3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tkx 07.10.20 05:48 pm

problems with RAM (virtual)

Hello, the computer installed 16GB of operatives, there is no swap file. When I fill in the virtual (in the dispatcher allocated) memory I cut down all the processes, although the RAM is still 6GB free. I've already re-established the wind, changed the mother, finished the RAM (previously there was 8 and so it was). Can anyone come across such and can help how to fix it?

30 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marsj 07.10.20

Set the size of the system's choice on one drive.

V
VETER15 07.10.20

Tkx
1. Manually recommend the recommended amount of swap file memory! Specify a size 3000-3000!
2. I did not understand what virtual memory you have there shows and where it comes from.
3. Memory leakage due to a long game... The game can be unoptimized simply to put.

t
tkx 07.10.20

Something like that many installed the system)
This problem may have started when I had a hard drive, the wind was on the sd, the swap file was on the hard drive. I used to put a 4GB swap file at 8GB of ram and there was a norm. When the hard drive flew I started to fly out games although the operatives were enough when I installed a 16GB swap file (with 8GB of operative) only then became normal.

t
tkx 07.10.20

Indicated the recommended size manually, when filling out the dedicated (virtual) memory cuts down processes

V
VETER15 07.10.20

Tkx
What's the new volume? Go to my computer and show what devices and discs you have, how much memory they have.

t
tkx 07.10.20

it's a hard drive

V
VETER15 07.10.20

Tkx
You've got C on disc: only Windys installed?

A
Ar4er2016 07.10.20

Tkx
You've got almost 6 GB cached.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 07.10.20

Tkx
Why turned off the swap file, 16GB is not enough in some games, and another incorrectly monitors. I've got it all painted here: https://www.playground.ru/misc/opinion/monitoring_fizicheskoj_protiv_znacheniya_vydelennoj_pamyati-1068596
You'll turn it off like 32GB. Return to place the C. Disc. Above the screen "size of the system' - "SYST" and reboot. All.

t
tkx 07.10.20

on the drive with wind and a couple of games

V
VETER15 07.10.20

Tkx
as VOVAN WOLFovich wrote after each change you need to reboot)
Spoiler
Spoiler

t
tkx 07.10.20

VOVAN WOLFovich
Do I need to put a swap file on Drive C? On the sd?

M
Marsj 07.10.20

Tkx
It is on ssd.

V
VETER15 07.10.20

Tkx
If you notice slowing down in the game, bet on the SSD.
THE CDC should be just as good and not old.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 07.10.20

Tkx
That's what about CASH written the same true. Put the empty standby list
Video:
Clean up every 5 minutes, start hidden on behalf of the system. You can't get rid of the cache at all, but at least not 6GB. I've already had two 3-year-olds on my comps, I think. That's a good thing.
tkx wrote:
Do I need to put a swap file on Drive C? On the sd?
Yes. Although in principle and on HDD you can order. But the SSD is 3-6 times more productive. There will be nothing to disk, there is basically reading from the swap file section.
I didn't have enough 4GB at 16GB. The same Varzona Co.S. wl under 21GB, RDR2 19-21, ARK 20. So the freedom of the system is greater. I don't agree with the commentator above. Choose "Size by System Choice" and NAME (don't forget!), OK and reboot. Everything will be normal.

t
tkx 07.10.20

VOVAN WOLFovich
How much to put a swap file? by choosing a 16GB system to leave or 10GB to bet?

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 07.10.20

Tkx
Why do you specify the size? Just "size by choice system," ask and OK. There's nothing else to do. The system will increase the size of the swap file itself as needed. If you want pens, I'd stick at least six. If anything, you know where it's and you can always change it. But I don't see the point in thinking about him more.

t
tkx 07.10.20

thank you for your help)

V
VETER15 07.10.20

tkx wrote:
How much to put a swap file? by choosing a 16GB system to leave or 10GB to bet?
There shouldn't be such a big swap file, it can all be investigated. Moreover, not all games require 16 gigs, and ideally you should work without a swap. The problem happens with old games or gaming systems do not know, which without a swap file either do not start or work incorrectly.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 07.10.20

VETER15
Read the article, there are all concepts and definitions, as well as examples: https://www.playground.ru/misc/opinion/monitoring_fizicheskoj_protiv_znacheniya_vydelennoj_pamyati-1068596
A virtual (or highlighted) is a physical swap file. He's missing 16GB! Because physical monitoring eliminates the value of hidden files and dedicated areas under the OS, driver, CPU, occupied area for the needs of the graphics card. He groped the right value. 16 is not everywhere enough. The old rules work, at least for me. If there's an example, I'd love to hear it. Already at the three acquaintances it is disconnected.