3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
The Walking Dan 20.05.20 10:44 am

Gallium (Rome: Total War)

pix.PlayGround.ru

And who played for Gauls?
59 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nariman.E 20.05.20

See loved RTV Celt.

K
Kelt 20.05.20

already 5 years not removed from your hard))) No no, Yes and play))) In)

K
Kelt 20.05.20

An update of the theme)

P
Pehotinec 20.05.20

One of the hardest factions in my opinion:
1) the Territory is scattered. At least initially, generally and States that "our army is shaken by the ground on the March", the whole immense Gallic Homeland to shake they don't – too many enemies from several directions: clearly Julia (and other wop) and the Britons, almost certainly Spaniards, and later the Germans (usually in Alliance with the Britons).
2) There is a very dangerous enemy, the Britons. Their chariots and numerical superiority under pressure (less than pasteka they don't go). Saves or defense in cities (which I do not advise), or an immediate seizure and subsequent retention Samarobriva (original brythonic settlement on the continent) powerful group – then you will need to replenish it to the full stack. This group will remain the task of covering of Alesia (capital) from possible attack by the Germans. The second threat in the direction of Italy. Fortunately, Julia initially large armies is not formed, and for the defense of the initial troops in this theater is more than enough. Task – to seize and hold one of the two Julii cities (I do not remember as is called, but not capital, for their capital to stand up a powerful army of the Senate). To fight back from Julio, and then Brutus, but that's easy. The same army, receiving reinforcements, will have to take Segesta ("back door" in Gaelic territory) and later to cover the Po valley (direction "Mediolan - Patavium") from the invading Romans. 3/4 stack would be enough. Now Spain. The disorderly enemy. The moral of the troops is low, attacked small detachments piecemeal. Expansion in the whole Iberian Peninsula would not recommend – very expensive. Enough not to let the Spaniards through the Pyrenees. For this to hold numantia cast down their jailer and take a small town to the North of it. Soon the Spaniards from the South will be pressed Carthage, will be easier. The latter is usually attacked by Germany. Long enough to avoid clashes, but still they attack. Two of the most "germanophilic" direction – Alesia from the East and from the North Patavium (if the last direction of the Germans "will overcome" ducky – attacked them).
In short, too few troops, too many enemies, too many holes. I don't know where the damn thing will fly, in the first quarter of the game, you can blow the Empire because two or three bad moves. For "smooth" passage is restarting frequently.
3) Starting troops it seemed to me rather weak. Yes, there will be then chosen swordsmen, forest robinhood and all other Lafayette, but the fate of the nation will decide not them. The first 20-30 moves, the most difficult period, have to run swordsmen-spearmen. No archers, javelinmen very uncomfortable. Fighting hand-to-meat that is in constant need of replenishment requires a lot of money. Moreover, the low morale of the lancers, named for the victory give the numerical superiority and the General with the boatswain whistle.
4) Economy... in fact, good. Develop agriculture, comrades! In addition to the money, it is also the urban growth is so necessary to six thousand, when it starts hiring all archers and other "elected".
5) write Here on the forum about the riots in the relocation and ineffective churches. I do not agree. Before the riots far, and how to suppress them, we know. And the money and the growth of cities is needed now. And the temple eating good for margins – the sanctuary of ECUSA (or whatever it is) – gives a bonus of contentment of the population by two parameters.
In General, this interesting, the "meat" fraction. Advise those who prefer frequent battles and the constant redeployment of troops quiet development.

T
TDI 20.05.20

Still the churches are very weak, and somewhere over the course of 30... riots so sick sho Nimes save.

M
Modest Myatnyy 20.05.20

Infantryman
Expansion in the whole Iberian Peninsula would not recommend – very expensive. Enough not to let the Spaniards through the Pyrenees.

The first task is to reduce the number of fronts. The principle is the same as in Germany, which is in the center of Europe - as a consequence, in case of war, forced to fight on two fronts (see the First and Second world). Hence the Schlieffen plan - blitzkrieg - speedy defeat of France and further planned action on the Eastern front.
The same principle in the case of Gaul: in the East, initially only defense; the main effort - capture the Iberian Peninsula. That's when this is done, you will not have to fight a war on ten fronts and constant redeployment of troops will not be needed.

T
Thief_of_Time 20.05.20

All for Brutto play to begin other campaign, do not reach the hands (I want the world to capture a little bit left). But in the North of Europe, my troops is not much different from Gali, especially in a period when there were still barbarians. Solid mercenaries and rarely where you will meet a Legionnaire.
The first clashes with the Gauls debunked my theory of lightning war, when pastrami swoops of cavalry I swept one and all. Especially pleasing to their archers, who for some weird reason, cheerfully shred light cavalry (other then racing). Berserkers are fun too guys, sorry I couldn't push with them their best connection in the field. And in the assault of the settlements they used to be pretty decent Kotz my army, stupidly dropping several people off the wall. Definitely next time for the Gauls will begin.

P
Pehotinec 20.05.20

Modest Mint
In General I agree. Each has its own style of fighting, I usually maximally increase the economy, so playing as a Gaul, captured Roman cities (well, maybe, pile up 1-2 German town), then Rome itself, and only after that dominates Europe. Iberia, as I recall at the Numidian and Carthaginian campaigns, very vastuvotja, it is not very profitable (but the Korduba, of course, a tasty morsel). Developed the strategy for the 4th with the Gauls.

M
Modest Myatnyy 20.05.20

Ehhhh!!!
Well you people are???
Not to flame you XD

Each has its own style to fight
yeah, the CE fact
so recommend-not recommend, but everyone is his own master

a
asd1977 20.05.20

Infantryman
Not so bad in Halle.
Cities have a lot of the army budget, the finest swordsmen and cavalry appear good quickly.
Here's my scenario campaign over the Gauls.
1. Army of the Narbonne-Martina and Alessia attacks two rebelsky nearest city (Lugdunum and Masilia mine).
2. The army led by the heir of a faction in Northern Italy to attack the Julii. 10 course their fraction is typically crushed.
3. In Alessia formed shock army to contain the assault of the Britons and Germans.
4. The challenge for the Pyrenees - defense.
5. Can capture 2 rebelsky cities in Illyria.

The result is the Empire of 10-12 provinces. Next have to fend off all. But as soon as we get to select Mechnikov things will go a lot easier.

D
Dyadyushka_Lis 20.05.20

Brave leaders of the Gali clan, please tell me why the heck we need all the Gali infantry except selected swordsmen?
This refers to non-throwers.
Well, let's say, the druids still clear, there is the moral side of the question.
Well dogs too clear. It's all special units.
But those same spearmen? More expensive to contain and combat performance is worse. Only because of their keep or what?
Thought they due to the copies though against cavalry would be a bonus, I looked in the file, their parameters, too, nifiga...
About the usual swordsmen and fanatics and say nothing.
Ie, they are needed only at the stage when there are few swordsmen and only, or is there some sort of application?

S
Sarmat007 20.05.20

Played in a very long time, if not more than a year ago...Played for the Gauls it was seems to be so =)) : I podaril the British,Germans and Spaniards,captured the whole Roman in , went to the remaining Numidians ( that is Africa in addition to the Egyptians crippled),captured almost all of the Balkans and then intones gone

D
Dyadyushka_Lis 20.05.20

Sarmat007
Well, nothing, my friend, nothing. I'm just now a huge satisfact received, defeating his army army of two Armenians (one attacked, the other in the reinforcements come). It was interesting with their cataractae and archers-cataractae to understand, with the support of foreign players. And with the Egyptians it was interesting to war. And with the Seleucids it was not easy, especially to take the city, where a 2-3 squad elephants. By the way, none of the elephants didn't freak out, and this is when the Gali-then the archers with fire!!! One dead elephant, by the way, I crushed my General :(

T
Torerych 20.05.20

qq all. the forum is still alive?
actually joke, Gauls and aggressive Senate.
once again decided to play RTV, downloaded gold edishen, play for the Greeks and Gauls, VH/H.
satisfied with blitzkrieg Romans, in the first couple of years stand Julio, and continue to move at the boot, the Senate left for a divorce so to speak, but in General the plan was parcelite it to somewhere in England or Spain. and here you your settlement was bribed. well, you never know, it happens, but what would the Senate O_O
in the end, for a couple of years, these purple radishes bribed 3 Segesta, arrazi and erimin.
already wondering how far he is in his conquest of this move.

D
Dyadyushka_Lis 20.05.20

Played for the Greeks. Gallic chosen swordsmen quite decent sounding hoplites. Right in the forehead. Not to win - I have all phalanx pumped until at least the silver weapons/armor and 3 bronze stripes - but sword fighting erupt. Here's the fanatics, such as those killed on the spears.

n
nikipaki 20.05.20

Gallium 4 strongest factions.3 Germany 2 Egypt 1.Rome.But if you inject Gallic infantry to the max. Then all the factions will fall before her)))

D
Dyadyushka_Lis 20.05.20

nikipaki
Wow, first time see the most appropriate assessment of the strength of factions.
Unfortunately, even pumped to the max Gallic infantry is the decisive force of the Gauls. For there are forest hunters.
Yes, and merges some of the infantry of other factions. For example, the same Julia-Brutus-Scipii. Or Germany.

G
Galbatoriks 20.05.20

Guys, what's the problem? Gallium fraction is quite interesting. On all sides are enemies, but the barbarians can unite against Rome. Important economy, economy and economy. It is the basis of everything.

B
Batya28 20.05.20

Galbatorix
BGG. Remember to send in the campaigns of the legions to the barbarians, so against my entire Alliance Germany-Britain-Gaul assembled in a few moves. Now he also played for Gauls, so neither the Germans nor Britons did not have Affairs. Here is AI.