3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shadowarm 29.06.20 10:04 am

Vertical sync and fps (Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag)

I actually experimented with the settings so the game is in 16:9 resolution,with the settings below in the screenshot,the game gives 50-60 Fps,but it is necessary to include v sins,the game puts up to 30 fps,when I look at plants, and so on.Clearly with the tearing play is not really something you want,be like?And why is that?

Spoiler
30 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jetway 29.06.20

The long-played, but kind of remember) the game uses double buffering, i.e. either 60 fps or 30, 20, 15, etc. For triple buffering you need to use D3DOverrider softinu from the old Riva tuner, Google it and will find no problems. There in the file specify the executable of the game and he put over & under and triple buffering in the game over & under bran. The driver put on the application selection.
https://hostr.co/5JA4NRt I found)

S
Shadowarm 29.06.20

Jetway
Now I will try,thank you

S
Shadowarm 29.06.20

Jetway
It seems to work,image is not broken.Question for you,why is the game not working adequately vertikalka,and with this app OK?

w
winni madison 29.06.20

Shadowarm
16,9 this is not a solution is a format

J
Jetway 29.06.20

Shadowarm
In General as. Without going into technical details vertikalka happens with double and triple buffering. Double sink will make fps, which is uniformly distributed versus frequency Monica, i.e. if Monique 60 Hertz, evenly, they will include 60fps (one fps to one frame scanning) 30фпс (one fps for 2 frames), 20фпс (one of 3), etc. If the system squeezes 60fps, it will be 60. If you say fps drops to 59, the plane takes the following value, i.e. 30 for anything between 60 and 30 is not evenly distributed in 60 frames. OK, this is the plane double buffering is actually complete crap and why in this game did not triple do not know. Same with triple buffering, the fps will be any vlot frequency sweep. The only negative is that when values not equal to 60, 30, etc., will be noticeable dropped frames, the so-called stuttering of the image, very noticeable for example when 45фпс 60 Hz processing scan and especially if you play on the controller. I solve it this way: look around at what settings the game 80 percent of the time will give out, say 40 fps, set the frequency Monica 80Hz, over & under driver 1/2, well, triple buffering should of course native support from game... the actual assassin like 4 and I remember one, who did not support) For such games and used D3DOverrider, but for 64-bit RadeonPro. Both softiny are obsolete and are not updated, although like all of what now are with is normal, ie triple buffering))) something Like that...

S
Shadowarm 29.06.20

Jetway
Thank you,and if we assume AMD put triple bufferization,and the plane,what would be the effect?

J
Jetway 29.06.20

Well triple buffering is exposed or in the game itself or in the mentioned prog. Driver NVIDIA there is a setting, but it is only for OpenGl, like in AMD in wood is not compulsory troinoi. This is the first. Well, about effect, and there, and there he will be extremely positive), if you just say -- the picture will be much smoother. In short, you can make a rule -- not love tears pictures, provide a plane with triple buffering (to the heap to smooth the driver put the number of frames prepared by the CPU 1) and you will have happiness)))

Here you can add, if fps is too much floating between low and high values salachi it using MSI Afterburner on some averaged value.

S
Shadowarm 29.06.20

Jetway
Well, sort of understand now by the way AMD says that javah triple buffersize OpenGL,meaning it won't work?

A
Alamut95 29.06.20

Shadowarm
You can simply run the task Manager during the game, close the Manager and deploy the game. As I understand, this method wind itself cut in triple buffering. In Batman: Arkham Knight Just Cause 3 the same problem, if you have enabled vertical sync, the fps jumps from 60 to 30, but if you play in window without frame, triple buffering is enabled and the problem disappears. In principle, AC4 could be run in a window without frames and crap, but the game does not support running in a window. D3DOverrider does not work with 64-bit games. I have so much time in the English-speaking Internet spent trying to solve this problem, in the end, I came to the conclusion that the best way for 64-bitnih games is to run them in a window without frames.

J
Jetway 29.06.20

All right. But will only for open GL, for example in the new Duma)

J
Jetway 29.06.20

Alamut_95
without a framework already used vertikalka desktop for Windows) and it's generally pretty buggy in terms of smoothness, in most cases, the plane loses exclusive full screen on this characteristic. Of course it is more noticeable with a controller, with the mouse not so much of course.

I too spent a lot of time on the same forums and same in part of 64-bit games managed to force trology using RadeonPro

A
Alamut95 29.06.20

Jetway
Buggy if you play off plane, if you turn it on, all seamlessly, at least from me. Of course the best option is if triple buffering is in the game.

R
Red Barels 29.06.20

Shadowarm
in the control panel NVIDIA staves adaptive-sync and everything is good
the same problem was. The only negative picture tearing

J
Jetway 29.06.20

invalid dok
It will breaks. For those who does not like them, is not the solution.

A
Alamut95 29.06.20

invalid dok
Adaptive synchronization eliminates tearing of the picture.

J
Jetway 29.06.20

Alamut_95
Of course, native triple buffering is the best option.

R
Red Barels 29.06.20

Alamut_95
Jetway
but a stable 60 fps without jumps

J
Jetway 29.06.20

invalid dok
The same effect you will have with any kind of synchronization due to your hardware, which draws a constant 60. But I should add that even if the system gives a stable 60, it is still at adaptive here and there will slip through the gaps (determined experimentally).

A
Alamut95 29.06.20

Jetway
Another good option would be if made 64-bit D3DOverrider, or any other program.

S
Shadowarm 29.06.20

invalid dok
I have a AMD man