3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 20.07.20 11:40 pm

Stellaris vs Endless Space. (Stellaris)

Started playing at Stellaris and noticed more similarities with Sunset solar Empire and it was with Endless Space. Also the colonization and terraforming of planets, different space races and their history, large galaxy, development, policy, and other similarities come to mind.
Who played and remembers a game like Endless Space, tell me which of these games are more complex pererabotannoe and deeper in terms of everything?
I'm Stellaris is still a little play, so I can't judge, but I will say one thing I really miss here music from Endless Space, is not enough.
39 Comments
Sort by:
C
CiaphasCain 20.07.20

Podvipodvertov wrote:
Started playing at Stellaris and noticed more similarities with Sunset solar Empire and it was with Endless Space. Also the colonization and terraforming of planets, different space races and their history, large galaxy, development, policy, and other similarities come to mind.
It is in most of the strategies :D

S
SemyStall 20.07.20

Stellaris as for me a deeper game. A little more complicated.

A
Avionix 20.07.20

Stellaris more nuanced and not so fast to play, there is just a huge number of Briceni goes on the less intelligent colonizacao sector to the military expansion he has not yet reached
the music in the game constantly reminds the mixture of interstellar with something incomprehensible, but it is not such as to Endless Space
and the graphics are not as colorful as in Endless Space, though the arts are very beautiful))
there is a system with a black hole in the right image, which is not and was not still in any game
you can even develop some primitive race, and they will become part of your Empire, and you'll conquer the spaces))

P
Pavel Koshovnik 20.07.20

like that and this game, for me it is better to control yourself than to share in the sector in stelaria, but random events in the endgame super!!!

B
Brashnashla 20.07.20

Fighting in the EU is even worse than here, generally speaking, quite difficult to execute. Only, perhaps, that there is better - a system of planets, even satellites you can dig. The editors of the ships - what's out there that sucks, technology...too different, although EU me nicer.
Total Stellaris much stronger EU

K
Kolyuchiy83 20.07.20

Me more she's on the Galactic zywo similar.

s
scorg94 20.07.20

Podvipodvertov
Endless space easier stellarisa. It is that beautiful fights that almost no control is impossible. And there are the usual tech tree.
In all other respects Stellaris better: from research to the universe of social policy. Stellaris generally the first on my game almost where you can without conquest to make the Empire inhabited by several different races.
We can say unequivocally that Stellaris stronger ES. But that doesn't make the ES a bad game, besides soon the second part should come out.
PS. Can try the Polaris sector and star drive 2. In both great editors of the ships and controlled the battle in space.

M
Mazayw 20.07.20

Dima Ogorodnikov
And as the Stellaris compared to the Polaris sector and star drive 2? What fun to play?

s
scorg94 20.07.20

Mazayw
Polaris sector is on Stellaris similar too in real time. In her excellent editor, ships and complex and fairly realistic fighting.
Star drive 2 also has a good editor ships and a separate arena for combat. You can create any fleets of any vehicles that have them fighting.
But still they are both seriously inferior Stellaris opportunities.
In descending order of interest (to me): Stellaris -> star drive 2 -> Polaris sector.

H
Hydrolisk 20.07.20

Stellaris bother me in diplomacy in contrast to the ES then I do not understand nifiga what, how, where" and what happens. You can't just fly in, burn the crap planet neighbor. How and why? They won't tell me, you need to dig the guides and ask on the forums. In Stellaris, only two victory conditions (if I understand correctly): take a lot of systems in the galaxy and polynosic to figam all the neighbors in any way. No science victory, no victory quest (as in endless of legends), no built wonder of the world, there is no financial victory, no diplomatic victory. Just breed like a rabbit or kill all ((
But the study of the world, attention to detail and random events it is yum)))

M
Mazayw 20.07.20

Dima Ogorodnikov
Thanks, after reading reviews, also came to this conclusion.

Hydrolisk
Most likely we will find many interesting things in the next DLC=)

D
DartSeires 20.07.20

Mazayw
I would say that this game is a modified copy of the first star drive. Play all and decide for yourself.

M
Mazayw 20.07.20

DartSeires
I Stellaria enough =b
in the evening sat - think will start in a few moments, look for that game ..... it seems that just came in and here is the Wake-up Sutra is calling - gotta go to work.
So 7 hours passed and not noticed.... game fire, but it is very addictive and doesn't want to let go!

K
Kreyjoh 20.07.20

Endless space passed the largest skating rink in 30 hours on the medium difficulty I'll not even start... (the victory through the complete destruction of) the Stellaris will be more difficult, longer and prettier with the possibility of a more profound influence on battles, as there are no moves, which adds to the action. Now where the 7-8 attempt I play aggressively through the destruction, everything connected with it, without alliances)) so far everything is normal)) about 100 hours already spent and interest had not yet dried up, by far the Stellaris I like it more than Endless space)))

M
MishaRass 20.07.20

Kreyjoh
+ the developers promise the game finished, to improve, to do DLS, so that in the future will be even steeper)

K
Kreyjoh 20.07.20

MishaRass
Hopefully)))

d
desan77332 20.07.20

You're so vain about Endless Space, I played a lot in it, and there are things in it which pleased, for example, in contrast with Stellaris from the crowd with its strange and obscure races, in ES of at least this order. Second, the game design, although Stellaris also nice to look at everything. . As for complexity and depth. In Stellaris completely no such thing as , for example, the industrial potential of the planet. It's not important what on the planet you have built, and the ships will be built in orbit with the same speed at least in the capital, even in the suburbs somewhere, it's like there is no ice for a serious strategy. In ES I've created an industrial planet, there picked hero, pumped his skills, eventually on this planet could build a fleet faster than any other, other planets were sharpened by study, or by money. Pumping heroes, skills, etc., including their biographies, it is an undeniable plus ES. In Stellaris even the food can not be transported from planet to planet.. how so? So that you could implement) and don't like the war in Stellaris. To make demands and so on, it's nice.. cool, but like that's not enough good old-fashioned meat grinder, when the war was on destruction, but on points. Recently, I played slaveholders xenophobes, I of course declared war, what the coalition of the 3 empires nearby, have sent fleets, one landed in my capital, where I met him. And the rest.. rushed through my territory, endured some stations occasionally, yet I never stopped to understand what happens in the end, I chose they have the most poorly protected system, and began to gain there points.. scored, won. Not impressive. It is necessary to improve this system. Besides, maybe I don't want the code of honor to fight, I want to make a radioactive hell on the planet those who I crossed the road, or let me arrange.. and then in fact, chistoplyuystvo some:))

M
Mordok 20.07.20

desan77332
Just playing is not enough.
1. The speed of construction of buildings on planets depends on the Governor's science, orders. The build speed of ships off the shipyard. It's one thing when hitting on a battleship on a bare yard and quite another - build on the modules of living metal + Guild navigators + nationalnogo shop + module for the Assembly of battleships. With the Governor on the Navy you can raise an Armada and a half times more, even with such technical data that the enemy never dreamed of.
Here is a simple economic focus another. In ES you pumped hammers, then increase the income that is spent on content literally just.
2. Governors, scientists, generals. If you generate enough influence, you can bustice science/construction obscenely direct. Need just the right footage to put in its place.
3. Concerning war. Fresh there's nothing here, all the games of the Paradoxes of this system working. But mixing points do not interfere.
I at the final stage (the last 15 planets were selected to win) the War was with a bunch of people that in the arms it was impossible to understand who is against me. And yet officially declared war against me. Fleets at 30K as the seeds flew around 2/3 of the galaxy, the minute messages about dumps log litter so that quests to find.
Because of this power of points against me weakly typed, and even fighting in two different parts of the galaxy. Even thought that won't take out :/ especially the monsters with their warami dumped from the Armada and flew in the weaker fleet.

Races - all clear: picture, coat of arms and name choose any game to decide the principles. Want to play a race of fungi, and followers of Bob Marley - no question! Pacific+xenophile. Hosh mushroom vicious oppressors - take fanatical collectivists + militarists. You can even decadence to turn a larger wagering. Government mode are selected under the principles and - forth to enslave.
Restless can or xenophobes burn, or collectivists to enslave. Not radioactive hell of course, and the planet not to incinerate, but to mock you.

To Stellaris claims a lot, but you articulated just about food agree. What really wanted me to take of ES is the informative table. Paradoxes are so afraid to gash yet another difficult strategy that abandoned the charts and tables scored with unnecessary pictures? What is in the game now - rather annoying than helping.
But in Stellaris is a huge plus, which is not in the ES: three kinds of interstellar travel. Depending on which game is changing dramatically.

d
desan77332 20.07.20

Mordok Normally played to understand all the mechanics of the game.
The building the building is not as important as the ships, and they are built the same everywhere, and affects only the module. This is a very simplified model, let's say simple already. Governors and stuff, too, all very simplified, is not close to the heroes of the ES. Well, there are standard stats and a random perk, and every second the speed of construction and clearance.. well well that. Zapustite to possible decrees, but the influence will not be enough. And bustice only science and happiness and makes sense .. or someone should be zapustit construction of buildings by 15% ?=)) Technology fall check out, need tech can not fall out when it is necessary. About what you said about the fleet.. Modules affect stats that are dependent on rare resources and a couple of modules like the Academy kosmoflota, Yes, useful thing. In ES having a rare resource you can use it everywhere and access it in the case of the blockade of the system was lost, by the way. Here 1 unit of resource = one unit at one station. The second zoo I want to build, look where the Pets are still inhabited, only one zoo enough from the planet) total, stations not tied to the planets, in fact, what's stopping them to build in space?)) In other words, with regard to the construction, construction of stations, the resources including rare, management of the planets, the Affairs of the military.. the whole area IMHO failed, then succeeded, all who , and ES and GalCiv and Stardrive.. even there can be transports food down:))) or, for example, to infect the enemy planet with a virus that turns everyone there into zombies. But there is more developers to rake the year. Well, why do I need to decide in advance what I can get from victory in the war? Well, it's not serious. This whole thing of trebovaniem has a right to exist, but only if I have a choice, the choice to follow this policy, noble war" or do I want to fight for this. With the destruction of the planets, radioactive mess, and so on.

M
Mordok 20.07.20

desan77332
Again: ES and Stellaris on different economic bases are. Everything here is on the content and space for construction are limited. What is the point is not to rebuild all the power plants on neitronnaya reactors, if the resource is unlimited?
Of course, this is the first game in which I had to choose between the reactor (for energy) and a workshop (to enhance the ships at specific shipyards). This is in addition to any is which module is to stick and what planet do I build.

The governors. In addition to basic skills, there are also 7 additional. There chosen people and in line. And if the Democrats don't need the second one, the first collectivists did not fall, but the second - almost Boh. A boost to the construction of the fleet?
You have a accord on non-aggression for 10 years. In these 10 years you need to roll out such a fleet, so as to bend the opponent.
Here is your Veteran coupled with a module for battleships will give such a boost that the opponent may advance to merge.
And the landowner? Bloodless when you need to push the border of an ally in the Alliance for strategic resource - he was the first kid on the sector.
You only came up to the builders? So the suit is not the case with randomness.
Although some dependence on the current state I have observed: during the war I had more retired military and veterans (maybe too random? XS).

Well, why do I need to decide in advance what I can get from victory in the war? Well, it's not serious.
Before the beginning of any war are political goals, from a gene.staff sets strategic. So in the real world fighting the state. Previous games of the Paradoxes to do otherwise would be inappropriate. In the new game they just put an old mechanic. To me personally it is still at the previous games liked: you can't just assign how many pressed, it is necessary to calculate the forces and get the result - like a bullet to paint, with no luck.
To good war scheme has nothing.

I with the same pleasure were cut and Tsivy, and Shoguns, and in Victoria with their completely different economic Foundation and mechanics. I just tried to pull the owl on the globe and search for the items Tsivy in Vic.
Maybe not your just? In any case, not your not equal shit.