3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tkx 07.10.20 05:48 pm

problems with RAM (virtual)

Hello, the computer installed 16GB of operatives, there is no swap file. When I fill in the virtual (in the dispatcher allocated) memory I cut down all the processes, although the RAM is still 6GB free. I've already re-established the wind, changed the mother, finished the RAM (previously there was 8 and so it was). Can anyone come across such and can help how to fix it?

30 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 07.10.20

VOVAN WOLFovich
It's crazy for me to hear that a swap file should be on par with the size of the operation.

Then in the free nest another bar should be bought, and not make more file swap. Or can even put 4 giga of operatives and add a swap for 100 gigs? Why buy these memory bares unnecessary, if with Hard you can make a cheeky operative.

G
Gera95 07.10.20

VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
16GB is not enough in some games,
I have not seen any such game. The more you put on video, the more you put it, especially with the swap's fake, especially with the fakes off. But this does not mean that this is a real memory consumption. Put yourself 100GB of RAM and see what happens.
Today, 16GB is more than enough, often very abundant.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 07.10.20

VETER15
That's why I've had 32GB for 5 or 6 years, and the swap file is disconnected altogether. And not in the size of ram, but rather in a simple it to 2GB (in my opinion, the system automatically determines 0.5-2), and then, if necessary, expands. I saw, in a sandwiched frame, the maximum savings (there were 16 some time) in 20-21GB, which means that the top borrowed was 4-5GB. Manual I put and 2GB and 4GB, a little. After 2 hours (I don't remember exactly), it grows in size. Such things are especially relevant in open-world games. Actually the question then, what you have is worth. It's the default "system choice" and the restrictions don't change anything manually, because the swap file is accessed as needed. And it still depends on where you work/play, how many tabs are open and what programs are in the background. For me, even the browser with the 1st tab was problematic when playing ARK (remember, tormented), and some do not even know about it and just work.

Gera95
Gera95 wrote:
I have not seen any such game.
Above is a link to the blog and examples, here is a video of ONE example:
Spoiler

And a fresh SS4:
Spoiler
Gera95 wrote:
Operating, like video memory, the more you bet the more you're going to
Um, it's a strange wording. There's as much of it as you need.
Gera95 wrote:
But that doesn't mean it's real memory consumption.
Exactly what it means! Because if you do not have a dedicated or virtual (real digit) flight with a shortage or access to a swap file.
Gera95 wrote:
Keep 100GB of RAM and see what happens.
There's no need, 32GB is missing. On a bunch of tabs, several browsers at the same time and background programs, with a run:
Spoiler
Gera95 wrote:
Today, 16GB is more than enough, often very abundant.
Lie! Not everywhere. Turn off the swap file and play RDR2, Varzon, Horisen, Divijen, Battlefield 5, Serious Sam 4 on ultra, ark, etc.

G
Gera95 07.10.20

VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
Um, it's a strange wording. There's as much of it as you need.
It's strange not to know about binary code and fragmentation. The more you bet, the more you consume in binary progression, x2, x4, x8, x16, etc.
VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
Turn off the swap file and play RDR2, Varzon, Horisen, Divijen, Battlefield 5, Serious Sam 4 on ultra,
First of all, why turn it off? Second in your video in DDR2 7-8GB on the ultras. This is real consumption for today, it is. Now I play Elite: Dangerous, 16GB is enough even there, for procedural generation with ultra settings. And you can break anything, even glass shit, if you try. )

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 07.10.20

Gera95
Gera95 wrote:
It seems that this issue was closed 10 years ago, when they put on 80GB of RAM, and pc began to use 40GB, instead of 4GB maximum at that time in games.
No change from 16 to 32GB, only more freedom and smoothness in games.
Gera95 wrote:
First of all, why turn it off?
That's why you don't need it at 32GB.
Gera95 wrote:
Second in your video in DDR2 7-8GB on the ultras.
You've watched it at all, 18GB! In both videos. The physical value is present in the second and it does not include all the values of the reserved area. The second number is already allocated.
Gera95 wrote:
Now Playing: Dangerous, 16GB Is Enough Even There
Show real consumption. Let's go to the after-letterer and turn on the tab - "dedicated memory." Or go into the task manager and look at the value in the performance section - memory.
Gera95 wrote:
This is real consumption for today, it is.
How much can you condone that PHYSICAL does not take into account driver consumption, OS files, and dedicated areas for other needs. As a result, when you start a PC you see a deceitful 2-3GB, when in fact already 5-6GB. It's a cold start. Anyway, I'm giving you something wrong. No need to invent, everything is painted many times. You're taking the wrong number!
"The more you bet, the more you consume in binary progression, x2, x4, x8, x16" - and about this in general visual PRUF can be. It's the first time I've heard. Where it came from and what suddenly became more.
Waiting for your real values, not a figure from the ceiling, which does not show NOTHING, from the word quite:
Spoiler
Oh, look, it's 10GB occupied and 21 is free! And no, blind, 18GB is occupied (8GB cache) and free is actually 13.5! Miracles. How it happened!
once again, I blog rolled out, go define these concepts, what and for what. You don't know them, you look at the wrong numbers, hence the misunderstanding and disagreement. Understand the definitions.

G
Gera95 07.10.20

VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
You've watched it at all, 18GB! In both videos.
In the first video, and there is no monitoring of the fake swap. And everyone who says that the fake swap is not needed. Don't like reality?
That's when you show that, the fake swap consumes 0GB, then maybe I'll believe in this nonsense. But then the PC will be different, work on other principles. Therefore, it is useless to argue about it, you can not prove it, because this in modern PCs simply does not happen. By disabling the fake swap, you simply throw a cache into the RAM, 2-4 times increasing its consumption by processing the same information. And the fake swap does not disappear, the system without cache can not work, it also continues to work.

G
Gera95 07.10.20

VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
serves to expand RAM, i.e. used in short supply.
It's a simple one that doesn't work? I didn't know. )

VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
you don't even seem to understand the meanings of those words.
VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
that it is involved when there is not enough operative, that's its point.
What do you say to me? Or do you just like to talk about it?
You're going to show you monitoring the fake swap with it being disconnected in any game, even if it's new, that's a problem? You think the smartest guy and no one's ever tested it? I checked, it's not a problem at all, and the problem is that it continues to work contrary to your words, so its monitoring is constantly hidden. Fail swap in no way compensates for the lack of RAM when it is not enough to add the bar.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 07.10.20

Gera95
Wait! Let's figure it out, i.e. in this video.
Spoiler
Ram Monitoring section you really think the first number is File Swap.
Gera95 wrote:
In the first video, and there is no monitoring of the fake swap.
It's clear why and how it happened. Sad sight, this is not a swap file, bro:

It's physical memory. I've got her monitoring off.
Again, you don't know the definition: the swap file (FP) is used to expand RAM, i.e. it is used in a lack of memory. This is the value of anything I could see in the "system monitoring" gadget. Separately, it is not displayed. It is displayed by the line "dedicated or virtual memory" - it is a physical figure - all files swap system. FP is used, I repeat, if NECESSARY or DO NOT. And physical memory monitoring does not include files that have reserved areas in RAM - cache, driver, CPU files, OS, area with lack of video memory. Do you really believe that all this is on the disk? It's clear what your trouble is. As a result, the outcome is one, RDR2 at least 18GB, Serius Sam 18GB, including in your case 16/2GB file pumped, and in my all 18GB in RAM. That's fine.
Gera95 wrote:
It's a simple one that doesn't work? I didn't know. )
That's trolling. It's got something to do with it. What's next? The RAM is that place free. What's going on?
Gera95 wrote:
You're going to show you the fake swap monitoring with it being shut down in any game.
If you read the top of the comment enough, this question should fall away. I just don't have it, and I don't need it.
Gera95 wrote:
You think the smartest guy and no one's ever tested it?
Looking at the video, all over the internet, on the PG, from you, I already see the void - here's FPS (one average FPS, and where 0.1/1, where the minimum, maximum) and here's 10GB in RDR2, and in fact these people do not take into account the backup areas hidden by the system, like folders, which can only be seen at a different meaning. You didn't even know about the cache before me.
Gera95 wrote:
it continues to work contrary to your words, so its monitoring is constantly hidden.
What are you saying? I don't get it at all. Prudik and translation.
Gera95 wrote:
Fail swap in no way compensates for the shortage of RAM
You'll have to read the definition: Please read at last some literate article. That's really all of them.
READ: The swap file is a kind of addition to RAM (which temporarily stores data to quickly deliver it to the processor) of your computer. Not so much an addition as its expansion or, one might say, a continuation.

The fact is that when there is not enough RAM the system has nowhere to go, and hang out, of course, no one wants (and the computer is not an exception), and therefore uses a kind of additional memory in the form of a file. It would seem, then, ram, if you can use a hard drive?

The speed of the hard drive, namely reading and searching for data there, is much lower than the speed of RAM, and therefore the swap file can only be used as a help, but can not be a replacement for RAM because of less bandwidth.
Gera95 wrote:
When it is not enough add straps.
When it's missing FP is used.
Not everything, not understood so, will come through the hands someday. I'm very tired. It is impossible, a person does not know the elementary. I think the troll is typical.

WAIT FOR THE KA! So you're saying you're monitoring the swap file all this time. You've been swept wildly into the wild.
I hope you'll be a little more revered, at least you'll read it. And all these contradictions are expressed by character, they say I will stand to the last, and yes, I screwed up from ignorance of the elementary. Okay, stay on, I don't mind. If at least one person understood the elementary, it is a victory.

M
Marsj 07.10.20

Conclusion: if there is no 32GB of RAM, don't disable the swap file.

V
VETER15 07.10.20

Marsj
Everyone decides for himself, based on their preferences.
This conclusion will be better!
From reasoning and evidence are born - disputes. And there are no winners in the war!