3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
InboxM 22.10.19 11:06 am

Whistling or squeak in the system unit.

Over the last 8 months in the system unit, in idle, i.e. without load occurs is not clear whether squeak or a whistle. Who knows what it could be? Who is only 2 years.
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
SPR1GGAN 22.10.19

InboxM
some of the fan clogged with dust ,open the cover to listen what sound is coming from ,stop it if the sound is gone ,that is 2 varint to try to clean /lubricate, or just buy new
by the way the power supply also has a fan he can also whistle .

for clarity, you can take the phone and throw VIDOS on YouTube to hear the sound ,and there may be chokes .

I
InboxM 22.10.19

SPR1GGAN
Well, I somehow doubt that it's the fans. Something like the BP

S
SPR1GGAN 22.10.19

InboxM
well, you rather no one will say not having dotsup to PC and did not hear the sound of your own
maybe hard to make sounds ,there are more movable parts no

l
legusor 22.10.19

get all the hardware of the system unit and collect on the table or somewhere else to get a so-called open stand. take off the housing cover of the power supply, run all, give type load test the stability of the system in AIDA64 for 20 minutes to all the iron at once plowed. stop and listen it will be easier to find the source of the problem. then take off the load from the iron, and then listen again. in this case fans leave alone and not use them. low frequency squeak\screech\sweet is usually caused by a crappy or failing coils (chokes).

S
Sanchez Ramirez 22.10.19

Passing by a transformer station, you can hear the buzz. Here the story is about the same, but the frequency higher, respectively, instead of buzz - squeak. It is caused by fluctuations of the winding of the choke under the influence of the current. And the fluctuations originate from the fact that the winding is loose in the housing. I.e. poorly filled in with compound or just were worthless. Well, that is critical in this is nothing, though pleasant enough. Remarkably, typically the buzz/squeak appear stronger as the load increases, and then Vice versa.

I
InboxM 22.10.19

Sanchez Ramirez
The point is that this happens periodically, I'm actually XS that is.
It is not always,per session,maybe once to take a chance.
To me it's something like a hard disk.
This all the parsley went after put SSD.
I can compose something, but I think it had something to do with Parking heads of the hard disk.

f
furcl 22.10.19

InboxM
Take off the cover to listen to where the business is. Usually the fans are whistling.
HDD is very doubtful. I was lying hard, it is 14 years old. Kozeny perekoshennyy, bursting farts hot, but I of it never heard of.

I
InboxM 22.10.19

furcl
So I explained that it happens in different ways, may not be.
've noticed that the squeak occurs the shock load on the SSD or HDD.
And maybe the power supply.
The SSD was put back in that year, and that went running after it.
By the way a squeak is heard when you turn on a computer, especially when you press the power button, but when working from the date of purchase, such a search never heard of

S
SPR1GGAN 22.10.19

InboxM wrote:
I can compose something, but I think it had something to do with Parking heads of the hard disk
so hard shut down ,Windows still on the SSD and check