3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Red Lamp 15.07.20 10:39 pm

RTX 2070 EXPORTS

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!
There is a problem, try to help me, I would be grateful.
So, laptop Asus Rog Strix Scar G731G III (bought within 6 months ago)
The configuration is the following:
Nvidia Rtx 2070 8gb
Intel Core i7-2.60 GHz 9750
RAM 16gb
Is the sharp drop of FPS in games from 60 to 10.
Example - playing in some Dishonored 2, or the Witcher 3 (which is the maximum speed the idea to fly if the two pieces would start), the first 5-10 minutes is all strawberry, then a sharp drawdown of up to 10 fps for some number of seconds (maximum - up to 12 seconds), after - all the rules from 1 to 4 minutes.
This happens in all games - EVEN IN a FORTNIGHT (with the Internet everything is stable, I kid).
The charts say the GPU load at 99-100%. I ASSURE YOU it's not inalaska built-in none, I checked it a thousand times - works RTX and it is loaded on 100%.

Of course, the forum is already the last hope, before you give the laptop to the service on the diagnosis, so, as you know, ALL the options that I was able to Google, I've tried.
And that, in fact, tried:
- Power settings changed
- Checked the miner is not mining
- Firewood re-installed
- Priorities all kinds of put to work that is a discrete graphics card Nvidia
- The laptop was NOT broken up, because what the hell am I paying so much money and still have it and disperse?
In BIOS climbed, there was looking for a way to switch the video (if it still works from the built-in Intel), but the BIOS from the ASUS circumcised, there is such option does not exist.
The only thing I did - I re-installed Windows. Oh, and overclocking is not amused (but I'm sure this is unnecessary).

I measured the temperature of all components of the laptop under heavy load, and compare it with normal values for these devices, NOTHING is overheating, especially considering that it's the laptop.

Guys, help pliz feel like the graphics chip has blocked power. I can not understand. Very bad would be to reinstall Windows (important data will be erased, I have one SSD on 1TB, all information on one disk) and it would not be desirable to carry in service.

In short, hope for a miracle brains of the forum users. Thank you very much!
21 Comments
Sort by:
m
mywest 15.07.20

Need to watch temperature,and decrease the frequency while playing. If Yes,then pozdravlau you trolling.

X
X_ray_83 15.07.20

Red Lamp
Overheating laptop because troclet, reduce the frequency and so on.

R
Red Lamp 15.07.20

X_ray_83
If you tell me how to do it, that would be great. Because I don't even understand what is frequency lowering. Lowered the frequency to run the games

R
Red Lamp 15.07.20

mywest
Yes, frequency is reduced directly in the game. And only when playing

P
PS5 Fan 15.07.20

should the laptop be cleaned , and it is better to buy a stand with fans for extra cooling

R
Red Lamp 15.07.20

PS5 Fan
He is such a box. I chalked it up to lack of RAM, so I did not understand. And as I understand that RAM is in order, then started looking for the problem. In short, a new laptop do not need to be cleaned

X
X_ray_83 15.07.20

Red Lamp
Try this app, but in your laptop the aggressive reduction in the frequency of percent of these, and racing !
https://www.intel.ru/content/www/ru/ru/products/docs/processors/core/performance-maximizer.html

X
X_ray_83 15.07.20

Red Lamp
This aggressive reduction in the frequency I7 9750
We are conducting a stress test of the system in order to identify possible trottling or system instability. In Prime95 the CPU will start with 4 GHz and holds that frequency until the temperature reaches 76 °C. Immediately thereafter, the frequency is reduced to 3.1 - 3.2 GHz to keep the heat of the chip in the range of 66 °C.
https://www.notebookcheck-ru.com/Noutbuk-Asus-ROG-Strix-G-GL731GU-Obzor-ot-Notebookcheck.428048.0.html

R
Red Lamp 15.07.20

X_ray_83
Oh, thank you! What about the Throttle Stop I think?

X
X_ray_83 15.07.20

Red Lamp
I think take back to the store laptop with such problems from Asus !

M
Masky76 15.07.20

Create a topic adequate.
Laptop not remove the game)

A
ABRAScovyy 15.07.20

Buy laptops, and then complain that is not drawn.
PS You sho bought a laptop for 150K? Seriously?

m
mywest 15.07.20

Red Lamp
There is such a thing as undervolting, if you will understand it may make it easier for you to overheat. Google instructions as what to what, my friend has the same laptop and the frequency is also at the bottom are falling due to overheating.

X
X_ray_83 15.07.20

mywest
Because the new notebook Intel trochleae hot shit ! 7nm was okay but even in 10Nm are unable.

m
mywest 15.07.20

X_ray_83
Keep us informed. First he had the 9th generation of Intel and secondly any hardware starting from the middle and higher troclet almost all laptops and the workflow is nothing to do with.

X
X_ray_83 15.07.20

mywest
My laptop does not reduces the incidence of 70 degrees 84 ! It's a modern CPU cooling which is difficult to arrange in a thin casing.
Even the Macbook pro is such troclet percent and cooling !
AMD Ryzen 3950x works in the laptop 16 nuclear desktop, and then you talk about bits and how it works.

For me Intel is the past old those process and great heat dissipation.

T
Takkar_hAsam 15.07.20

PS5 Fan
stand gives almost no sense (well, type to pay +-1000 rubles for lowering the temperature by 2 degrees, Riley?), but, the laptop from dust clean would be just the same in very handy.

m
mywest 15.07.20

X_ray_83
Are you mad and not vduplyaesh what I wrote.

m
mywest 15.07.20

Х_гау_83Нет should not

m
mywest 15.07.20

X_ray_83
You're on something said? Papkin special percent, or you have a goal in life for Sasuke and show everyone your ignorance in this matter?