3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
grib-nik 29.09.20 09:52 pm

The problem with the swap file (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl)

Help!!! how to solve the problem with the swap file, how the game run!!!
Startup error: "For the game to work properly requires a 2GB swap file. make the necessary changes to the system settings before you start the game again."
who solved the problem, write how to do it!!!
101 Comments
Sort by:
R
ReservoirDOG 29.09.20

What changes this swap file? Explain to me the illiterate!

C
CaHTeX_ 29.09.20

File swap - an additional resource for the program (in our case STALKER) which is taken from the screw if the operative is not enough.

C
CaHTeX_ 29.09.20

Can't run the game, this damn swap file... there has never been such a thing that the game would not be started due to lack of RAM... maybe someone knows what can be done? reluctant to read only reviews of players...

R
Reisenman 29.09.20

I have 3000 to 4000 Mb, the game is going well.

C
CaHTeX_ 29.09.20

Today I will buy a memory bar at 1024 MB, which would have been 1280 MB, if the game after that run, then you can close the theme, and the rest of the board - to buy the memory. If you don't run azzo, then write, write, and write again on forums...

R
Reisenman 29.09.20

I have 1024 operatives (256,256,512).

C
CaHTeX_ 29.09.20

Forgive me developers, I drove the main file "XR_3DA.exe" through the debugger and saw something interesting. Before you appear a window with a message about the lack of memory, the program calls from kernel32.dll the function Of GlobalMemoryStatusEx, which returns the value of THE WORLD
plus FILE PRICE.
For some unknown reason, this feature returned a value of just over 2GB, although the memory is about three. There are two ways to get around this problem:
1. Download the latest updates on WinXP.
2. Make the program call not GlobalMemoryStatusEx but GlobalMemoryStatus which remained from 95/98/ME. You can do it this way:
Take any hexater editor (I used WinHEX 13.0 SR-13) and open the main file (I have this XR_3DA.exe). We search through the globalMemoryStatusEx line, and mash the last two bytes, replacing them with 00h, that is, in sixteenth form:
476C6F62616C4D656D6F72795374617475734578
476C6F62616C4D656D6F72795374617475730000
Save and run!

Don't forget to save the old file before editing for rolling back, and make sure the swap file is really enough.

-
-SmoKe- 29.09.20

I have the same mistake, explain to me please where to enlarge the swap file??? I just don't know where it is.

F
Filimandr 29.09.20

CaHTeX_!WELL you at least explain: how to do it for sure!I for example stashed in a proga, opened through it XR_3DA!!!!!!!.exe and did not understand!

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

I've got the same thing with this pump (be damned)!
I've tried a lot, and I want to see what I've been waiting for for these years.
It's a shame I bought a lecense and it doesn't work.
SANTH explain to us in detail how to solve this problem
with the swap file (by WinHEX 13.0 SR-13 instructions followed, but not out) :(
Santeh you are our last hope !

A
AMC 29.09.20

It is hoped that Santhe really knows the solution to this problem. Since I have carefully studied this file such a line about Memory did not find at all.

f
futunator 29.09.20

I installed a stalker I had all the green! and when I started this stuff... it's clear you have to wait for the patch))

A
AMC 29.09.20

Unfortunately, the patch here will not help, on the off-site of the game, the moderator (apparently from the tech-support office) wrote that less than 512 will not go. So everyone to save denng and wait for a miracle plumber atom)))

F
Filimandr 29.09.20

And I read :) it!

F
Filimandr 29.09.20

But something tells me that our craftsmen will run it after 256.

A
AMC 29.09.20

Well, later- not later and on the day of the world release, we, without 512 thest of thest of drool and read who where what can not pass ...

F
Filimandr 29.09.20

But I have more news for myself!

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

Fx5200 won't go, and if it goes then it's going to be creepy.
As for the problem is still uncoothed, the whole innet of the region can not pour anything, even in the cs I go and write to the players to help))))

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

I'm plumbing in the ace waiting can appear, and if there will be a ask to here too told more details to all)

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

("I hope that Santhe really knows the solution to this problem. Since I have carefully studied this file such a line about Memory at all did not find.") It's just Memory.
and GlobalMemoryStatusEx is not there at all there hike q (