3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Goroooo001 28.07.20 11:12 pm

What is the number of HDD/SSD you have in the system?

And how they're organized?
Spielername:SSD(1) HDD(1) OS is on SSD, on HDD the file archive, etc.
51 Comments
Sort by:
w
warp 37 28.07.20

One SSD 180 GB (only OS and programs) and one HDD to a two terabyte (under everything else).

G
Goroooo001 28.07.20

SSD (1) for 480 gigs, it OS and all files

K
Kraicher 28.07.20

Question. That gives the combination of a SSD for the OS and all other files on the HDD.

w
warp 37 28.07.20

Kraicher, faster OS and all.

K
Kraicher 28.07.20

warp 37
So I think so too. Now, if HDD to replace the SSD 1 Tr, I think the effect would be more noticeable. Here at Goroooo001 I think everything is in order. SSD is divided into a few sections and everything is fine. And the combination of SSD and HDD, I am skeptical.

b
bazilews 28.07.20

I have 2 SSD:1-system,2-the rest.About HDD generally forgotten.

E
Eroppo 28.07.20

Kraicher
On SSD it makes sense to not write all in a row the garbage that is not important speed reading, namely, programs and games, providing them with maximum performance. And for any pictures movies music and other garbage dumps nearly enough even speed CD-ROM drive - they drive fast in General, does nothing, why keep them on the brake krepelka

a
asimbox 28.07.20

6 - SSD (120GB) system, 750 Gb - stim toys (attached as a folder to the system) 1 Tb - archives of the game and mods, 1 Tb - media, 2 Tb - HD filopovic, 2 Td - torrentmovie. (all hitachi drives (ultra star) This is one machine has two)))....
And a couple Terabithia e-sata for backup s

K
Kraicher 28.07.20

eroppo
Well, I'm about the same. SSD must have a volume of at least a minimum of 500 GB. 120 GB SSD does not turn around, I mean the game.

g
gennaz 28.07.20

3 hdd, for system,games,other(1tb 487система+443gb/1tb for games(the buffer on both drives 128 mb)/for the rest of the 2tb(64mb buffer).

E
Eroppo 28.07.20

Kraicher
Well, a combination of SSD and HDD will need it for the combination of fast and slow storage, with brake screw, nothing to run, and SSD place not to waste storage)) Another question - what for today do all those storage needs...
SaIIIa
Die they're at the same time, what are you going to do?
A long time ago has dispelled all these stories about sdyhanie SSD: limited resource does not mean 3 days and death, as in Babi gossip sounded. Even with heavy use not the most expensive SSD will live 7-10 years, and how to see which devices will die sooner. Yes, and whether it needs to be someone this SSD at the time of his death, or sooner in the trash relates how the ancient brake crap...

S
Suchotin 28.07.20

1SSD 250GB+8.1 OC
1HDD 1TB

-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

1. 120GB SSD - Windows 10 + Soft.
2. SSD 500GB - Games.
3. 3TB HDD - the file archive.
4. 1TB HDD - the file archive.
5. HDD 640GB - Torrents.
:)

K
Kraicher 28.07.20

I got one for myself. Have a 120 Gb SSD, purely for the OS, makes no sense (I mean as a player). So I would have bought a SSD 2 TB (smashed it on a log. drives) for 5-6K, and not to be soared. )))

-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

Kraicher wrote:
So I would have bought a SSD 2 TB (smashed it on a log. discs)
better to take 2 separate SSD is a small (120 GB) for OS and more for toys. It will not be any loss in speed, which, though not significant, will be sharing one SSD.

K
Kraicher 28.07.20

-SK.art-
Clear. But I incredulously otiosus to read the arrays. I like that there were two HDD, and at some point a second disk ceased to be visible. )))

-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

Kraicher wrote:
But I incredulously otiosus to read arrays
and where does the RAID arrays then?) It is not necessary to put two SSD in RAID (for this we need at least two MICS at the same volume).
I have an old SSD 120 GB for OS is working for 4 years. And early summer for toys bought SSD 500 GB. Enough for the eyes.

Z
Zaychik 28.07.20

Why a SSD for the game?

l
lokkie 28.07.20

warp 37 wrote:
fast the OS and everything.
This is a misconception. The separation of even a single disk, reducing the data rate.
What can I say about the partition, if, for example, installing the game into the folder programs of fails already lowers the FPS from 2-15.
And two hard, with system separation, and even more so.. and no matter SSD or HDD.

-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

Bunny wrote:
Why a SSD for the game?
Then that game at times load faster. In many games (especially open world games) the loading of the textures is much faster and smoother going on. More comfortable to play.