3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikita237 02.07.20 09:56 pm

Overheating 4790K

Cooler Deepcool ICEEDGE 400 XT, bought a PC 2 years ago.
Only noticed when I wanted to overclock it, 4.3 is not in any took
In the end, I came to the conclusion that it is necessary to lower the voltage could be lowered to 1.130 at standard frequencies within 20-25 minutes of the stress test in CPU-Z the temperature rose to 96-97, the heat dissipation 100W
Actually the question is lacking of the cooler or thermal paste has dried up?
38 Comments
Sort by:
50GB 02.07.20

Sam asked and he said, well done.

N
Nikita237 02.07.20

50GB
Where I say?

d
darkpromo 02.07.20

Nikita237
it is only 40 cfm, lacking for acceleration of the stone

l
lookaway 02.07.20

necesi temperaturka

N
Nikita237 02.07.20

blazer666
It is clear that it lacked for overclocking then the fact that he at standard frequencies up to 100 comes with 1.155

b
betasisko 02.07.20

Nikita237
maybe between the chip and the cover in the dried feces all turned)
chikni setting the fan in the BIOS, change the thermal paste. if nothing changes, then either under the hood all deuce turned or the radiator does not take/dissipate enough heat.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 02.07.20

Nikita237
I have the same processor. With 4400 and cooling Noctua NH-D15, the maximum temperature in the range of 70 degrees. In a simple within 40.
You need to watch the thermal paste - what smeared and? And that's not to mention the Assembly that gathered there? Put on the nominal frequency to check on them.
The cooler, the specifications, removes 130W of heat, then it is enough. The CPU is 88 watts on a nominal.
The works for more than a year, no problems, boksovskie option with a 3 year warranty.
---------------
betasisko
There hotmelt, and at high temperatures it is more effective than thermal paste, and this effect - high temperature, he does not.

S
Shadowarm 02.07.20

You are wrong forum,this is for you to advanced overclockers,but not here

V
Vinni-Pukh 02.07.20

Nikita237
To test the CPU in CPU-Z it is powerful.

R
Ryazancev 02.07.20

Vinni-Pukh
Thermal grease have Dipko palest hue, is rapidly degraded. He recently removed the cooler and there it stuck. Changed the thermal paste from Zalman.
Yes this cooler for overclocking is weak, we must give him 6 heat pipes and not 4.

V
Vinni-Pukh 02.07.20

Ryazancev
Ryazancev wrote:
Thermal grease have Dipko palest hue, is rapidly degraded. He recently removed the cooler and there it stuck. Changed the thermal paste from Zalman.
Yes this cooler for overclocking is weak, we must give him 6 heat pipes and not 4.
What does thermopaste?
CPU-Z is generally known as a stress test does not heat the processor it in the first place, and is not an indicator of the stability of overclocking.

D
Dreik Fernis 02.07.20

Vinni-Pukh
What's the difference, I think CPU-Z is unable to load percents on 100%?

V
Vinni-Pukh 02.07.20

Dreik Fernis
It can be loaded with debris, which does not show clear overclocking. And you can download a top program such as LinX, where I solved a real task that will show the actual temperature, and will quickly show the error.
Funny to read even nonsense like test in CPU-Z )))

S
SUSUL1 02.07.20

Vinni-Pukh
LinX - a real program?!
If we test something close to reality, it is either OCCT or AIDA
LinX it is not close the program, it's playboy cores

S
SUSUL1 02.07.20

Nikita237
Obviously this cooler is not enough, and it seems to me that there is clearly no consumption of 100W, and all 130
And considering what's under the lid is not liquid metal, and gum, the CPU and heats
After all, for overclocking with low temperatures it is necessary to divide the maximum stated thermal conductivity of the cooler for two

N
Nikita237 02.07.20

VOVAN WOLF
SUSUL1
Today I bought a new ZALMAN CNPS9900DF cooler, thermal grease Gelid GC-Extreme
Yet put the cogs, understand that you'll have to remove the Mat fee, it will be necessary in the near future to re-apply
5-minute test AIDA max - 70 average - 64

R
Ryazancev 02.07.20

Nikita237
You should not have this Zalman took, it is expensive and not.

N
Nikita237 02.07.20

Ryazancev
Like normal, the store was still DEEPCOOL Assassin II, but it would interfere with the RAM

R
Ryazancev 02.07.20

Nikita237
instead, the true spirit 140 power
this one putchi for their money.

P
Posledovatel 02.07.20

this high temperature can be if the copper coin on the cooler not tight to the CPU, the screws may not properly stand ,look carefully