3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
skaarj 09.06.20 03:31 pm

What are your impressions of the Unreal (Unreal)

Unreal will live forever!!! And how do you play?
100 Comments
Sort by:
U
UnrealMan 09.06.20

2 MaGrig
Animation - wooden soldiers and it is after the release of UT2003
You probably already any thread stupid reviews I have been reading, there is often a write. Skeletal animation there is at a normal level and made the movements of the characters look very realistic. In any case, at the time of the release of this game.

No atmospherics nor the second mission, not in future ones not yet in sight
Atmospheric, just is. And maps are designed well, exciting enough to take in the atmosphere of the game.

The movement speed of the player deliberately
slowed down to make it harder to play
Not only for this. The speed was also slowed down in order to bring more realistic physics, because the main character moves in a heavy spacesuit, which jumps Ala UT2003 absolutely impossible.

The plot is very simple, I agree with that and said so. But this lack of most shooters.

S
Syzygy 09.06.20

UnrealMan
Yeah, you have to compare with the atmosphere of the first U. by the Way, why are they called the game U2? no connection with the original. Card sucks, the invisible walls in certain areas falls to the ground, small, monotonous. About monsters generally keep quiet. One type of monsters on a mission(which is stupid to exhaustion). Brad, who just developed.
physics there - all weed. And this is after the release of UT2003. Not fit in the head.
the story is a complete nonsense. who invented it? Hand tear. Where scarce? Where Is Nali? Where On the Pali ,at the end of it all?!!!!! The story in U1 was also simple, but does it affect the game?
Music... after what I heard in U1(by the way, I listen all the time, especially Valor temple like) to write THIS? Who wrote this? Ears tear, along with tongue and hands.

U
UnrealMan 09.06.20

Syzygy

Card sucks, the invisible walls in certain areas falls to the ground
Something I do not recall those moments. Where have you failed and where you saw invisible walls? I've been playing, maybe forgot something.

Where scarce?
You Skarga U2 have not seen? Sorry, friend, but have you vision checked? And who said that U2 are required to be Nali and other thugs? It's not a sequel, and (E)pic before the release of U2 are not promised any continuation of the story. Is DUM3 is the sequel to the first two parts? No. But this does not prevent him to be called so.

With music agree. ATSTOY.
By the way, developed more honed your engine, than tried to make an interesting story. The same thing happened with UT2003.

S
Syzygy 09.06.20

I seem to recall. At almost all levels there are. Just beat a few missions in 1 nevidimye in the desert, at the base itself in the last mission. Was provalilas through the floor in the mission on a living planet.
And made this otstoy to the player did not climb to where the script is not registered. It's a kick to see the road and not be able to get through it. See the desert, and it is impossible for her to walk.

Skaarj in U2 only the first and last missions. When in the original, a lot of them everywhere.
U2 are bound to be characters and familiar places. This Anriel. What for they call it that if there's NO connection with U1??? Just call it Awakening.

About the story have said, in U1 it easier, but more interesting, a lot remains unsolved, and how this is presented...
Remember even if the Temple of the Goddess of rain,na Pali haven and the rest. One atmosphere were able to achieve without a plot. Where's the plot? Yes no it. BUT the atmosphere of the ancient temple, deserted city, the heavenly city, etc. and just levels, wild the feeling of loneliness and senselessness of the events.

U
UnrealMan 09.06.20

Hell knows, I never failed, maybe you have the game disc is lame. Just remembered there were a couple of places where my textures were gone and the walls were gone. There are a couple of schools, but under the ground, I never failed.
Now I understand what you mean by invisible walls :) But it is clear, we need somehow to restrict player movement within a level, but of course failed.

Scarce not only in the first and last missions, they can be found on other levels.

The atmosphere, compared to U1 is weak, but I have no regrets about that was U2. Unlikely (E)pic will be able to repeat the success of the first Aquila.

S
Syzygy 09.06.20

about restriction of movement - it could come up with something. Lava pour, chasms to draw, poisonous seas, rocks, etc. In the first invented.
By the way, where you still Skarga found? I looked around anymore.

Atmosphere compared to U1 no. There are certainly interesting findings, but very few of them(the sole topic is the protection of base - the most interesting levels). The graphics are quite for the time.
Nothing more.
If you go back to pervoistoki, you can . After all, U2 did not Epic, and legend.

A
A.Soldier of Light 09.06.20

2 Syzygy
Music... after what I heard in U1(by the way, I listen all the time, especially the temple like Valor),
+1! The music in the first part of super!! In General, the best music I have ever heard.

And made this otstoy to the player did not climb to where the script is not registered. It's a kick to see the road and not be able to get through it. See the desert, and it is impossible for her to walk.
- Yes, it happens in other games... it's stupid and unrealistic.
For example, here in front of you is a fence. Such on the map occur multiple times. Through all you can get, special. Although the differences no. Nonsense?... nonsense.

2 Unrealman
You Skarga U2 have not seen? Sorry, friend, but have you vision checked? And who said that U2 are required to be Nali and other thugs? It's not a sequel, and (E)pic before the release of U2 are not promised any continuation of the story. Is DUM3 is the sequel to the first two parts? No. But this does not prevent him to be called so.
+1, this is a completely separate story. As the second Quake (compared to first).

But it is clear, we need somehow to restrict player movement within a level, but of course failed.
- I agree, very unfortunate. The guide to creating maps in Quake2 (this is also a shooter, so you can compare the principle of the genre) it was clearly written that it is recommended to close the access somewhere so that it looked realistic and logical. For example, the perimeter of the base Strogg - solid high laser fence. We can't climb it, go through - death. Blow up - not powerful enough for this purpose weapons. All real.

U
UnrealMan 09.06.20

Scardi is 1, 2, the last mission is exactly. In my opinion, they are still in some sort of mission, can not remember now.

About restrictions of movement on the map agree in U1 such defects are not met. And in U2 these deficiencies are not so much. There are high walls, mountains, precipices, etc. constraints to go beyond the level.

In General, we can make a conclusion, Y1 is one of the most successful projects in the world of shooters, which became a classic of the Action genre. U2 - trying to create a masterpiece that is not crowned with success. But I still love U2, and the end of the game when the ship Atlantis was shot down, I finally almost to tears not touched :))

S
Syzygy 09.06.20

As promised-the promised... I am ashamed to even remember.

By the way, Yes, I'm up to the last moment hoping that Atlantis will survive, or at least someone will be saved. Sorry, were killed. However, to Have it always - it's all about loneliness.

By the way, liked the mission where you have to hold out until Isaac repaired the ship. The most difficult. Yes, and howthe Ban has helped, it's a joke.
-Press the button. Not THAT one!
NotBanned, please don't help!

- I read the manual, we will lose the service...
Super.

G
Gibberio 09.06.20

Hmm... It was, without exaggeration, a brilliant game. But only really sorry that she's so unpopular now, in contrast to almost modern quake 2 and the first Half. It is clear that some tears of emotion" and nostalgia is not to help the mastodon, but this is the only means to alleviate our fate =).

S
Syzygy 09.06.20

Well, why not? If I was not curve hands, and I a little bit know how to draw, it would be possible to try to move U1 to the new engine. Here in the Bonus pack to УТ2004 have a level done in the style of U1. Super. New graphics, but the atmosphere is the same! Operation na Pali did...
By sabzh: experience the most that neither eat pleasant. Open spaces rule. Valor temple forever. Na Pali haven forever. ISV Kran - horror.

E
Electric Wizard 09.06.20

Unreаl1 not popular:a)because it is incredibly difficult to find,I passed it first time in 2001, it was given to some friends at work,then stupidly deleted it,and began to wait for a masterpiece of all time,I thought unreаl2,and then severe disappointment and I started to look for the first part,hereinafter the same Kochanoff cut me unreаl1 and now I'm keeping it on multiple discs. 2)the next generation accustomed to the total linear believes U1 too confusing,4 fork for them too,so I told them .The thief did not give,has stuck in training. Admittedly in the linearity of the shooter is to blame one of my favorite fps-Hаlf-life 3)difficulty in running on modern hardware,softvare mode poor, директ3-d doesn't work for me,remains open-gl

B
Bezumesko 09.06.20

anril super! when I first was very surprised when Skaarj pretended to be dead)) I in any game ever seen!

S
Skaary 09.06.20

Yes, it is a gesture especially in a dark room

T
Tsotsi 09.06.20

ANRIL WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BLAH BLAH UBER-MEGO-GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I BLAH NAH TSUKO TASCHYUS BLAH TSUKA NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PIGGIE THIS IGRULI NOT SEEN BLAH TSUKO TRIES IN VEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSUKO NO MAGICIAN SPAKOINA IGRAD IN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK PARARAM-BOOM-BADASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Bezumesko 09.06.20

)))well, I'm not so impressed, but not far from it))

S
Skaary 09.06.20

OOO, at least there are normal people there...

N
Night Hound 09.06.20

ANYWAYS! Everyone who I taschitsa for Acrylam - RESPECT!
This game is the best! Mouzon affigenno! Count-the bomb (for 1998)! And vaasche respect Enrile more of a Stalker! It's a shame th Unreal3 will not.

F
Filim0n 09.06.20

Unreal played for the first time only in 2008 and now it's my favorite game in spite of halva, stalkers and so on. The only negative (maybe I'm wrong) is that sometimes the graphics in Quake 2 seems better, for example, very beautiful 3D explosions in Quake 2 (what I wrote just about quake not pay attention, it's just a thought).

v
vitaliy igorevich 09.06.20

I have an old version 1999 a small but cool http://narod.ru/disk/16173305000/SetupRus.EXE.html
copy to the clipboard then in the dowload stick and shake