3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Oazaki 14.06.20 09:44 pm

What kind of voice do You prefer ? (Final Fantasy 15)

Before the release of Final Fantasy 15 is very long. In consequence of that a question arises: what kind of voice will players prefer? Japanese or English?
PS for those in the pot: Softklab officially act as a localization game in Russia. The game will have Russian subtitles.
13 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sigma214 14.06.20

Watching someone that. You can slash Japanese voice acting with English sabami (though that's not practical, one eye to read the subs, and the second to look at the screen). You can enable English voiceovers.

I
Ivasik 14.06.20

Oazaki
What's the fucking difference if the game will be (not) Russian subtitles ?

00 Otvazhnyy moryachok 14.06.20

All these games must be fully translated into Russian.

W
WinChester 14.06.20

Oazaki
I would prefer the Russian voice acting (at least once to hear finalku in Russian) ,and of two evils chose the Japanese (for nefig beautiful Japanese I game ,listen to the pagan English)

O
Oazaki 14.06.20

0000Ptasha
I don't think it would be logical to translate Russian to Japanese games. Especially Final Fantasy.
I think that is a good thing that Recently started to act as a localization game in Russia and translate at least the subtitles.

A
Almer_Iscariot 14.06.20

For this kind of games Russian voice out of place, the subtitle is more than enough. About a choice between Japanese or English, I think is better to wait for both versions and compare the quality.

m
moon94 14.06.20

It seems to me that it makes no sense to ask such questions.
1) to Each his own, as the saying goes;
2)In principle, English voice at a very good level. Quibbles yet( I watched almost all the trailers, because I can say so);
3)I Agree, these games makes no sense to announce in Russian, because a lot of the text and characters that need voice, too much, and even the slightest errors in the translation of the promise the loss of meaning of certain things in games. Bloodborne, for example. There is a literal translation (descriptions of objects, for example) with the Japanese carries more meaning than the English professional.
4) the translation of sabow in this game, I think they will be easy to read, not like in GTA or mafia 3. In finalke have a car, but it can be put on the machine and read the conversations of the characters without problems. And if he sit behind the wheel, the game will not allow the things that they have in these games. Well, almost)) moreover, a large part of the conversation in this game takes place in cutscenes. So just a translation of sabow without translation of the speech here won't be a problem.
I hope I clarified a lot of things)

A
Aleksator 14.06.20

moon94
that is, the translations into English are completely great and perfect and not lost jokes and hints in Japanese, but is translated into Russian like all from getting worse? Yourself are not funny?

m
moon94 14.06.20

Alexfor
I have talked about the General problem of any translation. I even said that Bloodborne was a problem with translation. Do not pluck words out of context and do not invent. I haven't said a word about pseudohash Russian translation. I talked about the fact that due to the large quantity of text that should be read so that the semantic relationship with all the phrases and the meaning of the original is left, will bring a lot of problems.
Even in some of the trailers of "final fantasy" you can see that in some of the same points, in different trailers, the same phrase is translated in different ways.

A
Aleksator 14.06.20

moon94

m
moon94 14.06.20

Alexfor
By the way, I noted that WHILE no quibbles. This does not mean that they will not appear.

S
Shimuto 14.06.20

English

A
Anderby 14.06.20

As always the Japanese audio with English sabami. From the stereotyped voice-I'm bleeding from the ears.