3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alamut95 20.10.19 10:27 am

The game crashes when you try to go in graphics settings. A desperate soul is crying out for help! (Alone in the Dark (2008))

So, I decided to recall and re-take, yeah, remembered.... The whole fucking Internet clambered, and found no solution. Even wrote support, but they are silent. I heard that the rollback of fire wood helps, but it's crazy to put old wood for one game, there must be another solution. Is Windows 7, 64 bit. The game license. Even the Repack downloaded, all the same. Who know, please help. I'm afraid and then the theme and will hang unnoticed (
18 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alamut95 20.10.19

So, does anyone know how to solve this trouble?

A
Alamut95 20.10.19

The problem was solved with the transition to Windows 8.1. Although, with the transition to 8.1 was a new firewood of NVIDIA, and maybe they helped.

l
legusor 20.10.19

Alamut 95-30
throw your res file.aitd if you have not managed to remove the game.
he is on the way: C:\Users\Имя User\AppData\Local\Atari\AITD

A
Alamut95 20.10.19

Just today, I re-installed this game on Windows 8.1. And what do you think? The game certainly has not taken off, but after applying the graphics settings and setting the resolution, she stopped to visit, music was playing and there was a video from the menu. The same thing happened when I was on Windows 7 in the folder C:\Users\Имя User\AppData\Local\Atari\AITD threw off the res file.aitd (settings permission) other people, if I remember correctly, then this file I have some reason he was not created. Today I dug around in my res.aitd and put these settings:

ResolutionWidth and ResolutionHeight is the resolution of your screen. PrevResolutionWidth and PrevResolutionHeight is a previous resolution which stood in the game. Feel free to put your screen resolution in both cases, as I did. Where NewResolution must be 0. Here is a link to the file itself. I'm not saying that Windows 7 will succeed, try. Leave feedback if this helped and if not helped, will be together to grieve )

K
Krechet79 20.10.19

The problem with the definition of the graphics the game itself. Graphics card with memory over 1 gig is not determined by the game, and therefore the res file.aitd is created. Launched on the laptop is Windows 7 x 64, nvidia ION and all running at maximum settings!!(( Sorry, next a powerful system unit(

K
Krechet79 20.10.19

Read what you need (or can) some program to cheat the game relatively used videokaraoke (or the video memory) but the special knowledge I have. Can anyone help!!!!
Here is the link to the forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/259170/discussions/0/613940478012534141/#p2

K
Krechet79 20.10.19

Alamut_95
on Windows 7 x64 did not help..

A
Alamut95 20.10.19

Krechet82
I have a video card with 4gb memory, but the game runs.

K
Krechet79 20.10.19

Alamut_95
8 write the problem is solved, I also run, but 800x600((( crashes in the graphics options menu

l
legusor 20.10.19

Krechet79
personally love this game, but on his new pitch because of the departure from a menu of graphics settings and could not play. if 800x600 is not comme Il faut.
the video card I have r9 290x 4GB, win7x64 OS, monitor 1920x1080. change the settings in the res file.aitd to nothing lead.
revered English steam forums and found the solution: the game doesn't understand graphics cards with memory above the gig.
what I did: launched call of duty black ops 3 (for example games, eating a lot of VRAM), switched it to windowed mode, parallel running alone in the dark. and, Oh, miracle! the game starts correctly, namely: when you start, it must issue an introductory logo and a resolution of 800x600 that by default it looks in catatoga screen, not stretched across the monitor. graphics settings in this work. next, I put all the graphics on high, resolution at 1920x1080, out of the game, reopened the call of duty, then re-ran AITD in parallel, made sure that the correct resolution and graphics settings were used, out of call of duty and sat down to continue to play AITD. for further Alt-tabs the game of reagiruet fine. but on each subsequent start-up process must be repeated, otherwise again 800x600. in principle, nothing complicated.
here is the text of the res file.aitd
ResolutionWidth 1920
ResolutionHeight 1080
NewResolution = 0
PrevResolutionWidth 1920
PrevResolutionHeight 1080
it can be put in the read only if the first attempt did not saporific. I safaritalo from my colleague with the same problem only after affixing this show.
any other solution to this problem and never will be, until someone open and not rewrite the exe game, that may never happen.

l
legusor 20.10.19

Alamut_95
2 years I suffered and finally found the solution.

K
Krechet79 20.10.19

legusor
Thanks, it turned out). Now happy to go through the game again

A
Ashley33 20.10.19

After downloading, throw in a folder and edit the file with the cut I have in the game completely blew out the controls - I can't squander endless roller when starting out...
PS And just patch was not that it would officially decide? Stone age what you know.

R
Regimentor 20.10.19

Ashley33
Edit the RES file manually, between lines leave a space. The game itself after launch from the administrator.

R
Regimentor 20.10.19

One AMD card or res.aitd has not appeared after installation, create it manually.

R
Raym 20.10.19

legusor
scheme does not work, still crashes

N
NomaD92 20.10.19

I did so. Downloaded the fix and threw the contents of the archive into the game folder. Went into the game in compatibility mode for win 8. Then put the graphics settings/resolution, survived and came out of the game. Then he moved on the way C:\Users\Имя User\AppData\Local\Atari\AITD opened with Notepad res.aitd, there looked like is the resolution, or in the file properties res.aitd set read-only. Now the game runs with the resolution I selected.
Спойлерhttps://www.playground.ru/files/alone_in_the_dark_fix-188714/

D
Deadman_882 20.08.22

I bought the game recently, I wanted to get a portion of nostalgia because I passed it on the second Sonya, but it wasn’t there !!!!!!
at first there were problems with activating the key, but I solved it quite simply because I live in Turkmenistan, I know how to bypass blocks of sites)))) (stupidly through VPN) how I decided to activate the key, then a series of quests started how to play the game as a whole!
in short, as I understand it, you can’t play this game on a PC normally, a lot of crashes, a lot of errors of some kind that are not clear, and with the graphics settings, nothing helped at all, the game crashes as soon as you go into the graphics settings)))
PS: RIP ALONE IN THE DARK!