3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20 08:09 pm

Overclocking the video card.

Good day, dear friends. There is a small question that I would like to ask you.
Features:
СпойлерGigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 (mini itx)
AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz (4.08), (Vishera)
Kingston 8192 Mb DDR3 PC-10700 (667MHz)
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU Mini 2Gb
Scraps, you know, but still...
After purchase, the video card, kept stability in the o overclocking...
Spoiler...no BSOD of and perestavali driver. Game not crashes and artifacts have not been seen never. Sometimes, allowed to play and when...
Spoiler...but not more than a couple of hours. At times, the temperature reached 85 degrees. The whole thing stopped somewhere during the time of the Witcher 3. And ever since, clocking up...
Spoiler...alas, to lift does not work - game crashes with errors, but at least no BSOD. Temperature at 100%, raised the maximum to 85 degrees, as with any other acceleration.

Acceleration is very modest, but believe me - in a cruel batches BF1, should be +85 and in some places this saves me from podlahoviny or adds a couple frames to 30 frames on average, it is nice, but the flight and that's it... +105 sense to test there, and +65 smoothly. But previously, pursued to +85, the bitch is so...
What's still funny? Why it became so?
25 Comments
Sort by:
G
Georgiy Timoshin 08.06.20

When was the last time maintenance was performed ,to change the thermal paste and clean from dust?

K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20

George Timoshin
Consistently clean, once a week somewhere. Once changed the thermal paste (KPT-8).

G

After updating the drivers , there may be some changes in the settings

E
Edvins 08.06.20

Has anyone encountered overclocking video cards in SLI? I have two GTX-680 4GB. How can I do that?

G

Edvins
dispersal probably need to make the firmware of both cards

K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20

George Timoshin
In! Exactly what I thought after the latest update driver. But what exactly, I couldn't remember. Pairwise sensitive - pure reset a couple of times more than the old, but to no avail. And what about parameters is it? And can be something to do with the situation?
Edvins
Individually each seems to be during that will drive better that would be the only one standing. People write on the Internet that often overclocking on SLI fragile and fraught...

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 08.06.20

Edvins
In SLI the temperature is so high, especially the top. I have gtx 670 mi on top always was more.
Accelerates every app on the. Usually, they are chosen, for example, in Asus GPU Tweak you can choose a specific graphics card. In MSI Afterburner there is a fad - Synchronize settings same GPU stood by default.

KazymirZyba
KPT-8 best thermal compound. Strange, it has good reviews, BUT still suggest MX - 2 or MX-4. It's better. Can KPT-8 and was once good, but now it is and forgery.

G

KazymirZyba
This is not due to the fact that the wood is crooked stood up in the wood so prescribed

K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20

George Timoshin
That is - to let go and move on? =)
All the same, thank you for your attention.

G

KazymirZyba
I have an old AMD 5770 ,so not faced with such a situation.
there is a solution to return old fire wood

F
Fei Fong 08.06.20

8 CBT for overclocking.. clever.. so toothpaste still apply. Rock Grizzly or Arctic мх4 but again, the Arctic is not particularly praised. try using that where there is more conductivity. 8 is desirable.
KPT praise students. which shit they let them smear and will scream that shit better.. KPT has never been a standard.. yelling that CCP is cool. this mouflon which are surplus percent... It's cheap. resistance and change is everywhere, even in laptops. in the services. it dries in a couple of months below 80%.. I personally dismantled the iron after KPT. the crystals were almost dry from KPT. except that around the crystal etayo canoe been. single marketing. Yes, even cool pasta tipo Arctic fake..

K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20

Fei Fong
Right. One of the students wasn't listening. I enjoyed and CCP and MX-4. KPT-drying, and the MX, in turn, follows in two to three weeks of a percent under load. And know that the staff that CBT that MX - conductivity approximately equal and the temperature influence will be mostly the cooling system that you need to look more closely. The question thermal paste, only in its durability, and then, as the saying goes, of two evils...

G

Fei Fong
shit, not shit thermal paste , if the person watching it all , that there is practically no difference , or expensive to change or cheap every 3 months. the latter is more gemoroyno)))

F
Fei Fong 08.06.20

Don't know.. personally Handed the laptop the stove in service. smeared KPT. so, when Prots turbo boost left. just under 98% degrees for a couple of minutes.
I bought a Zalman стг2 4.1 .. Almost as it was. but longer at 5 minutes the temp was up.. eventually with stand is tolerated.. but when I disassembled the laptop after the service. I saw that it is a perversion to apply thermal paste.. it was just something.. after this, I now change myself.. Bought Arctic мх4 8.5. So rate fell fell from 5% and holding well.. your almost 3 months playing almost every day under 79-82-83 of gradusov. and properties are not lost. that's when percent changed to another and looked like she behaved. I say it's all right was not a hint of leaking or drying.. everything is fine.. so what is there depends on what you will buy. as procne)) and as cause. not a little not a lot. and that would be a tight fit it was radika or item.. so ordered a grizzly at 11.. we'll see. on tests she leads above мх4...All spread out the thermal pad from the liquid metal.. so read about it.. So here you can argue as much as necessary. I'm in day 3-4 times causing the thermal paste changed in different ways. and I want to say. not until you check and do not pereprobyval. Fig understand che Yes..

K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20

Fei Fong
And to argue that there is nothing.

M
MunchkiN 616 08.06.20

most likely the card is degrading or what is there in the drivers
field voltage rise is not inevitable, and I for example produces 3870й Radeon
and what thermal paste to the Ming was what kind of alsis-3 Ali 5 or couple of similar name. I zhyrno smeared, when after 5 years, tore has discovered that there are all oxidized but it was wet. and on the cards spawn thermocouple did not change or disassemble them so peck.Edvins
what is there to disperse if
in the same program as in the cap threads, you can select each card individually. thus each card and overclock to about the same frequency.

V
Vinni-Pukh 08.06.20

KazymirZyba
Try to roll back on the driver where the work is 85+, if not, I congratulate) you degranol map naprugi
Overheating and stuff is nonsense, pure water, who writes this nonsense, the acceleration at all flogs. If you were overheating, the card would dump frequencies.

K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20

Dismantled baby, cleaned, changed the paste. Shot to hell body. Temperature the same. +85 BF1 - 1 hour for normal flight.
Vinni-Pukh
I doubt that. But everything is possible. And degradation, something hurts bespontovaya and the temperature has not increased, and artifacts appeared.

LAN, thank you all for the advice. I'm very impressed on. =)

V
Vinni-Pukh 08.06.20

KazymirZyba
KazymirZyba wrote:
and the temperature has not increased, and artifacts appeared.
And what's the temperature ? Lol. You have some transistors covered, before which provided 85+, now the chip can only be 65+, over time, if not to slow down the voltage will be 15+, and then even in the flow map to function properly will not be able

K
KazymirZyba 08.06.20

Vinni-Pukh
Degradation so the degradation. Nothing can be done, if so. Still going to squeeze out of the card max.