3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mama Stiflera 21.07.20 12:39 am

Favorite story (Chapter) in the books of Andrzej Sapkowski (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Thought to create a topic. For those who are in love not only from games but also from books. I must say that for me the first two books of Sapkowski about the Witcher - the most interesting. And the most favorite stories (though it was hard to choose) is a Little bit of sacrifice (in addition heart of Stone a kind of projections of this story was the quest And I was there, honey beer drinking). And of course the Last wish and Something more (to tears). And you?
30 Comments
Sort by:
S
Spider Jerusalem 21.07.20

read two knizhentsii,the lesser evil a good story,everything else even not hold a candle to even the most run-down quest of 3 parts,in fact as Man is only an intermediate to create the crown of creation - glass of cognac with a slice of lemon and also the book only intermediate for the game,many will disagree but I think so

V
Vyacheslav Butusov 21.07.20

The same way of thinking. Last wish is replete with funny literary revs and has a very dynamic and emotional finale, and a Little sacrifice, the other mood - hopeless, sad and tragic. She's my second in importance because of the fact that if the desire to read is pretty fun, the feel is completely different, and I would not want to repeat, although an indelible mark in memory, they have undoubtedly left.

The Saga loved it, just think of your favorite parts may be only the first stories as separate short complete stories that, as far as I know, Sapkowski spent a lot more time than what comes after them is one big narrative, which is also a lot going on, but it all merged into a unified whole.

N
NPhysicist 21.07.20

Favorite chapters - secular reception on Taneda, the conversation Geralt Vilgefortz and subsequent rebellion. Another point is the visit of Dijkstra in Kovir.

Favorite stories - a Little bit of sacrifice, Splinter of ice, the Limit, Last wish

M
Mantykora 21.07.20

Not remember the name - I read all the crowd avidly.
But about favorite moments:
- when Arpen Zigrin tells CRIS on the influence of shagging on the progress of society said Triss, asking Geralt not to interfere with the listening to when the Witcher was indignant theme for a little girl.
- of course the letter, Jennifer Geralt Dear friend.
- Geralt and CRIS in Brokilon.
- battle Bonarda and CRIS.
when Triss made adjustments in female education CRIS in the kaer Morhen.
- well, the end, when Geralt and Yen prepared for death, but Emhyr saw tears CRIS left her with foster parents.

Anyway the quotes in the Witcher good. My favorite: History is a relation, mostly false, of events, in General, insignificant, left to us by historians, mostly idiots.

M
Mama Stiflera 21.07.20

Mantykora
Your favorite quote reminded me of a quote from the movie Braveheart - Historians will call me a liar, but history is written by the executioners of heroes. Don't know, but somehow for me, William Wallace is very similar to Geralt of Rivia.

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 21.07.20

Began to read from the beginning of the first book, read to stories about Nivellen (such as name), who lived in the forest in a magical Palace, or something like that. Then and time to read was not scored, but the stories are interesting.

-
-S.E.R.G.E.Y.- 21.07.20

, Jennifer of Vengerberg
The last two is more like it. The story about the wedding, not much. The season of thunderstorms did not read.

M
Mantykora 21.07.20

, Jennifer of Vengerberg
I don't know... the Similarity of Wallace and Geralt ends up in the hair and swords (and in Geralt's two of them). Then some differences:
- Wallace - hero, Geralt, in General, the mercenary, especially for the heroism he's not reaching;
- Wallace - soldier, warrior, Geralt is a professional of his profession;
- Wallace to defend their country, Geralt is a man without a country in the political sense, apolitical as possible;
- Wallace avenges the death of his beloved, could not protect his family. Though Geralt has no family in the classic sense, more or less successfully protect their loved ones;
- Wallace - the leader of the troops, now alone in most cases;
- Wallace is more of a romantic, Geralt is cynical.

V
Vyacheslav Butusov 21.07.20

By the way, Geralt in the game to be more optimistic and reaching out to the adventurous character than in the book where in the end he only multiplies the collected fractures and whine on everything, fighting with my friends, tired of living with a disability. In this respect, the ending was logical enough, because to live with such physical condition and mood - something else fun. As for quotes, I was close moments (usually at the end of chapters), in which the just described events look completely different, for example:

— Not food! Work! Attack rebound! Attack! A half-twist! Attack! A full rotation! More confident on columns, damn it! Do not shake! Step forward, bump! Faster! The twist! Jump... if! That's it! Very good!
Of hhaa–Ah!
Very good. Well enough.
— I'm not tired.
And I'm tired. Said, rest. Get off the ridge.
— Flip?
— What do you want? Like a chicken from the roost? Let's jump. Don't worry, I got you here.
Of hhaa–Ah!
— Cleverly. For girls even very good. Unable to remove the blindfold.

or:

During one of these discharges, stretched out on the grass and staring up at the sky, CRIS asked her long-held question:
Lady Yennefer? Would like to know if I'm worthy to sorceress.
— Good.
— Did you know?
— I knew it from the first minute. Few can notice the activity of my stars. A very few people. You noticed immediately.
— A test?
— Is over. I know all about you, what you wanted.
But some jobs... Not very good. You said yourself that... are You sure? I am not mistaken? Sure I have powers?
— Convinced.
But...
— CRIS. The sorceress seemed amused and at the same time, as if worried. — Since, as we sprawled on the lawn, I was talking to you without using voice.

well, just at the end of chapters are badly written moments like this here:

— Look once more into the breach and see what they are doing.
— CRIS bit his lip, then leaned to the hole. MS Jennifer is at the willow... Breaks the leaves and won't even look at Geralt And Geralt... with bowed head, stands nearby. And that says something. No, silent. Oh, well face it... Well, strange...
— All childishly simple. Buttercup found in the grass Apple, wiped on pants and critically examined. — Now he asks to forgive him for all sorts of stupid words and actions. Apologizes for impatience, lack of faith and hope, for the stubborn, for stubbornness. The vagaries and posture, unworthy men. Apologizes for what once did not understand, for what did not want to understand...
— Not true! — stamped CRIS. — Geralt does not say. He... he says nothing at all. I've seen it. He's standing there with her and is silent...
— That is the role of poetry, CRIS. Talking about what others are silent.
Stupid it is, your role. All you invent!
And this too is the role of poetry. Oh, I hear the pond excited voice. Well, look quickly, look, there work.
— Geralt — the CRIS looked to the slit — stands with his head down. And Yennefer terrible screams at him. Shouting and waving his arms. Uh–Oh... What would that mean?
— The child's question. Buttercup looked back at the floating clouds in the sky. — Now she asks him for forgiveness.

Not sure here without Weisbrot, but it turned out what happened, and quite well.

K
Key Ovald 21.07.20

Much like only the first two books. And then some tin starts, especially when CRIS gets pointwise lesbian.

M
Mama Stiflera 21.07.20

Mantykora
I don't mean that (although a very precise analysis of the characters). Just atmosphere some is common (for me). The same melodies and stuff. Just remembered the film. But it's not about that.

M
Mama Stiflera 21.07.20

Vyacheslav Butusov
Nevertheless, after the game and then starting to read books, I somehow easier to imagine Geralt (and other characters). Although the game Geralt (special thanks to Kuznetsov), was more alive or something, rather than a book. Not as canonical as say those who don't like Russian localization. A translation of Wajsbrot - by far the best!

-
-S.E.R.G.E.Y.- 21.07.20

, Jennifer of Vengerberg
Generally in the books, especially the first, too many tales, called fiction, sometimes I'm just looking at the cover, I wanted to be sure: am I Russian folk tales to read? Not. Well, okay.

u
u3epJlu 21.07.20

In memory alone settled the head of the Golden dragon.) And I also want to mention the scene in one of the last books where CRIS on ice, hunting for bad guys, a gorgeous scene.)

G
G0RD0N_FREEMAN 21.07.20

All the cool

F
Fantasista 21.07.20

All the books in his own good, but I liked the battle scene on the bridge from the baptism of fire and the subsequent initiation of Geralt in the knights. Geralt of Rivia Geralt became Revisin.

M
Mr. Gold 21.07.20

I only read the book: ''Last request'', ''the Sword of destiny'', ''the Blood of elves'', ''the time of contempt'', ''the Baptism of fire'', ''the Tower of swallows'', ''the lady of the lake''. And all these books I your like. Also passed all 3 parts and as a possible continuation of the books I loved it. Other novels about the Witcher, unfortunately, not familiar. If anyone remembers other works about the Witcher Geralt please write the name. I would be very happy to read it.

S
Ser Frensis Dreyk 21.07.20

Something more and a little bit of sacrifice is what? Don't understand as much as possible of this volume is to remember the names of the chapters... I Can only say that liked the scene on the ice( I think it is logical to call the lady of the lake). At all times when CRIS holed up at the old hermit, too, seemed to be the best, the style of narration, well, the scenes where Geralt with friends in road to nilfgaard.

K
Kahran Ramsus 21.07.20

Tayyler
Diarrhea is a prequel season of thunderstorms, diarrhea comic not published the story, a few mediocre comics on the game and ponosnogo Polish TV series based on the first two books. In General, nothing worthwhile.

On topic, I would choose tales: the end of the world. He is very funny and very sad at the same time.

B
Bezymyannyy chelovek 21.07.20

Interesting... Well, my favorite stories: Last wish, Splinter of ice" and the story where Geralt met with Lasaraleen-Doppler and Dudu(like Eternal Flame or called something like that). And another story where Buttercup lute of the elves gets kind called the Edge. Oh yeah... And the story,I liked, Grain of truth.

PS have read the details and exact names I can't remember.