3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sepulcher 27.05.20 10:22 pm

Card with PCI-E x16 3.0 and a motherboard with 2.0 - how to be?

Good time of day.

Going to replace my Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti (2gb) on a Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti (GAMING-4GD, 4gb) and increase the RAM from 8 to 16GB.

The problem is that I have a relatively old motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-P61A-D3 (Rev. 2.0), which has PCI-E x16 version 2.0. But the GTX 1050 Ti requires 3.0.

On the Internet I found out that the card with USB 3.0 compatible with 2.0, but with possible performance loss. I would like to understand how significant this loss is in my case. Is it worth to buy this card to upgrade the motherboard (which means I have not enough)? Thank you.

In the end, will leave the General characteristics of the PC, just.
CPU: Intel Core i5 3550 3.30 GHz, 3.70 GHz
Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti (2gb)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P61A-D3 (Rev. 2.0)
RAM: 8 GB (soon to be 16)
Win7, 64-bit.
34 Comments
Sort by:
d
darkpromo 27.05.20

For this some and the 2.0 is enough, no loss of productivity

i
iKapusha 27.05.20

Take a stand as a mother. next question? the same as to worry that your piston tight in the cylinder and you will have performance loss

D
DAZZDRANAGON 27.05.20

Sepulcher
Patch to work with PCI Express 3.0 https://goo.gl/1Zgxbl . And do not worry, and 2.0 the difference you won't notice ! Buy without thinking

l
legusor 27.05.20

there will be no losses, all the beam.

K
Kuya71 27.05.20

Sepulcher
I got this to replace the 640.Mother Gigabyte g 965,everything is OK,normal flight.

S
Sepulcher 27.05.20

Thank you all for your answers. Still decided to purchase. In the next few days put, and then describes about the performance.

S
Sepulcher 27.05.20

So, here are the results.

Put 1050 Ti and 16 gigs of RAM instead of the old 8. The computer hangs as soon as a window of BIOS. Tried to solve this problem for two days, tried all possible options - nothing helped. Only in some cases, the condition the BIOS was replaced by a black screen. That's the whole progress.

I started to think, what's the matter. The lack of capacity of the power supply? Problems with the motherboard?

While the thought tried to combine different variations of the build: new map + old RAM, the new card + 1 unit 8GB new RAM, etc. Helped only one option - the old card + new RAM. I mean now I sit with the old GTX 560 Ti and the fresh Kingston 16GB.

It turns out it is the video card. She works, apparently, regularly - the food goes, coolers work. Because I come to only one conclusion - not enough power supply. Although he is on a decent 600 watt. What do you think, can change the situation of power supply in the 800 watt?

w
warwar556 27.05.20

Sepulcher
For your config is 600 watts enough for the eyes, put none in another PC. If the plow means in the motherboard business, and of course in this case helps method of sorting in the presence of another system unit

H
Huskarl Krstk 27.05.20

Sepulcher
driver prowess -_-
will not help take down Windu

w
warwar556 27.05.20

You may also see errors driver stopped responding, etc.

w
warwar556 27.05.20

Huskarl Krstc
great advice, will hurt your eyes-treat your foot. you know what he has in the BIOS the computer hangs?

S
Sepulcher 27.05.20

warwar556
Sorry, nowhere else to check. Because you need to make one decision, and that it was correct.

The motherboard itself has long been deprecated, so maybe it is really her.

w
warwar556 27.05.20

Sepulcher
met a bunch of old motherboards, most of them after the upgrade have lived very long, the most striking example sold dude gtx titan, he came to me , put him in the comp, all prevail and he left after 15 minutes came home inserted, turned on, the motherboard began to smoke and Hello)

K
Kirlusha 27.05.20

warwar556
I mean, do you think gtx titan burned motherboard?

I
IMMOLATOR 27.05.20

Sepulcher
Something you confused. On the manufacturer's website says that the mother of a PCI 3.0:

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
(The PCI Express x16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)

http://www.gigabyte.ru/products/page/mb/ga-p61a-d3rev_20/specs/

Good luck.

S
Sepulcher 27.05.20

IMMOLATOR
Yes, I have seen, thank you. Now other problems arise.

warwar556
If the graphics cards I still somehow understand, then it becomes difficult. Of course I can my next paycheck to buy a new motherboard, but how would they know it whether the problem (although modern motherboard somehow does not hurt).

I
IMMOLATOR 27.05.20

Sepulcher
Dump the BIOS.
Disconnect from the PSU and remove the battery for 10 mins Then a few (3-10) reboots the mother has recognized the new memory and video. Should help, if all the hardware working.

New video is a extra power connector? maybe you forgot to connect, this happens...

S
SergeiEgorov 27.05.20

lots of options can be in trouble.himself to old mother put on 950.motherboard 775 else.everything works perfectly.although it's not every day you sit from the computer.maybe with more load will come out of the problem.while there is no all smoothly.when changed in General no problems arose like a glove..if not a secret what model 1050?

S
Sepulcher 27.05.20

IMMOLATOR
Dumped. It did not help. On the graphics card one power connector.

SergeiYar
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti GAMING-4D

B
BloodRayT 27.05.20

My mother also only supports 2.0, but I stood 650ti 2gb it too 3.0 and nothing normal flight. Now I bought a MSI GTX 1050 Ti GAMING-4D 4gb and put in multicard (not SLI) so do all games goes well with plane 60 frames without a subsidence in all heavy games 3 days of the test.