3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Limebomb 05.10.20 06:27 pm

Pc sees half the volume of the posture bar

Hello everyone, set a new bar of posture, at 4GB, the old quietly recognized on the full volume, new only half, what to do?
It is one bar I ask to note, the total of 6gb replace 8
12 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 05.10.20

Limebomb
Probably, with a very high probability, the rest of the volume went to the maintenance of the built-in graphics.
When you ask these kinds of questions, be sure to write the full configuration of the PC, with the name of the irons. In this case, you need a motherboard, RAM and CPU.

L
Limebomb 05.10.20

Ryazancev
Well, the system by the way doesn't write that the oize is reserved for other devices
Configuration
1050ti
Athlone ii x4 640 3.0ghz
ASRock M3A770DE

L
Limebomb 05.10.20

Ryazancev
Built-in net

E
Evil Clown 05.10.20

Limebomb
If you leave only a new bar, the volume is determined normally?

L
Limebomb 05.10.20

Evil Clown
No, the new one is determined, bought in the sz, the feeling that either try to throw, liyu they have wrong packaging, now I will find out, they agree to check

M
MunchkiN 616 05.10.20

You need to stick the memory in a solo and see how much will surprise the furnace through the bios.
I had and have such a bug and I do not know how to get rid of it completely except for the repeated zeroing of the bios. There is a 4GB bar it will see it as 3GB or when installing the entire kit will see 12gb instead of 16. there may be the same story.

L
Limebomb 05.10.20

MunchkiN 616
Bios also sees this bar as 2

M
MunchkiN 616 05.10.20

Limebomb
Try then remove the battery from the matpla, turn off the power, wait 20-30 minutes, then start the bake without memory at all. Turn off the power on bp to shove the memory on the food, start the oven and immediately in the bios look. the fact that the bios has zeroed out - the systemic time will drop in 2000 some year. if after this shamanism the result will be negative or the memory is not compatible with the given board or the memory sets are not compatible if there is still some memory and then how to fart. or really something with memory but if it is bought shop by then the probability of all sorts of oddities tends to 0 and if there was a marriage of scrape all the memory or combe would quickly fly out.

L
Len4ik00N 05.10.20

Limebomb
In addition to the labels on the packaging, on the bar can be a sticker with the name. You can also see it via CPU-Y or aida

l
legusor 05.10.20

I had this on the old amud because of the wear of the motherboard, or rather, the transistors powering the processor. And in general, there can be many reasons - there is no point in guessing. maybe the CPU has a memory controller, the mother's slots are faulty or other nodes, maybe the store has slipped a marriage or left goods.
I can advise what you can do for free and quickly without any skills:
To plug the processor and the operative, having previously cleaned the contacts everywhere
remove the acceleration if there is
disable the built-in graphics in the bios if you have
test through memtest each memory bar individually for a couple of cycles
check the markings, SPD and other "glu" memory bar settings through AIDA64 and taiphoon burner
measure the voltage on the CMOS battery.

L
Limebomb 05.10.20

MunchkiN 616
Len4ik00N
legusor
In general, went to the Sc, tested on their furnace, the same gave another proven, I'll come home to meet.

L
Limebomb 05.10.20

MunchkiN 616
Len4ik00N
legusor
In general, I was right the seller screwed up with the bar, changed to another all fine
Thank you all for the answer