3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gryunt 30.10.20 12:31 pm

"I'll go later"

How many times have you thought so, once again postponing the completion of a game, looking at the accumulated collection on the desktop, like good games? Unexpectedly for myself I realized that I, in fact, turned out to have such games an impressive number. However, I do not understand the reasons for the postponement, and it even interested me, so I decided to write a little analysis, and for the sake of objectivism I want to ask you why, in fact, you could find yourself in a similar situation.
9 Comments
Sort by:
V
Voin Morgota 30.10.20

Grunt
Yes, here is a whole bunch of the last hacked and red dead redemption 2 and the mafia and to the last fantasy 12 as hands will not reach and total var warhammers and play nothing not hunting. Only dragon quest 11 has gone from cover to cover, but thales of mana. Few things are really for the soul takes and starts so that sat down op, and already 12 hours have passed.

F
FallenGhost 30.10.20

Grunt
I have a slightly different situation - there is a list of games that I would like to go through, but not always have the opportunity to do it (for example, you need a PC for a more powerful, or a certain console). And you want to play something, so I pass completely different games. The backlog is certainly less. At the moment I have 17 games in it (not counting the non-out), a couple of which I will definitely achieve by the end of the year.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.10.20

the thing was in some year 2007 or 8 but mostly in 9m when games became internet access for drm activation. and I bought games in PKA good telling - then pass. I didn't go through the games and I didn't play much of them.
then there was the micro-crisis of the transition from hp to whist. The vista generally didn't work properly with the cross fire plus it needed online activation or phone activation while the drum phone didn't allow this to be done from bringing the schedule of passage of the dr10 somewhat shifted and the ace and mass effect I was going through in dh9 mode.
then there was a great crisis of dh11 when for a reason I did not buy a graphics card that I wanted but bought a monitor and sat shorter without a needle because I could not run all sorts of dirt 2 and alien sun predator on ultrachly ultras and in my opinion if the game is not in the ultras is not necessary in it and Irati. so short when I bought a fairly acceptable dh11 card I found that the games are outdated uninteresting and I no longer wanted to play them. so I've had a backlog of games that I've never set up on PEK. and the witch's 2 is a witch's hunt because it didn't pull the process with the recording of the frags (and to use the nvidia codec as in the spark with the Radion so with the nvid i had a thought and it was like that to me.
then there is a card that I bought for dh11 too little memory for ultramax and there are defeifaces and brakes and to upgrade the bake to a normal god's state of life I did not work and had a lot of interesting things in the harness. so what means the field game I could have played was the 3 plus witches I've been there and I've been going through some of the gambling. Since then, I did not buy any new not to save the yoke that I will not at the moment to play plus games stopped to go out on discs and those that came out were huge and expensive because they did not go out on blue-card discs. and then I felt too lazy and I scored because time became a cook and game was a dish. and I basically went through console games on PEK and all sorts of PEK games that I was lazy to go through and sometimes I got up from the couch and sat down behind the stove stool. and then the other game started to give the game from which I began to increase the collection of not played.
there was still a lot of earlier ultra micro crisis when shorter my training bake was out of date but there was only a couple of igors that heroes 5 mostly. and the micro-nano micro crisis and the micro crisis when shorter I'm so with wind 98 swung on hp because there were viruses and I have a number of igors just drove away from a lack of video memory and I scored a bolt on them. (on the pyynkler for example) and on the gothic two nights of the crow because it was on the dvd and I adjusted it before buying the rum and when I ran I bled and I did not like the standard continued to play.
not counting those games in which I realized that I do not want them or I encountered some bugs do not understand and other constipation because the Internet and readers then was not.
that's the story. from which I realized what not to do - then pass. for PeKabog sees and curses those who do not take the Sly 3090rts, telling AAAAAaa moss can buy... I'll buy p7700 or 5060 mouth for reasonable money and then play 120fps 4k and send soap-expiriens and legs.

p
pekabir 30.10.20

If you remember how many games were abandoned by 50-80% of the passage ...
it's easier to say that 10 releases of the last 10 years have gone completely than what I left for later

P
Protocol10 30.10.20

Grunt

It happens a lot. I start to play, then I lose interest in the gameplay, especially it concerns long games of all sorts in the open world for tens of hours. Therefore, I put the easiest level of complexity, score on all the byths and just familiarization with the plot takes place. Of the latter - the horizon of zero down, for example, which ran for three days somewhere very fast. And if the game catches, on the contrary, I will try to savor more, explore the world, etc. Well, in general, I try not to put the game just to "test", "see the graphon", "try like it or not" etc. I like or buy, only when the game on reviews and reviews is kind of as generally worthy turned out, plus there are already game studios to which have long been trust and know that the games from them will be fully.

r
requiemmm 31.10.20

There are three reasons. First, lack of discipline. Take it , do it without being distracted. We are distracted by every one interested, at first glance, release. The second, low quality of many games. At first, you get carried away, you quickly realize that behind a bright mask you are waiting for a dull grind and a primitive plot, and even for 50-100 hours.
But I have already passed 20 percent, throw somehow snively, then pass ... Could be. I've had these sweats for six years.
The third reason. The game is too good and you realize that you will eat it in two or three days with a break of 4 hours of sleep, and then again you will choke thrash category B. And you ... you don't play a game so you always have something good on a black day. Sometimes, when you suck, you go through a couple of missions, and then the game again goes to the dusty attic HDD.

N
NightGameMassacre 03.12.20

No time, or feeling the wrong way.
So, I'm always ready to play.

m
mark25 08.12.20

There are a couple of dozen of these games. On the one hand I do not remove them and labels hang on the desktop, and on the other hand run them something is not very pulls. Once I thought about it, I understood the reason, although the games themselves are not bad. The whole thing is that when you first play a new game for yourself, you need to read very carefully on the Internet information about this very game. The most I allow myself is to read the guide on the management and basic mechanics of the game. In any case, do not read the passage of the game, Easter, secrets, hidden bonus lefties or weapons, and even more so do not read the options endings in the game. As soon as you start to read at least one of these things, you get involved in this reading, and then it becomes not interesting to play. The first time the game you need to go through on your own, well, the second time, if the game liked, you can already before the passage and read the forums and all the above.

A
Anderby 19.12.20

I have a lot of such games. Some have been waiting for me for over 15 years.

The Legend of Dragoon. An interesting jRPG, but in that era there were a lot of interesting jRPGs, so while the game is in flight.
Fable 2. Passed Fable back in 2014 on Xbox, but I still can't get to the second part, Xbox games are always in the last places in my queue.
Dragon Quest IX. Started in 2018, played for a couple of weeks and never came back. The portable mini-MMO format does not suit me, especially after the classic single-coil VIII.
Monster Hunter. Started with Freedom Unite on PSP, then tried to start on PS2. The game is extremely hardcore and co-op oriented, although it can definitely be played alone.
Xenosaga series. I want to go through three Xenogears prequels, but even one game is too big a piece. If I don't like the first part, then my perfectionism will not allow me to quit and I will have to play at least 150 hours, which is suffering. These controversial games need the right mood.
Fire Emblem. One of the icons of Nintendo, but I don't digest tactics well.
Valkyria Chronicles II. I really liked the first part, but not the second. We introduced the pumping of each character separately and an endless grind of everything. This is a game from the era when portability meant grind. But for the sake of the plot, I'll go through it someday.