3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
ceptey8520 15.07.20 10:55 pm

The difference between IPS and TN matrixes

Choose a new monitor, and is an ultimatum: take TN-ke or IPS. Everywhere write that the TN matrices are not very good for Color reproduction.
BUT now I have monitor samsung SyncMaster2243 ( https://market.yandex.ru/product--monitor-samsung-syncmaster-2243bw-22/1618726?track=tabs ) .He's on a TN matrix, and, besides, he is more than some of you who read this post. While colour reproduction it good (compared to others, for 150 thousand), the change of shades at change of a corner of related small, generally not critical. Contrast is also normal, the response time though is 5 milliseconds, the eye (my eye) indistinguishable from 2.
Hence the questions:
1) Much improved TN matrix over the last 10 years? Or worse?
2) it Is necessary to take TN or IPS? Or do you know a good VA on the matrix?
3) whether the perception is affected by response time?
4) And another question, is it worth buying a monitor with G-Sync if I have a video card rtx 2080?
Thanks in advance
4 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zhizn dermo 15.07.20

Games only TN. He well conveys the color black in the dark. At IPS he's more grey...but not everything is so fast moving.
I personally IPS is not enough.
Went through 8 monitors are different and in the end I sit on Viewsonic vx2453mh. Optimal for games, all ustaivayte.
https://catalog.onliner.by/display/viewsonic/xg240r At the moment that this monitor will be ideal in colors, from the point of view of comfort and pleasure.
Samsung I would not consider in principle - there color faded and unpleasant.

a
airstorm 15.07.20

ceptey8520
ceptey8520 wrote:
1) Much improved TN matrix over the last 10 years? Or worse?
then there were LCD monitors with a frequency of 120 Hz, now the led at 240 Hz. The response was 1 MS, there is 1 MS.

ceptey8520 wrote:
2) it Is necessary to take TN or IPS? Or do you know a good VA on the matrix?
If for gaming, then TN. Shooters, dynamic action games and other playful types of races, etc. - the most it.
ceptey8520 wrote:
3) whether the perception is affected by response time?
In a fast shooter feel and response time and gartsovku and... actually, again game
ceptey8520 wrote:
4) And another question, is it worth buying a monitor with G-Sync if I have a video card rtx 2080?
The question comes down to finances. If you have required amount and have a desire to spend it on still more comfortable with the game you can buy.
PS the video Card and monitor, games are expensive, consider this. Personally, I bought everything with all the bells and whistles (configuration profile) and did not regret... but we and the other country and the salaries are high...

M
MunchkiN 616 15.07.20

if fps will be around 60 IPS does not hesitate
over 10 years, matrix does not changed only offer monitors began to make more ice and the light is more uniform Souvanna

l
legusor 15.07.20

IPS rules
TN shit
by and large, no matter if your professional field does not depend on the color quality, and judging by the question – it does not depend on the color quality of the monitor, so take anything I liked.