3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Black.Card 17.06.20 02:32 pm

AMD RX 480 or AMD R9 390X ?

Hello! I still can not calm down in search of a suitable line cards for a gaming computer.

At least I have Monique's Full HD, and now looking to replace some AMD shnuju. I had HD7970 (more now have) a very good video card from AMD, but it has no pull, and play on minimum payout is not very desirable.

Therefore a question for the owners:
It is better now - rx 390 or 480?

As far as reading, 390x are very voracious and stove, well and plus there is 512 bits. And 480 much colder. But reviews are reviews, and the opinion-holders or experts is important.

And Yes, I can not decide if 480, what is nere to take? Like ASUS and MSI the best, but ASUS sympathetic hot...Well I would be grateful for tips!
48 Comments
Sort by:
B
Black.Card 17.06.20

MunchkiN 616
About the pros and cons of 1060 and 480:
8 GB of memory vs 6
Improved Dx 12 (although a lot about him I don't see Hitman, lark, kvantum - all)
480 bit depth from above.
The lack of SLI - it's disgusting to be honest from vidii...would sensitive more expensive card, but would leave SLI.

Embarrassing 192 bit green...But on the other hand with all these characteristics everywhere in the games wins 1060, sometimes even 10-15 FPS....So still I guess You all are right, games will be better Nvidia, and the price is about the same neratov 480 and 1060....

Except that the question is now - X ASUS Strix OC 6 GB or MSI GTX 1060 6GB? A little more expensive ASUS, but MSI twin 6, although I doubt the difference is they will be more than 5 degrees.....But ASUS overclocked more + lights funny...What would you recommend?

s
szhech konsolotu 17.06.20

Black.Card
I have a HIS R9-280X-3GB 7970 it is the former-even if the 5 hours drive under 100% load the temperature does not exceed 72 degrees. For games I got a Full brand stepper motors all new games go through without a problem configure the maximum-aliasing off and shadows on high 45 fps. The map has already experienced two generations of NVIDIA 670-770 Yu-Yu and even now everything works more than adequately in 45 frames. I will change it on XFX 480 GTR 8 Gb

B
Black.Card 17.06.20

burn consolato
I need someone of you to send it I guess...What I just did, and changed, and the cooler, and the radiator still heats up (both cards) and all...HZ what is wrong with them.

s

Black.Card
everywhere in the games wins 1060,
No, not everywhere-it looks so old games with DX 11 is better NVIDIA and DX 12 and AMD Volcano-480 plus just longer relevant-1060 and will swing as soon as the next model

B
Black.Card 17.06.20

burn consolato
So DX 12 too few games, a couple decent....

A very hard choice for me...And I want Vidyas and AMD...

M
MunchkiN 616 17.06.20

Bunny
I believe in the power of the 3D Markov and GPU benchmarks
roughly speaking takes a good benchmark GPU with complex shaders and about the conclusion about fps and the difference between the cards. after a certain number of years, the advantage is more Shader card will appear in real games about percentage of different benchmarks. however the graphics card goes below 30 fps and will penetrate the bottom by that time. most likely it will be something like 14 fps vs 11

s

Black.Card
Screen site the Overclockers review of your card-temperature test
Spoiler
http://www.overclockers.ua/video/amd-radeon-hd7970-msi-lightning/all/

s

Black.Card
So DX 12 too few games, only a couple of decent...
I said future-proofed 480 is preferable because I will take-here you'll see every game in ДХ12 will work better on AMD( the New tomb raider is the exception, and the only game where 1060 to ДХ12 fps higher)

Z
Zaychik 17.06.20

MunchkiN 616
That is, my conclusion is the same as yours - the tendency of decrease (the result of a smaller amount of video memory) at 1060 FPS have more dynamic..?

B
Black.Card 17.06.20

burn consolato
If the future is certainly better than 480, and if you take as I'm hoping then to sell it with hands for a good price, and buy more powerful, I think 1060 I think will be better...

B
Black.Card 17.06.20

Bunny
Yes, but you can add another 480 and norms (if not nakosyachat of wood under the cross), but you're the second 1060 does not add due to spitting and beastliness green with circumcision SLI.

s

Black.Card
The money is yours to decide!
Let's say I have no such problem-I'm just used to AMD (not a fanatic) use with 2000 cards ( Radeon 9200-128 MB my first map) and during this time, so used that is simply not present in the tray another icon( not the Crimson and NVIDIA for example)

M
MunchkiN 616 17.06.20

Bunny
I do not consider the amount of memory. if it be considered that there is a tendency that a larger amount of memory plays a role but not quite in terms of performance. but NVIDIA looked weird. there were maps where it seemed that the amount of redundant and he was not useful was the card where the memory is not enough. however, there were cards with a greater volume. but I consider the amount of memory only for opportunities multigpu systems. because with a small amount but sufficient performance with high probability there will be a stable fps and finally playable 30фпс. 1 chip irrespective of the volume does not have sufficient performance to how to use it and to have enough computing power. from this point of view, I think the best gaming solutions out of a possible SLI 4GB 680 or 770 reserve capacity which would be exhausted this year and struck the bottom. after 780ти 6GB SLI and the titans of course that will lose relevance in 1080p 30фпс at the beginning of next year. AMD have a choice about the same. all cards with 4GB and I consider irrelevant, but for what it is not full of graphnow 290 quite consistent long-term card provided that at the time it was better than the usual top of NVIDIA as 7970. at the moment, AMD has no cards to match the performance of the next generation. only if you take 2 cards.
and actually in an isolated performance affected by the characteristics of the chip. at NVIDIA as the Board architecture is that the frequency of the Shader above, and controllers therefore, in the easier task, it is ahead of AMD. the only problem is that the graphics are - a) evolving too slowly b) does not exist as pravelo physical applications for super high concurrency and work with vectors and matīši. b) will make the game most likely will be done by the fact that the market rasprostraneno and most of those on NVIDIA. therefore, the potential of AMD cards always remains unsolved plus it is obvious that its architecture is not as effective and this means that if the AMD card is 2 times better than some physically it is not necessarily faster. to compare them directly and sometimes different generations nizya
and the bus is finally the last thing I would smorel. bus is needed for high fps and high larseni. for very or ultra textures. in practice, the superiority of the tire will be visible only in some meager game where no mathematical raster unit of the GPU nor the CPU are not affected

Z
Zaychik 17.06.20

Black.Card
Thank you!
Honestly, cross the least of my worries :) I have one card to play longer...

S
Stailet 17.06.20

Black.Card
You're weird. You have a 980ti, top of the previous generation. Do you have HD 7970 3gb, is also quite decent graphics card for Full HD. And you come here and ask you what to buy, R9 or Polaris. You're a card collector that is, or you have a dad in Gazprom work?

Z
Zaychik 17.06.20

MunchkiN 616
Thanks for the educational program :)

B
Black.Card 17.06.20

Stailet
980ti I raped my work (3D modeling), and the worker moved on the playing, and the game was removed...But 7970 7970 sitting by me, and 980ti already gives periodically crashes. While 980ти I have not fully dead I can still sell it at a reasonable price and buy a new 7970 also time to sell while it's a copper basin not covered. Buy now 1060, wait for 1080ti, quickly change 1060 to 1080ti...If you choose the right moment it is possible for a penny every year to upgrade to the new card the new generation.

It is not about money, billionaires here is not exactly sitting) it's probably just some kind of fanaticism in the pursuit of technology, how many did not try - and to fight with yourself in regards to the technique not work.

burn consolato
Well, to be honest did not take in the choice of the latter vidyahu someone's specific direction, all have their pros and cons...it All depends on what the buyer wants...If you take the map at the moment - 1060, if 5 years is 480.

The choice seems to be obvious on 1 side is 480, and 7970 will still fit a good couple of years, and as You said - 1060 merge.
But after a heap kosyachny drivers red AMD lost its credibility for me, software is much worse...And rolled back every time is also not desirable. For example in the case of the 7970, even the last wood n see crossfire...And it's a great school.
On the other side of the green, took a position of monopoly in the graphics market, do what you want. And it is also a fact.

But it does not say, soft in NVIDIA better, as iron, as the owner of both cards. Therefore most likely buy it...even Though the tests look accurate to the games at 480...But 390 is not exactly an option.

B
Black.Card 17.06.20

A couple cool video about 480:

Anyway 1060 more powerful comes out, especially in direct 11, and 12 the difference is not big...

S
Shock Burst 17.06.20

Bunny
Unlikely with such cards in 2019 will play in ultra HD, in 2019, even the gtx 1080 will become obsolete...

S
Shock Burst 17.06.20

Bunny
I have one card to play longer...
You need a gtx 1070 to fullhd this card will last a long time!