3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Immunis 02.06.20 06:27 pm

The choice of SSD for laptop

Select the SSD for your laptop. There are some questions that can prompt or help you to choose the drive. Whether it is necessary to consider the compatibility of the disk and the laptop or any other features, or just a drive to put ? Maybe there are specific models for laptops?
Budget about 11, 000. Interested in the drive to 512 GB.
82 Comments
Sort by:
J
Ju St 02.06.20

1.it is necessary to consider the interfaces that you have in laptop)
2.Often, this M. 2? but if the antediluvian laptop, it may not be)
But I return the question, why do you need 512GB? For the complete replacement of hard or just fat besites?

I
Immunis 02.06.20

I write music on his laptop, so I need good speed of read/write and volume SSD.
Looked in Internete recommend under the laptop Plextor PX-512S2C. The ratio performance /cost is fine with me. How they on quality, worth taking?

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 02.06.20

Immunis
I have a Plextor PX-256M5P PRO. Good thing he once was, or the second, or third place on the fastest drives. It guarantee 5 years hours MTBF of 2400000 hours in The best was from Samsung, now I do not watch, do not know. If you choose, it is necessary to watch him closely. It is the same warranty of 5 years.
Most importantly see to it the laptop got, it seems the difference in thickness, the rest is the same, although the thickness of the HDD for the laptop starts with a 7 mm SSD - for it is the standard thickness, then problems should not be, if anything, it will just be thinner than the HDD, well, support SATA should be SATA 3.
How to identify SATA notebook https://forum-ru.msi.com/index.php?topic=83418.0
Any thing can now be purchased for reviews. So, open the DNS page (to remove unnecessary or rating), or market ( the same, the highest estimate), and forward comments and feedback to chase. How many of them were not acquired never made a mistake.
I looked at the number of hours MTBF and warranty. Secondary, this is speed. And you can look at the tests and tables. You can even, with tests to begin.
And finally, on the SSD needs to be sufficient volume in any case, it is not necessary to score the eyeballs.

m
ministr-s 02.06.20

Ju St wrote:
why do you need 512 GB
for me it is an excellent volume, if the dude track that brings a lot of material to take less only if you take together with the outside, and if the budget allows why not

J
Ju St 02.06.20

VOVAN WOLF
A great choice)
ministr-s
Why external? In my understanding, it is optimal to use with hard, not instead of it) Then you can save on the amount of SSD)

I
Immunis 02.06.20

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
PX-256M5P PRO
it seems to me that the PX-256M5P PRO is already outdated. Reviews on it of course good, but all of the signature gadgets from Plextor does not stand up (like PlexNitro,PlexTurbo), and I would like. They are installed with 6 line.

R
Raykor 02.06.20

Immunis
Don't you think that PX-256M5P PRO really is outdated, and now you can buy a much faster SSD from the same Plextora, though much cheaper, for example S2C

I
Immunis 02.06.20

Raykor wrote:
the drive from the same Plextora, though much cheaper, for example S2C
Yes, I too watch this on S2C. The only thing that confuses this SSD new, although the reviews about it are already worthy a related tihu appear. Yes, and a decent warranty period, and this means that the manufacturer is confident about the quality.

J
Ju St 02.06.20

As I understand it, this novelty differs from the already known models M7V in the main controller. Silicon Motion is used instead of the usual Marvell

I
Immunis 02.06.20

Ju St wrote:
Silicon Motion is used instead of the usual Marvell
And between them there is printsipilnye the difference? I think these controllers are about the same quality, just to Marvell all privily and he is more hyped.

m
ministr-s 02.06.20

Ju St wrote:
optimal use TOGETHER with a hard
not every laptop can ssd with the hard to stick at the same time, and therefore with the outside.
Immunis wrote:
Yes, I too watch this on S2C
I now hike to the top of the ssd have much money to spend makes no sense.

M
Mizrael78 02.06.20

ministr-s wrote:
I now hike to the top of the ssd have much money to spend makes no sense.
Top somehow considered drives MLC memory. Although these drives as S2C, implemented in TLC memory, predict a very bright future and the very broad scope of users)

A
Allinos 02.06.20

Mizrael78
The recent trend is the release of a large number of drives with TLC memory, if I understand the resource they have is very large, and for normal operation behind a home PC, a drive will last for many years.

R
Raykor 02.06.20

If not swing on the drive is always a torrent file, it really will last for a long time, and Plextor S2C is now one of the best options in our market

A
Allinos 02.06.20

Raykor
Yeah people buying a level of iron in the most part adequate, and will not do not understand anything. On my ssd is Windows and all programs, as this is the second year perfect.

R
Raykor 02.06.20

For the most part, but not all people know not to swing fanatically torrents on the ssd, and my ssd are on all computers and laptops at home and in the office and I even can't imagine now how I worked without them

I
Immunis 02.06.20

Well I'm downloading on the laptop is rarely with torrents, unless urgently needed something, so on this subject not worried.
Now in General trends in the field of SSD out constantly. Went to the Plextor website to read about S2C, and a bit stunned, has already appeared compact external SSD.

A
Allinos 02.06.20

I understand you about them:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10852/plextor-launches-ex1-usb-c-external-ssd-up-to-550-mbs-512-gb-and-ldpc
Impressive how small the dimensions

I
Immunis 02.06.20

Yes, about them, Plextor EX1. The size is really impressive, a little more lighter! Suitable for laptop and tablet on Android. I would like an overview of our guys to look, but not yet found on the Internet. Interesting the cost, I don't think like a wing from the plane))

A
Allinos 02.06.20

Yes, the main thing that the USB was, or use an adapter. By the way I have in any case to connect via cable, on the one hand not the most comfortable solution, but a guarantee that the output is not accidentally broken by negligence, I do so with a regular flash drive was.