteristics, with the result that they will lie in the range of 1-5

The skill of opening locks and backstab will be a duplex, but for the first will apply the scale of bad/good, and for the second there is/there are

Added a lot of combat skills, above backstab is one of them

The character's appearance will change depending on develop skills

The physics engine will be improved due to the redesigned interaction with objects from destructible materials.

Some more material out with it!!!!

m
mityai 12.10.19

HERE IS SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!

Arx Fatalis: an Interview with the chief designer on July 17, 2002 18:52
Developer: Arkane Studios
Publisher: Jowood
Platform: PCCDROM
Genre: RPG (Role Playing Game - role-playing game)
The tentative date for the next release: 27 Sep 2002
Download a demonstration version of the game, you can: GamesWeb, Official Site, 4Players, 3DGamers, Avault

- Please, introduce yourself and imagine Arkane Studios.

My name is Raphael Colantonio, Arkane Studios I lead and are also the main designer of Arx Fatalis. Our company was created three years ago specifically for a project Arx Fatalis - we first wanted to release a technology demo, then sign a contract with a publisher and hire more people.

- What projects have you worked previously and your team members? What projects are used to Arkane Studios?

- Before the advent of Arkane Studios many of us already had considerable experience in the gaming industry. I will not allow the individual summary, but some of us had to work on Exstatica, Fifa Soccer, Spyro the dragon, the smurfs, Alone in the Dark, Messiah, Sacrifice, Beasts and Bumbkins, Dark light... as for Arkane Studios, it is our first game.

- How did you get the idea to make Arx Fatalis?

- Since I was eleven and I played my first Ultima (at the time of the Apple 2), I always wanted to be a part of that world. Later, when I managed to get into the industry, I began seriously thinking about the creation of games like Ultima Underworld, since then this game surprised me with its perfection. Unfortunately, the company I was working, didn't want to risk with the launch of such a project - sports games were easier to make and easier to sell. Later, I changed jobs, but here the idea of creating new games was not inspired by the authorities. Me nanoscale dissatisfaction and by accident I met people who shared my dream of creating this great role-playing first-person game, and together we decided to found Arkane Studios.

- Do you think you will be able to implement all that you have in mind?

Not all, but most. We would like to include in the game shortchanging the shadows in real time, but tests showed that it would take too much time. I would like to see more spells, but 50 is not so bad. In addition, many ideas have emerged already in the process of working on the game and we have included in the game almost all of them, in addition to the main schedule of works, so Arx Fatalis will not suffer from incompleteness (thanks to our publishers!)

- But some of the features of the game do you like most about yourself? The system of drawing spells or control scheme all-in-one?

- When we first saw the system cast magic, we were all amazed, we knew it turned out something completely unique, but personally I like the scenario and the universe: we spent long hours meeting and discussing every detail of the world, trying to make the story and the universe is absolutely real.

- What distinguishes your game from other RPG games?

First, what is different Arx Fatalis - view of the world from the first person. This has a very strong effect on the gameplay, it's not just the camera mode, but rather a way of immersion in the world, the way a firm connection between player and character.
It seems to me that Arx Fatalis is the first role-playing game where the player will have such freedom of movement. We have implemented not only all the ordinary movements, but also those special moves that are used frequently in first person shooters (strafing, running, jumping, strelba archery, fighting in real time) or spy games (switch to silent mode, ability to hide in the shadows to throw objects to attract the attention of NPCs..). In addition, we also focused our attention on such things as the atmosphere and deep world (the past and the behavior of NPCs, locations that have reasons for being where they are connected among themselves world), added a few frightening elements, created many ways to play and a huge number of side quests and tied it all with a global scenario that unfolds as the game progresses so that you will constantly think about what's going on, but Uzana the truth only at the very end. And according to this, we hope to provide players with a completely unique effect of immersion in our universe.

- What engine will you use in the game?

Engine we have your written by our programmers from scratch.

- Did you meet some special challenges in the development process? Did something fun?

- The most difficult, perhaps, was to create technology on the fly, in parallel with the game: on the one hand you can adjust the engine to suit your needs to improvise, adding good ideas that were not in the original plan, but as for the rest, it is a nightmare: create the script insert, even when there is no scripting language to consider distances without the possibility to test the map until it leaves the beta version to work with the editor that is loaded fifteen minutes just because the format is still undecided. Another interesting point was this fact: having decided to increase the speed of the game, we added in the engine work with portals: and this change has happened in the beta. We had to add portals to all the cards and again test them and all this for two weeks. It's a miracle - usually, it takes three months.

- Approximately how many quests and side quests will be in the game and how much time it will take for the player to first time pass Arx Fatalis? How much the game will be individual NPC?

- Time to completion depends on the player, I would say that bathromo experienced players will need about 50 hours to get to the end, given that he hasn't fulfilled podkasty and you will not find all the secrets. The game is about 50 NPC, that is, those for which we had written their dialogues, race, past and so on...

- The German version is ready, when to wait for international?

- It will be released in September, the full, uncensored version.

- Clearly and directly - plans for Arx Fatalis 2 or add-on to Arx Fatalis?

- Yes, we definitely want to release something in the style of Arx, but while we have no specific business plans.

m
mityai 12.10.19

to Sqal; pres777; White_shark; Chirlick; Vitos; Random Rambler; ALEX DINE; panda666.

DO NOT YOU WONDER TO KNOW THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GAME????
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON IT, PUT IT HERE!!!!

I LISTED THOSE IN the LAST TIME (a month) CAME TO the FORUM ARX FATALIS!!!!!

LET'S BE FUN!!!!!

p
pres777 12.10.19

Thank you for the info. If I che thread will lay out. :)

m
mityai 12.10.19

to pres777

At least someone responded!!!!!
Of course spread as much as possible!!!!
There is information in German, but will not spread!!!! It makes no sense, and page I, mine has already been deleted!!!

PS.
I'll be waiting!!!!

m
mityai 12.10.19

Not a lot, like already posted!!!!

Arx Fatalis 2 with the skin on Half Life2?

The company Arkane Studios, known as the Creator of the extraordinary role of the project Arx Fatalis, has received a license to operate such a popular in the hacker community game on the Source engine.

m
mityai 12.10.19

HERE'S ANOTHER!!!!

A little information about the second part is very good, dungeon RPG. The game will be shown at E3 behind closed doors to selected journalists. To date, about the game, little is known.
- the game will focus on hidden movement and sudden fights. That will make the game more interesting for the passing thief or warrior
- will be added a lot of combat skills
- kick back for the thieves will take the form of skills - physical model will really interact with objects around you.
- the promise of shadows in real-time and excellent lighting

m
mityai 12.10.19

Arx Fatalis 2 - to be!

Officially confirmed the fact of development of a sequel to a good RPG Arx Fatalis, which was called Arx Fatalis 2. Working on him now the team Arkane Studios, whose leadership, in fact, made that statement. The details and peculiarities of the particular one does not apply, we only know that the main character in both parts is the same and that the second part will not only have underground cities to wander, but also on the surface to get out. The release date is also not disclosed.

p
pres777 12.10.19

There is no climb on. In principle, all of this is that you found. Nothing new. Rumors, gossip, promises. :) Maybe later che will appear.

m
mityai 12.10.19

to pres777

Nothing!!!!!!
I also laziyu on the Internet, but find nothing new, only what is already posted!!!!!!
Wait, maybe that's what is new!!!!

v
vitos 12.10.19

into there you can see MNU they ARX-sa thank God for the third year ,and ischo not opredilit when will vydadut Evo into the light finally.May Claudia and Misha nadeiatsa to continue.

V
Vermin_ 12.10.19

Nice that anrode increased.
Not alone so here I am a fan of this wonderful game.
Keep it up brothers!

m
mityai 12.10.19

to Darkman

And you then what is modernization????

v
vitos 12.10.19

In the network appeared the next portion of information about the continuation of a very interesting RPG Arx Fatalis: the Last Bastion. This project initially met with a cool gaming world, still found its fans, but because the developers Arcane Studios had nothing left as to get behind the development continue. However, the sequel to Arx Fatalis 2 is difficult to call, because despite the number 2 in the title, we get a prequel, the effect of which will unfold over several years before the events described in the first part. In the game the player will again have to deal with the main character Am Shegar and hold it through a lot of adventures not only in the underground city of the ARKS, but on the surface the suffering of the world game - Ecsasty. In the new part of the developers decided to tweak the balance in favor of the professions of the soldier and the thief (who, by the way, will have two scales of war – Yes/no and good/bad), making the slope under a sudden attack on the enemy. Mages have nothing to be offended – at their disposal comes one full school of magic in addition to magic sisters Eternium. The number of skills will increase as well, but the pump can only be those that fall under your chosen profession. I also want to mention the long-awaited opportunity to control the dialogue at the level of a certain set of sentences is independent of the video clips that underlie the first part.
Naturally, such a candy can not do without a beautiful wrapper, but because the developers have not stinted on the engine not so long ago thundered shooter Half Life 2. In this perspective, as something special is to believe in the promises of the developers to show supergraphic megaregulation and physics, eclipsing the rest of the game projects. In addition, we promise that the appearance of the main character will change depending on the chosen profession. How will this be implemented in practice is not clear.
Well, let's wait for the next revelations developers.

m
mityai 12.10.19

to vitos

Go, although I have read it, but, mine did not spread!!!

V
Vermin_ 12.10.19

No.
Previously, if there's one person - and that feat.
Now, the people added.At least I'll have someone to talk to.

http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php all the news comes first here

m
mityai 12.10.19

to Darkman

From this site, about Arx Fatalis 2, I only found this.

If still there in their native Russian, then write!!!!