3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
grib-nik 29.09.20 09:52 pm

The problem with the swap file (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl)

Help!!! how to solve the problem with the swap file, how the game run!!!
Startup error: "For the game to work properly requires a 2GB swap file. make the necessary changes to the system settings before you start the game again."
who solved the problem, write how to do it!!!
101 Comments
Sort by:
C
CaHTeX_ 29.09.20

So, guys, I don't want to dig you up, but that top post of mine is nothing more than a long search for a solution to the problem, dig pasta off. Forum. Although I tried this way, and I actually found the aforementioned "GlobalMemoryStatusEx" and changed to the right values - but I couldn't save the file since the compiler program I have is not cracked and saves files no more than 200KB. :( (and the internet in my cell and swing for me torments like ...

I was very upset and at the height of my anger I went, borrowed 25 bucks and bought 256 memory. I ended up with 512. So that's what I' for: The game I started on the most minimal settings on such a confe: Athlone 1600HR, 512 MB, Radeon 9550 - and in full playable) I am already 450th in the rank of stalkers ) Toy flying ...

A
AMC 29.09.20

It just got interesting. There is no such line in the executable file. I checked the initial letters. Maybe you opened some other file. Or is the line written in a different way? I can remember... where it is - at the beginning, at the end, in the middle...
And how sure are you that this line should help?

M
Mopga 29.09.20

We are with a friend on the note with a 64-meter vision and opera in 512 launched without problems))))))) fix. the swap file in The Wind 2048-2048 at both points, note, revel and everything goes fine :)

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

That's who 512Aperottives he will play Stalker

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

So capitulate, take it, but the stalker will start the current at 512mb.
If anyone knows how to with a smaller run write 50 ruble ladies

A
AMC 29.09.20

2Mopga: Well, yes, a big dad came and got everyone home. )) Checked your version - the same rake and not even a view from the side.
It is fundamentally important to understand the ability to start the game

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

That's stupidly made some kind of test system swap queered in a stalker ppt

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

Plumber think you've been opening the file XR_3DA.exe or something else.

A
AMC 29.09.20

An autopsy revealed the presence of this line only in the dynamic library d3dx9_31.dll that next to the executable file is lying. Trying to solve the issue of how in the unregulated version of the program to keep the changes.

a
ad.der 29.09.20

I'm playing without a swap file, and that's it. (4 x 512 mb memory)

C
CaHTeX_ 29.09.20

2 WoodyW: I know for a fact that I opened "XR_3DA.exe" - it's nocd downloaded from some crazy site, and for sure there was such a line ! Open WIn Hex - om, I couldn't save the changes in the file because the editor isn't cracked, and I don't want to save more than 200 kb files in demo mode.

W
WoodyW 29.09.20

I've done everything for this:
1) Put in the comp system file swap 2048-2048 ie in both lines.
2) Put another back was 384 became 640.
3) Rebooted the comp.
for a more correct and non-vaginal game, close the programs of ICJ and similar...
All the guys theme I think is closed (go buy more opirivs) and uly)

C
CaHTeX_ 29.09.20

Yes, the theme in the furnace, I want not to want, and to buy operas will have to ... 256 operas don't cost much all that: 20-25 bucks, I think STALKER deserved at least for such an upgrade ;)

F
Filimandr 29.09.20

WoodyW! If people say such vidyuhas gank and nothing.

d
dimarsian 29.09.20

Well, is there no tricky way to run the game less than 512 mb operatives?

M
Mopga 29.09.20

were like some progs who created a virtual operative ... but I don't remember what they're called, for it's been :)

d
dimarsian 29.09.20

all I found these ways, still was able to remake .eichnik, now runs despite 256 mb operatives.

F
Filimandr 29.09.20

Tell us how you did it? Or throw it at the EXEshnik!PLYSSHSSS NHS

d
dimarsian 29.09.20

Well, above it is written about the change of sixteenth code by any hex editor, having spent a whole day I still sorted it out and now the game does not look at the sliding operatives in the computer and does not give out any errors about increasing the swap file. General launched the game on P-3 1300mhz, 256 ram, gf 6600. :)

d
dimarsian 29.09.20

I can and ready to throw, only where?????