3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Chellsi 21.10.19 10:14 am

The Book \"Portal\" (Half-Life 2)

I know I said long ago that he would try to write it. So long that you probably forgot already. However, finding its outline I started writing. I hope I will last long)
42 Comments
Sort by:
C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Prologue
The administrative floor was brightly lit, though, and met the dark corners as to illuminate such a vast space was not very easy. Underfoot gently rustled shag carpets, somewhere above fun howled ventilation. Here it was as a child, so clearly aroused memories that in the eyes of Chell again were dimmed with tears.
Once, a little girl she loved these rugs, it was especially nice to walk on it barefoot, slowly shuffling his feet on the pile. Then he and his father often went to uncle Kev. Anyway, here in "Apertur" Chell then was "its in the Board", she joked workers, and shrunken technicians, intriguing winking, asked to see something "interesting".
My father would often say that she has good ability in the "relationship" with the mechanisms. But so like the father. She somehow Chell knew would never come on already prepared a place at mit. Yes, she's well versed in this technique, could even then collect a simple device. But the thing is that all of the mechanisms evoked in her some primitive subconscious fear. The cold iron of his sharp corners had seemed so hostile that Chell is promised in the future to work with machinery. So that no one knew, except her. And similarly, no one knew where the girl had this phobia. And Chell for life remember the day when her father took her on the bottom and the most secret floor to show what came before technology "Apertur". Then once you enter into a bright circular room, barely seeing the mechanism that was collected by the workers, when they hear, finally, of a soft metal the voice of this "device", and Chell almost tore off the hand of the father, trying to get him out of the room.
Now 16-year-old, almost a grown woman not quite remember what exactly made her so scared, but the horror still haunted her in the coffee maker, the TV, other household items, periodically, preventing sleep at night.
After the death of a parent is feeling somewhat dulled – piled a series of problems. The girl began to shed tears. But stubborn character, she always found the strength to go forward, not noticing the fleeting difficulties.
The main difficulty after the funeral had money. Guardians could not provide all the needs of Chell. And she hated them, so asking them for money was beneath her. If there is really an urgent need in finances, the girl preferred to go to uncle Kev. He still remained good natured and helpful man who loved to joke. But his problem was that he also loved and Caroline. In mind why is this woman stuck, for some reason the word "otter".
Now she just went to the office of cave Johnson. After high school, faced with the need to go to College. Immediately the question arose about the money. To whom else was she to go?
A couple of days ago Chell called uncle Cave and had told him everything as it is. The only differently chuckled into the phone and said it was no problem, and he will pay for everything. Only here why you need to look to his office and sign some papers. It was at least strange, because such conditions he did not put. But perhaps because the amount was never even that big. That had to be the girl to return after many years in that dungeon.
The corridor finally ended, and Chell stared at the door. Behind her were secretarial. And the girl knew who is waiting for her there.
- Hello. drawled Caroline, barely seeing, as the door opens. On her face, as if glued, played sickly smile. Mr. Johnson's expecting you. Come on. she took chelle by the arm and led forward.
Behind the door with the gold plate was large workroom, uncle Kev. He was sitting at the table looking at some papers. Everything looked as if nothing's changed over the years.
- Hello, little Chell. – he winked, setting the paper aside. – Have a seat.
Chell sat in the soft leather chair. It was a little lower than the seat of the cave.
- Chelle, sign me this please. – uncle Kev moved closer to her sheet of paper with a bunch of lines of print, written in small print. The caption said that "the Agreement on participation in a scientific experiment".
What is this? – she was surprised. – You have the same and so the subject did not rebound.
- We need you because... - Johnson hesitated. – I remember as a little girl, you stumbled into one of our unfinished development to make the human skin armor qualities?
- Another would be. – muttered the girl, remembering how the then another week on it in school laughed from appearing on the skin solid green inclusions. Later everything passed, but the skin was very elastic. Even the nurse was surprised, making the injection that she had "crocodile skin". – And it is only because of this?
Yes. quickly uncle said cave, staring into the bottom corner. The first sign that the person is lying.
Chell watched around his couch turns to Caroline. Now it resembled not an otter, probably a snake. It was her, that woman. Chell knew that uncle cave by nature a good man. But he is very bad judge of people, considering Caroline's a model of modesty.
Need to be solved. But the girl knew that her choice in fact. The money is needed here and now. But the experiment can bear. She took gold, with silver curls "Cave" on the side of the pen and with a flourish signed the document. Immediately hurried snake Caroline hemming paper.
But why, already leaving the office, Chell felt like you just sold your soul to the devil?

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Part 1
Bright sunlight streams through lilo barely covered with blinds. In-ear unobtrusive flew the rustle of tires, and then coming from the street. Nostrils tickled tart smell of the fresh morning air. Who doesn't like morning? If there is such, it was not Chell. Maybe that's why barely awake in this environment, she decided that today she would have the day off.
Has passed thirty minutes, as the girl lay on her back, casting aside the blanket and enjoyed the morning sounds, the freshness, the smell of dew. Somewhere deep in my mind buzzing at the phrase said recently one of her friends: "If you weren't so lazy, Chell, then to his 24-what would make such a career that many never dreamed of". But she had everything she needed at the moment. Though her career wasn't incredibly successful, but the work was a pleasure. Much more she appreciated what could such are unplanned weekend like that and no one will do reprimands and decreases in salary. The profession of architect is completely suitable for her lifestyle.
Similarly, Chell anything wouldn't trade this comfort of your house on the street of Queens road in Charlotte, in North Carolina. In the concrete jungle of new York city she could call a couple of times a month, and then only on business.
Receptors just twitted delicate coffee aroma. Obviously, some of the neighbors have already turned on the coffee maker. The girl suddenly incredibly want to drink this drink and it is, jumping out of bed, it was headed down to the kitchen.
This Wednesday she often staged a "day of idleness". On this day I wanted to be alone, enjoy the solitude. It is exactly the middle of the week, when not missing much on crazy weekends. Today Chell also went on a morning jog. The only thing is now is still not enough, it's good to jump on the roofs. But lately, she had to give it up, the parkour was not enough time. At least that was the official version, in fact even stubborn Chell succumbed to pressure from others, which said that the girl is a lesson to anything. But for how long? She suspected not.
Something gently touched the front door.
"Mail!" - guessed Chell.
Going to the Mat in the hall it raised the pile of papers. Among a few papers and envelopes from conspicuous black-and-white icon. It was painfully familiar logo of "Aperture Laboratories".
- What want from me? – Chell did not notice that I just said it out loud.
Opening the envelope with the emblem, she found inside only one sheet of paper with printed on it the letter. Briefly ran the lines through the eyes, reciting some phrases in a low voice.
- "... you signed an agreement to participate in experiments...", "... I sincerely hope that you have not forgotten...", "... to be in the lab...". the girl crumpled the paper and threw it into the open window. – Damn you!
The current head of the "Aperture Science" was an optimist, if assumed that Chell, after the death of the uncle of the cave will not forget about any kind of signed a long time ago papers. But she knew that the obligations signed to perform.

Check in 1253 office. threw the fat guard in a hoarse voice, Chell returning her documents. He complained loudly and he chuckled again and started reading the Newspapers, demonstrating that the conversation was over.
Laboratory complex. How he has changed. Or maybe it's all of that Chell barely remembered? Only caught at times scraps of childhood memories, in which the lamp seems to be not so strongly and abruptly blinded eyes, and the people were friendlier, at least the guard near the Elevator, which at that time was anemic on the contrary, did not stick to hurl.
There was something elusive mysterious and repulsive. White plastic and metal Yes perfectly transparent glass around. Mirror white floor spoke a quiet thud even touch the soft soles of sneakers. He was so clean, literally licked what seemed to be, it makes his teeth ache.
1188 1190...... a Great many doors on both sides of the corridor went the distance and lost like in the mirror. Rarely passing people it would seem were thrown at the girl glances, which immediately slipped down, crossed with the look of Chell. Their normal clothes she looked like a foreign body in the anthill of white coats.
- ... all right, Doug. Neurotoxin is not a problem. – in the ear flew the voice of one of the technicians, talking a little ahead. The girl listened, trying even so to distract from the sad thoughts. Module of conscience...
- Which module of conscience, Mario? unexpectedly emotionally exploded a second research assistant, a tired-looking young man with unkempt hair. – I have said before and will say it again – conscience commands and recommends. Even people easily bypasses recommendation, and AI, and even more so!
- You again with your conspiracy theories, mate? You know, enough.
- I'm disappointed. Okay, they don't believe me, based only on diagnosis, but you?!
- I... what are you?
- That's it. And they're like, "what do you mean, ratman? Did you take your tablets, ratman?". – disheveled assistant waved their hands as if trying to fly. I'm just trying to -- trying to -- he suddenly stepped back, rushing directly into porownawcze with them Chell. The girl managed to Dodge, but the technician has not kept balance and fell to the floor.
- Excuse me, excuse me. – zamyamlil he was sitting on the floor. His eyes flickered on his forehead ran with sweat, and black hair from falling out is messed up even more.
- Do not worry. – with a smile said Chell. It this incident amused, even though the words "diagnosis" and "tablets". Sitting on the floor of the laboratory was clearly suffering from a mental disorder.
She even held out a hand to raise the fallen, but he just shrugged and rose himself. Now he seemed preoccupied, his face expressed nothing, and her eyes stopped running. But he had scarcely cast a glance at the face of Chell, as if looking directly into the depths of her soul, something in him has changed, ignited some kind of spark.
- And you, excuse me, what's the name? he looked with interest and even a little frightened
- Chell. I for registration.
- I Doug. Good luck.
Chell politely smiled and went on, looking at the door of the room 1253. Already at the office she turned and saw Doug still standing in the middle of the hallway, pointing at her, their eyes wide open.
On the other side of the door was a small room. It was lit all the same blinding white light, and all the furniture was reduced to a lone chair right in the middle.
"And who has to register?" - flashed the thought. And at the same moment, hurrying to answer that dangling in the air is a dumb question under the ceiling resounded:
- Have a seat.
Metallic voice. Even the tone of the metal. He sounded the gamut of sounds onboard, it was as inanimate as a bell. Chell felt something inside as if turned inside out, and then falls vnikuda. This voice has awakened some children even her fear, it would seem as old and primitive as the fear of a hissing Cobra. It's like something grabbed her by the soul and not allowing time to recover, dragged back to the exit, wherever you want, and not a minute to spend here, alone with himself and the Voice.
- Have a seat. – echoed Voice not changing tone. I think he was a female. – I say "sit down" is not because it is correct, just people are wary of the word "sit". You are funny.
"You" - said to himself Chell. Artificial intelligence. Children's fear dropped off, and relaxed, increasing in size. He dragged her back to the exit, but at the same time, resisted common sense. She's not five years old. Fears are fears, and the case to complete. "Sooner start – sooner finish" - with this thought she made three incredibly difficult steps forward and carefully sat on the chair.
- Well, let's start. The voice was satisfied. – What is your name?
- Chell. – pushed the girl of himself with a dry mouth. A voice she vaguely resembled.
- Surname?
Or someone? If you try to remove all metal, to imagine that the Voice belongs to a man, a woman?
- Caroline? suddenly to herself out loud asked Chell.
Okay. Chell Is Caroline. The voice was unperturbed. – Move on to the next questions.
What? – confused girl. – No, no, Caroline, not my last name, I just...- she already began to doubt that the Voice resembled the voice of the Secretary of cave Johnson.
- Correct. Name your real name.
But Chell has not heard the voices. Vague shadows flitted before her eyes, she recalled her childhood. Caroline, rest. And fear, she finally remembered where it came from. And at the same moment sprang to his feet, intending to run outside.
The door was locked.
Registration must go to the end. Until the door opens. – sympathetically suggested a horrible Voice. – Since you have not answered the previous question, go to the next. Test question 1-Why the Lab should take you as a test subject, and refer anyone to the police if you go missing?
Questions. Why? Just need to get out of here. Chell felt she couldn't breathe in this crowded, alone with the Voice. Kicks in the door didn't lead to anything. She looked around. Eyes not catch for anything that could be used for its purpose. Is that a chair? Iron leg is entered under the door, and, acting as a lever, Chell crunching ripped the handle, and with it a piece of wood. Beneath it was exposed shining armor, about which the acceleration crashed the hopes of a girl. Anyway, from the pen left a hole in which she put all the same iron legs and tried to fall on the whole body. Nothing has happened. The door was monolithic. But the fear persecuted, forced to push, again and again, to press, to beat, to chew...
- Such persistence and such insubordination. – the Voice was possible to discern a fleeting touch of disappointment.
Chell is already really felt suffocated. Open mouth she grabbed the air, but he does not feed her body with oxygen, leaving only a sweet flavor.
- All your talents are wasted in vain, the subject No. 1498. But we will meet again, sooner or later.
Consciousness faded.

C
Combine 999 21.10.19

Well, atmospheric.

I know I said long ago that he would try to write it. So long that you probably forgot already.
No, I just recently (when a new version is laid out), I recalled that you were going to write it.

Typos:
Once, a little girl she loved these rugs, it was especially nice to walk on it barefoot
*barefoot. A tramp is a beggar.

except her. and exactly the same
And — the title.

In my mind Chell for this woman were fixed, why is the word "otter".
The comma after "stuck" is not needed.
*for some reason

A couple of days ago Chell called
*called

pulled Caroline
*extended

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

No, I just recently (when a new version is laid out), I recalled that you were going to write it.
I wonder what you thought of me))

C
Combine 999 21.10.19

I wonder what you thought of me))
Nothing. Just remembered that you wanted her to write and still has not.

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Two
Among the ocean of darkness, of silence and peace slowly floated Nothing. It enveloped everything that was, and is, a sponge soaked up the matter, even the silence and the darkness seemed to be drowning in it. Is had now to the value that once existed for people? Did they understand how insignificant their actions, dreams, suffering? The universe paid them no more attention than the same person living in his body-celled. They lost, so what? During the existence of mankind still did not reach the size of even to the point of infinite lines of the Universe.
But Nothing lasts forever. Here it is with the force squeezed out from itself the light. Ray white, small, but persistent, forced more and more to contract in a spasm Nothing. It grew, spread, conquered all the space to eventually explode jug with a steady hand in all directions the dazzling light.
Even through closed eyelids the blind light. What would have happened if they were open? However, pupils are still accustomed, just as Chell finally became aware of who she is. At this moment she felt nothing, as if all that was left of it, was the brain and eyes, which already seem to be open, not afraid to go blind.
Through my lashes gradually there came a light source – a lamp. It was located right in the middle of the ceiling of a square room, consisting in turn of a square well plates. Chell blinked. Vision back fully. And after him, returned, and hearing sharply, and it was not very pleasant. In the ears of thunder hit melody coming from the bottom and sides. It seemed to split his head in two, and the girl instinctively tried to throw up their hands in order to close the ears. But the muscles refused to obey, and barely raised his arms randomly fell on your stomach. The sound seems to abate. Whiskey no longer spoke, throbbing pain on every note.
His eyes lowered, Chell saw his body. It was dressed in an orange jumpsuit similar to prison and looked completely alien. And this wasn't only unfamiliar clothes - she almost did not feel it. Just something warm seemed to spread from the neck. However, all the feeling came back gradually, like gradually just turned on the computer.
Chell was finally able to sit down. The dizziness hardly again left her on the bed, but, having overcome it, she looked around. Cubic shape room, reminiscent of the aquarium with glass walls. And almost all white – white bed, the floor, the ceiling, the toilet. Even the semblance of a low table and standing on it radio were white. The girl lowered her feet to the floor. And then gave them a surprised look – she was clad in a bulky white shoes that back, from the ankle to the heel and is attached to a strange strip of elastic metal. However, this design was pretty easy, no heavy sneakers.
The body was spreading a nasty heat, and to cool off, why is pulled off the top part of the jumpsuit and tied her sleeves in the zone left in white t-shirt with the inscription on the chest "Aperture". And only now she realized where he was, how I got here and what needs to be done. Experiences. Tests. She grimaced painfully.
A little bit of Chell rose to her feet, unsteadily, almost falling back. She felt the strange shoes a little odprezenie from the floor, causing the girl begin to shift. She approached the low table and cut out the boring monotonous music.

- Welcome to the computerized experimental center Laboratory research into the nature of portals. – suddenly sounded the Voice made Chell shiver, and the echoes of past fear raised waves of tingling on her body. We hope your short stay in the chamber of rest brought you positive emotions. Analysis of the characteristics of your body complete. We are ready to start the experiments. Before testing I want to remind you that although the basic principle of the experimental center is training in the game form, we do not guarantee the lack of injuries and trauma. For reasons of your safety and the safety of others, please refrain to touch anything at all.
When the last sentence of the Voice for a second, went on yelp and at that moment the light bulb lit up the room sparkled. "Yes, there is an electrical problem" - wanted to say Chell, but the Voice hastened to finish his tirade with a stream of Spanish words and a phrase:

- Get ready for the opening of the portal. Three... two... one..

What did she say? – on why all of this does not at all impressed. She even doubted that I remembered something. Maybe it was due to the fact that the girl had not yet completely moved away from forced falling asleep. – And now I ask for an explanation. By what right me against my will, drugged, and deprived of the ability to move freely? In accordance with the principles of the US Constitution and the laws of the state...

- I'm sorry. The only laws that apply here are the laws of science, and the principles of my behavior right out of her needs.

The answer was as arrogant as clear. Short hairs on his neck stood on end again obeying fear. It seems that in the depths of the "Aperture" gathered something monstrous. The owner of the Voice apparently was not inferior to the intellect of man, but his logic was not limited to morality as human.
It's time to pay attention to the environment. Right after the countdown finished on the white-grey panel in the wall opened oval portal Chell realized that it was him, but when he saw himself on the side. Turning her head, she saw through the glass the same oval formation on the wall of a large outdoor space, which actually was a small cubic "chamber" Chell.
The portal in front of her was the size of a man, a girl through it could pass even without bending. His edge was fringed with orange glow, it shone and flowed like along the perimeter of the portal, a red flame. The second portal differ only in color of the rim – where he was blue. Like two elements – fire and water have been called to service people with clever "Aperture".
Chell slowly, as if in the cold sea come in this window in space. First moved arms and then my whole body. Contrary to expectations, the girl didn't feel anything. similarly, it could pass through a door from one room to another. And only in that moment as she hooked a thigh the lateral boundary of the oval, she felt the soft push the same poles of a magnet repel each other.
It is amazing all the same, what came before science in this confined piece of space, the hidden part under the surface of the earth. Here's what might create the human mind, if it does not restrict the ideas and tools. You can be sure that if it were possible to gather in one place all the best minds of the human race and call them with all the resources of the planet, in one recent morning, the world would be changed beyond recognition.
The room consisted of a rectangular white plates, tightly attached to each other. However, as was necessary in the near future sobstvennolichno make sure Chell, of these plates was most of the test chamber Aperture. Outside "camera recreation" as he called cubic room Voice, looked so small that one would wonder how the girl was a bit claustrophobic.
At the far end of a high ceiling could be seen the mobile camera, an oval of white plastic. she stared his unblinking eye right in the heart of Chell, showing that she was being watched. And as it is not quite tally with the previous fact the presence right there, slightly to the left, a wide window of translucent from this side of the glass. Obviously, this was an observation room, in which scientists watched the subject. At that moment she, however, was empty, and a bright light flashed only the lonely blue door and several monitors, all that could be seen outside.
A little further round the double door gateway began the first test. It was forced only to think about what was tested? Any strain gyrus could only be a child of three, and physical activity consisted of lifting a load not exceeding the weight of the stools.
The actual "test" was a transfer of "experimental weighted storage cube", the edge of which was about one meter, and each face relief carved circular recesses with the icon "Aperture" to "1500-megawatt experimental heavy-duty sorgudan of sverchki". The latter is a round, red platform, which under the weight of the cube was pressed to the floor and opened the next door gateway. It is worth saying that for all manufactured Chell manipulation, a Voice was telling her the names of the devices, which however she did not try to remember, calling them simply "cube" and "button".

Okay. – satisfaction grated Voice. At the end of each test subjects should go in the chamberlock. Note on the field of glowing particles at the exit. This is an experimental field of anti-expropriation of laboratory equipment, it annihilates any caught in it subject not subject to removal, for example, the experimental weighted storage cube.

Indeed, over the gateway in the form of a door shone a field of flashing left-right blue particles. After going through it, Chell felt a slight tingling on the skin.
Door bulky appearance of the round Elevator was already inviting disclosed, and the girl hurried to go inside. Padded push signalled the beginning of the movement, but up or down was impossible to tell because of ticketnest machine.

Doug with the noise sucked nostrils the air, vaguely catching the smell of burning rubber and new plastic. Again this room. These immense walls, disappearing in the darkness. And mount harness, interspersed with case full of chips. All this machine was firmly fixed on the high ceiling, hanging down and swaying slightly, like a giant cocoon.

- You missed all the fun! came a lighthearted voice from "the bridge" - as they called the platform application installed directly under the "cocoon" and allows you to get to him. – It was hot, but we again had to cut the power almost immediately. True, there are successes.

- Strange you have ideas about fun, Henry. Doug reached for the soft rubber of the handrail and began to ascend the "bridge".

- I just enjoy the work. Henry just shrugged, flashing in the lantern light his bald head. – You know, we were very lucky to work on this project.

- A presentation about luck and more strange.

- But you just think, because every generation had their own frontiers. Einstein and his theory of relativity, Gagarin and space, the guys from NASA and the moon. What is our generation? When it seems that everything is already discovered, and what is not – achievable? Look the same!

Doug obediently looked around, appreciating the familiar sight of the lab.

- We. On the front lines. Science. 'said Henry, and his eyes flashed excitedly. His finger flew up and stopped in front of mountains of wires, metal and plastic. – Here is our frontier! It's not just artificial intelligence is artificial consciousness. Will overcome it and we'll talk the whole planet. Would you like to see your picture in physics textbooks?!

Doug remembered that usually did the students with pictures in textbooks of physics and winced. But said about something else:
- I am ready to maintain your enthusiasm, my friend Henry, but as you know this is your "new frontier" and tries to destroy all life in the area through one sixteenth of a picosecond after the launch.

But the last time this time has increased to one tenth. Time after time we're making progress, Doug. You'll see – we're almost landed.

- I'd feel safer on the moon than on the same planet with...

SAYS CAVE JOHNSON! End the chatter and go for work, laborantine! conversation was rudely interrupted yelled the loudspeaker.

- Still need to get up there and poudalyat these audio files. irritably, muttered Doug. – Mr. Johnson, and after his death is incredibly annoying.

C
Combine 999 21.10.19

However, pupils are still accustomed, just as Chell finally became aware of who she is.
After "realize" we need a comma.

The sound seems to abate
After and before "think" need commas.

The voice on the second moved on to yelp and at the same moment the light bulb lit up the room sparkled
After and before "covering the room" need commas.

Short hairs on his neck stood on end again obeying fear
After the "end" needs a comma.

First moved arms and then my whole body.
After the "hands" need a comma.

did not feel anything. similarly, it could
With A Capital Letter.

Outside "camera recreation" as he called cubic room Voice
After the ""camera" rest" needs a comma.

plastic. it
With A Capital Letter.

Any strain gyrus could only be a child of three
Maybe the "not only"? Or "couldn't"?

circular notches icon "Aperture" in the center
*with

on that project.
I hope that on purpose?

x
xDDGx 21.10.19

Seeing this topic, first thought that it was kind of crap, and then turns, Chellsi decided to follow in the footsteps Rapid and gash book Portal %) And correct, not rocking the single...
Hmm, interesting, Chell and Chellsi - is there a relationship? :D

In General, starting to read this creation, I experienced a little deja vu, but I thought you did not posted something like this before? I am probably in the summer or fall slightly revered and forgotten.
Kreatiff somewhat contradictory. On the one hand, it type serious, but it's still Portal, and I think kanonichnoe kreo on it should lean more in the direction of lozovata and skutocnosti, and not even the claim to realism... Although, some very funny annealing, there still is, I hope to continue to KREOS will delight in this regard. (I think, if you've been wanting to write this piece, you don't leave it unfinished, and sooner or later we will see a continuation.)
On the other hand, it still applies more to the second game, the first Portal is far more dark and atmospheric. I think if I wrote a fanfic, it would go in the direction of the atmosphere of an abandoned complex, for a time, forget about the existence of P2, and would focus on the idea of Android game vs man, as in the book of Philip K. dick do androids Dream elektroauto (in the film adaptation of this idea is better visible) and determination when there's nothing around but an endless sequence of tests which you must pass to survive and get out - these are the impressions left me with the first Portal. Maybe even fantasized anything on the topic last Chell (good space of unprecedented size), and perhaps would have left her forgetful, or even made to doubt the reality of the situation... a lot of options.
Let's see what you're doing next, because until progress is too small, kreatiff not really started, it is not clear what you are going to describe and what to turn the book. To fanfilterunit Portal - a hard task, and that is why, perhaps, there was a little beech trees about him, and mainly within the more complex creosol. Indeed, in P - especially the first - very few characters and events, solid puzzles.
In short, let's wait and watch how are you going to get out of this situation 8)

A couple of comments old style in the spoiler below.

Made with ACA shrunken technicians, intriguing winking, asked to see something "interesting".
*crazy*

Now 16-year-old, almost a grown woman
Shkolota!

The only differently chuckled into the phone and said it was no problem, and he will pay for everything. Only here why you need to look to his office and sign some papers.
Htry plan.
[:D]this is a vindictive Caroline complained to the uncle now look, one of them the otter!111 [/:D]

played sickly smile
Sugary?.. Or... fake? >)
//or word game

- Hello, little Chell.
- Hello, uncle Obezyan. she said in response.

It was a little lower than the seat of the cave.
For a moment it seemed to me that there's something about Quake %)

Even the nurse was surprised, making the injection that she had "krokodilov face."
*fixed

would this comfort of your house
This is your cozy Lurkmoar... ))

On this day I wanted to be alone, enjoy the solitude
Osipovichski! enjoy.

- What are mushrooms, Mario?
*fixed

- Which module of conscience, Mario? - ... – I said before and will say it again – conscience commands and recommends. Even people easily bypasses recommendation, and AI, and even more so!
Indeed, a module of conscience, only the three laws of robotics will save us - that's what happens when people forget the classics))

Sitting on the floor of the laboratory was clearly suffering from a mental disorder... But he barely glanced at the face of Chell, as if looking directly into the depths of her soul, something in him has changed, ignited some kind of spark.
Because the technician suffered disorder is clearly not just mental :D

Okay. Chell Is Caroline.
Ololo! xD

Test question 1-Why the Lab should take you as a test subject, and refer anyone to the police if you go missing?
Do not palitsya... xDDDDDD

The only laws that apply here are the laws of science
The phrase sizzles.11111

The actual "test" was a transfer of "experimental weighted storage cube", the edge of which was about one meter, and each face relief carved circular recesses with the icon "Aperture" to "1500-megawatt experimental heavy-duty sorgudan of sverchki".
Fail, should have brought here the replica of Glados - not necessarily from the game, it was their own variations to come up with. The main thing that was Lozovo, in the tone of the game.

...Would you like to see your picture in physics textbooks?!
Doug remembered that usually did the students with pictures in textbooks of physics and winced.
:D

this is your "new frontier" and tries to destroy all life in the area through one sixteenth of a picosecond after the launch.
xDDDD Tough!

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Seeing this topic, first thought that it was kind of crap, and then turns, Chellsi decided to follow in the footsteps Rapid and gash book Portal
And that's why I only now saw your post, at least on NG almost every day I go)

Hmm, interesting, Chell and Chellsi - is there a relationship? :D
I also thought about it) But then just a coincidence, my nickname in the encrypted name of your favorite FC.

In General, starting to read this creation, I experienced a little deja vu, but I thought you did not posted something like this before? I am probably in the summer or fall slightly revered and forgotten.
All right, the prologue before was just a story, which I then continued.

if I wrote a fanfic, it would go in the direction of the atmosphere of an abandoned complex, for a time, forget about the existence of P2, and would focus on the idea of Android game vs man
So I just decided.

Indeed, in P - especially the first - very few characters and events, solid puzzles.
That's why I had such a stupor. But now it seems I am from a dead point has moved, at least decided what to do next, and sketched out a couple of paragraphs.

Fail, should have brought here the replica of Glados - not necessarily from the game, it was their own variations to come up with. The main thing that was Lozovo, in the tone of the game.
The fact that this is a quote from her remarks, especially in quotes picked up)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and something I was a little sad with this story.

x
xDDGx 21.10.19

at least on NG almost every day I go)
o_o And posting and not say...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and something I was a little sad with this story.
Well, I can only say banal keep. Kreo Portal need anyway. //by the way, on the forum the P/P2 you opened a topic? IMHO, it should open, if not now, then at least when there is more visible progress

D
DubThug 21.10.19

Very interesting creation, but it is difficult to say something. Waiting for the continuation!

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Well, finally I can write that seriously undertook the continuation, from day to day gash the next Chapter, good it is to plan the shortest and I almost sketched out already.

x
xDDGx 21.10.19

For some reason I expected to see here already posted the Chapter ^^' Well, OK, wait.

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Three
Okay. You are now equipped with experimental prototype portable device for creating portals. It can be used to open portals. It is proved that interdimensional travel is absolutely safe. Unlike the Device. Do not touch the working end of the Device. Do not look directly at the working end of the Device. Do not immerse the Device in liquid, whether in whole or in part. And most importantly, under no circumstances do not attempt to take the Device outside the lab...
Under the rhythmically jarring Voice Chell looked at the just received the device for creating portals. Or simply the portal gun, as they called it before.
The device of black metal, covered in some places white shiny, like ceramic plates. It was quite comfortable to hold, especially if you do it with two hands. A form most like the ant consists of two segments with three black "mustache" at the end.
There were two trigger and a small button in the place where the guns usually positioned release button store. Empirically found out that one of the triggers was allowed to shoot a blue portal. When clicking on it from the working end of the device took off like a blue ball of energy met with the surface instantly it spread out, forming an oval portal. The second trigger was not working but Chell guessed that he got the idea to control the shot the orange portal. The button assignment remains a mystery, when it is pressed, the device seemed to flinch, and the "antennae" was heard a little to the side, but no change in space occurred. Chell just made an assumption that this button needs to recharge the device.
In General, the device looks what is called stylish. At least not how he remembered Chell from childhood. Although you can see it then happened only briefly... But still, it clearly did not have such a convenient streamlined and glamorous white.
Well, it turns out then have to go through the camera with this piece of iron in his hands. According to Voice out that the device is defective, but that will be fixed very soon. And when chelle will take a few test chambers she free. At least the girl was certainly hoping not, despite the needle of suspicion, which scrubbed through the nerves as if to say: here you not see.

The latest version of the prototype looked really very good. All the comments of the testers and designers have been addressed and the device is now create portals looked almost perfect.
Doug held out his hand and, as if not wanting to be too rude to interrupt rest peacefully lying on the table of the device, barely touching spent on its shiny white side with fingertips. It was a little cool and smooth, the fingers did not feel any roughness.
Most likely this version will be final. As has been said - it was almost perfect. Even despite the fact that the limit of perfection as you know no.

- Hey, Doug! - well, Henry's voice sounded so suddenly that Ratman jumped, leaving the space of his thoughts. - Can you help me?

Doug turned around and saw that Henry holds in his hands not seen hitherto mechanism. It was even somewhat strange, because Ratnam belonged to the category of employees Aperture which is the first to know about all the new the iron is developed in the center. Should just at least look at the room in which they now were: the latest developments in the field of defense - homing, with AI turrets, and other systems - the gravity gun, the chargers for special costumes, weighted cubes for tests. But the device that was holding Henry - spherical, the size of a large watermelon that has handles on the sides, was for Doug completely unfamiliar.

No problem. What to do?

- Reach for the light switch. He was there, in the depths, behind all these gears.

Henry turned the mechanism upside down and before Doug appeared a hole, going into the belly of the device in which really could see a lot of gears. Thanks to them, the device and resembled the mouth of an animal, only with crooked teeth. Ratman thoughtfully handed his right hand to fix of the mechanism.

Wait a minute. - stopped him, recollecting himself, Henry. - Are you a Lefty or a righty?

Right - handed.

- Then let's better left requires safety.

After these words, Doug is already quite cautious thrust inside. However, nothing happened, and he happily switched the toggle switch that was on the bottom of the device.

- Henry? called Doug, examining his hand as if he was surprised that she was still intact.

- I. - he always answered when he was called by name. That is the feature.

- What is this thing?

- Yes here.. The latest development in the field of suppression of AI, you know. You can call it a conscience.

And that is all you are going to control it? Dag's eyes narrowed skeptically. - I have to say that this is not enough?

- Why? Henry raised his head and in his eyes, it became clear that he was really surprised.

- Don't you know that your conscience is always simply ignored?

- Dag. said softly to Henry. - You forget that she's not human. It's just a machine. And conscience for her is imperative. She can not ignore her like we do sometimes, people.

So saying, he turned and with a module in hand left the room, never seeing how shook his head sadly Doug.

Her legs insistently demanded respite. We have done over a dozen test chambers. Slightly thirsty, but Chell tried not to think about it, otherwise the feeling of thirst will become unbearable. She's still pretty tired, despite the fact that all the cameras were hardly very difficult to pass. But the tiredness that is the physical. That was a very good reason - in many cameras the girl had to show almost the wonders of parkour. At the same time it was found and the appointment of the weirdest contraptions on my feet, they almost completely extinguished the hitting the ground when jumping from a height. Chell could only guess how to work these devices - maybe even turned off gravity when landing, but the fact is there has never been in one of the test chambers of the height from which it was unable to jump off without any risk.
In General, the body of the girl well tired. But the really serious load to the brain in any of the cameras she did not wait. But all could still be ahead, because hitherto all resembled a simple introduction to the mechanics of the tests. So, Chell is met with high-energy balls and unstationary scaffolding, prize lift and a emancipation grill, radioactive water, which now lapped at the bottom.
She was small, literally 2x2 meters, a stand that was like the island was made from a column of radioactive water. Here is located full, dvuhpaltsevoe device for creating portals. It was placed on a low stand directly in the center of the platform. Chell gently lowered to the floor single-device and lightly raised with stand new, dvuhpaltsevoe. The stand will automatically retract into the floor.

- The Device is now worth more than the annual income and internal organs of all residents in the city. - came the ubiquitous Voice.

- In what city? - mechanically asked Chell. She has positioned this as a rhetorical question, but the Voice seems to take him seriously.

In any average city, of course if still OST... - then something rattled and the Voice was gone.

Hey! - Chell cringed. - What do you want to say the last sentence?

Silence. The answer was absolutely not typical for the Voice.

- Can you hear me? If you don't give me the answer, I will drop the device in radioactive water! Count to three. Time! Two! - the hand with the device listed above the water surface. Three! hand relaxed and fun portal gun gurgled met the water surface.

- Destroyed laboratory equipment is of paramount importance. after a short pause all the same, came a Voice. - For your own sake, don't do it. Without the necessary equipment the next experiments cannot be conducted.

Chell looked down and realized that recessed still single-device, so it can pass the next test chamber. Recollecting herself in time, she realized that without the portal gun it simply will not be able to pass all the tests and therefore will not be able to leave this nuisance to her complex.
But what the hell, I mean the Voice? The reservation, as they say, according to Freud? Are all machine to make a reservation? However, having become acquainted with the Voice a little closer, Chell already knew that he was something more than just a machine.
And what in this case he wanted to say? My ears are still ringing the last phrase: if such still remains.... Remained?. It turns out that medium-sized cities can be left already?
Chell suddenly with the force squeezed eyelids and shook from side-to-side head. Nonsense, is just nonsense. I think it is unclear that myself. she thought.
The next moment, the girl picked up the portal gun and devoted himself to passing the rest of the tests.

C
Combine 999 21.10.19

Short.
Lol, this story is not in the collection. I'm so inattentive.

Typos
covered in some places white shiny, like ceramic plates
Better shiny white.

which meeting the surface instantly it spread
After and before "meeting the" need commas.

look called stylish
After and before "what is called" need commas.

At least not how he remembered Chell from childhood
After and before "not" need commas.
Anyway, the phrase curve, a better way:
At least, not like Chell remembers from childhood memories.
//no, I'm crooked.

go beyond will have
After "coming out" need a comma.

that however will be
After and before "however" needs commas.

scrubbed through the nerves as if to say
After the "nerves" need a comma.

was posted and now
After "taken into account" need a comma.

the limit as is known no
After and before "as" need a comma.

new the iron is designed
After "the iron" need a comma.

thanks to them, the device
The comma after "them" is not needed.

these words, Doug
The comma after "words" is not needed.

conscience for her, it is imperative
After "her" need to dash.

with which she are unable to jump off without any risk
Sound in two ways. Better redo it:
jump which would run any risk, or something like that.

was like the island was made by
*which

fun gurgled met the water surface.
After a "gurgle" need to dash.

mean Voice
Separately.

something more than just a machine
After the "big" need a comma.

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Lol, this story is not in the collection. I'm so inattentive.
I also noticed it today)

x
xDDGx 21.10.19

white shiny, like ceramic plates
I г0лимый plastic :D

Yeah, not a very long piece, overall, mediocre. Although sometimes funny. Good idea with the drowning portalgun, but the theme is not revealed, maybe in the next Chapter?

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

Why is not disclosed, she drowned the original, which is a portal set. In General the game then he was like updated, but it is unclear how, on a stand then a gun was. So I decided that the old need to drown.

About korotkoi, I just said that a small part of the plot is difficult to suck the thumb. The plan should be on authenticity. Although normal development is supposed to go after the escape.

x
xDDGx 21.10.19

Why not disclosed
I was expecting that she will somehow get out in the passing of the test chamber without portalgun.

the plot is difficult to suck the thumb of

If you can't come up with something - better not to write, and not to torment neither readers nor myself. You are not forced to write the letter-in-letter as in the game. You could've skipped the boring places, or to briefly discuss: ... Chell was held for the tenth consecutive test...

C
Chellsi 21.10.19

I was expecting that she will somehow get out in the passing of the test chamber without portalgun.
Well, it means I am silent it is not clear wrote, think, and tweak.

If you can't come up with something - better not to write, and not to torment neither readers nor myself. You are not forced to write the letter-in-letter as in the game.
I do not suffer) the Reader not to torture - and I'm forced to suffer not forced. Just at the moment I'm just so everyone can see. I have a plan in this Chapter was fit only these actions.

You could've skipped the boring places, or to briefly discuss: ... Chell was held for the tenth consecutive test...
And there is something like this is in the last leg of the story. Power, I give a lot of thought, and it would be difficult to advise me something new.