3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Ababkov Denis 30.07.20 12:31 am

The authors of the remake of the Gothic began developing from scratch (Gothic)

Producer publisher THQ Nordic Reinhart Pollys in the course of the next podcast episode German site GameStar talked about how seriously the authors of the remake of the Gothic perceived criticism from fans of the original game.

Initially, the creators of the new version planned to "refresh" the franchise, but quickly realized that fans are conservative and not very well-took very different prototype, however, the idea of a modern remake of they like.

In this regard, previously submitted to the playable teaser will not be the basis of a new Gothic — developers decided to start developing from scratch, focusing on a detailed reconstruction of the atmosphere of the original. According to Reinhart, it is now one of the key objectives of the project.

In addition, the developers abandoned the brand-new dialogues and will use old texts unchanged. Moreover, for German, Polish and Russian versions of THQ Nordic will try to attract the same actors that voiced the main characters of the original "Gothic". (To be saved voices and replicas of the original, but the new will be present)

Also Pollis said that all new games will be designed to be as close as possible to the original. In addition, developers have a whole list of different things and the new content they plan to test to find out whether these ideas of "Gothic".

Not without some innovation. For example, useless interactions with benches and other elements of the environment in Gothic want to do more meaningful, adding to them some useful properties and making it work for dip.

The team is now developing a remake has about 25 people, but in the future the Studio will expand significantly. At the moment, developers are busy creating multiple prototypes of a new combat system. According to plans, it will focus primarily on tactics, not on action.
9 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 30.07.20

Well... let's wait and see. The game itself (original!) was at 100%... and the atmosphere and story is just on top! Fuck this is hard... but, unfortunately, in the history of game development has happened in the past. Gothic 1 and 2 great games. If you mess with it - success is guaranteed!

A
Ababkov Denis 30.07.20

airstorm
And on the contrary I strained, I was hoping for expansion but parity is not yet clear, as it is not a new REORG happened, not dialogues, they will add quests, respectively, and the same campaign, but people are different like would be stupid not copied, but then everything just hone Gothic on some fans will not get far, but the atmosphere is certainly a plus

Y
Yagor179 30.07.20

Ababkov Denis wrote:
focusing on a detailed reconstruction of the atmosphere of the original
Better

K
Key Ovald 30.07.20

That is correct, but the main thing is not to go to extremes.

N
Neron_13 30.07.20

Ababkov Denis
God forbid that they eventually failed Elex in a new wrapper. I played the prototype, which, frankly, was really, really awful.
What I liked in Gothic, it is not only the atmosphere but also the spirit of adventure. Wanted - went to the forest, got kicked. Wanted - went to the woods, went to another place - also got kicked.
And 3 factions, a lot of ways to be somebody: at least a warrior for the Old camp, I want a novice in the Swamp, though the Archer in the New. And to get to these camps in pleasure. I want the grass harvested along the way, like Lulu, everything is possible.
The only thing annoying is the fight. 1-2 parts get used to it over time, but still crooked, but that will come up in return is the big question.

l
legusor 30.07.20

they will have either one king, or something like the craft spiders. in a new revelation, or at least a good product can not hope.

K
Kvasilich 30.07.20

Benches, the old dialogue is fine, but what about combat? In the demo, the bitter heresy was, will govern?

V
Vranovyy 30.07.20

Just do not voice Chonishvili for gg, but better Ivashchenko.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.07.20

like that don't even know on the one hand the idea of an authentic remake of the 1st Gothic warmed me Pitch per year since 2006. on the other hand I had such a terrible Pitch the idea that if it is plus or minus about the same game how would it run view graphon and as if that's all.
so the interest in this project perhaps have and if it will be stylistically closer to the original is probably better. and if you think maybe it makes no sense to introduce new players to the course of the plot of the first two or three Gothic.