3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HANNiBAL FOR KiNG 03.11.20 09:33 am

2 dies, one 2gb the other 4

Is it worth buying a 4GB die for a mother's ddr3 when there is 2GB of operatives, or buy another one for 2GB?
26 Comments
Sort by:
G
Georgiy Timoshin 03.11.20

In theory, there is no technical difference. I have on the night to work 2GB from Samsung and 4GB from Heinix, there are no problems.

l
lokkie 03.11.20

In your case, it doesn't matter, and the more the better. )
The only thing they may not start, although it rarely happens. Try to find the bar of the same manufacturer, and with the same timings.

H
HANNiBAL FOR KiNG 04.11.20

lokkie
Georgi Timoshin
Thanks for the answers)

R
Ryazancev 04.11.20

HANNiBAL FOR KiNG
Sorry guys, but there's a different opinion.
It is: try to put a set of two identical straps. Ideally 2 to 8GB. If it is not thick with cabbage, then at least 2 to 4GB. Otherwise, the system will be reodically re-interrupted, i.e. to reduce performance.

l
lokkie 04.11.20

Ryazancev
Your opinion rests on a couple of complexities. If there was 2GB, you can imagine what the system is. If the laptop, then we will develop RAM is a luxury, it is not everywhere.
On PCs, old systems, you need to look at how many corrosions, and with what volume of RAM works mat. For example, for LGA775 the limit was 8GB.

R
Ryazancev 04.11.20

lokkie
This question was not in the post! Of course it stems from the first. But we know "mother" and at least 2 slots. I don't remember my age as a mother on DDR3 not supporting more than 4GB.
It's not my fault that users of this site forget to write confits.

H

Ryazancev
Guilty, I'm going to write the characteristics of the comp.

H

Win 10
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610 @2.60GHz (2CPUs)
2048 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
I'll open it and supplement it

H

Ryazancev
lokkie
Power supply: PowerPC MODEL: DLP-21D (250W)
Hard: wd2500aajs-22vta0 250GB
Mother: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2P (with 2 words for RAM)

l
lokkie 04.11.20

HANNiBAL FOR KiNG
Well, that's more specific. For mate. Memory specification for 1333MHz 1.5V. So, it is quite possible to set two bars 4 x4, or 8 x8GB. But for such a system and 2 x4 nothing critical. This in today's mid-game systems, productive, lowered multiplier will significantly affect performance in games. Another thing that you will put 16GB, you can think about changing the graphics card, at some level of GTH700, but for this you will need to change the BP. In general, the thing is the master. )

i
insel260 04.11.20

lokkie
16GB for such a system is just a waste of money. The computer is not a game, and applications more than 8 GB do not eat. So two 4GB dice to put, would be the right decision. And if you upgrade to the game system, then leave only the body of the computer, everything else for replacement.

l
lokkie 04.11.20

insel260
It depends on what to change. If you swing at any 780ti with 6GB, 16GB will not be superfluous. )

i
insel260 04.11.20

lokkie
yes, with his CPU... Which even 760 won't pull the z)
And to change the prods means to change the mother. If you already collect a relatively average power PC for games, it is better to switch to ddr4, because it will be cheaper at upgrade than to buy 3 generations.

l
lokkie 04.11.20

insel260 wrote:
yes, with his CPU... Which even 760 won't pull
If you don't try, you won't know. )
insel260 wrote:
it's better to switch to ddr4
Better yet, 10900 and 3090, but. It's a complicated thing, if he could, he'd probably have bought something by now.

H

lokkie
That's right, just finances are such themselves, the computer of 12 years and nerves are already surrendering)

i
insel260 05.11.20

lokkie
Hang on!
You're advising him on the map of the 7's gh7. At the same time, not taking into account that his ancient dinosaur, not even take out this map! Great, tip, buy 780ti, 16GB of oise, spend 15,000 on it and just throw them away! Because there is nowhere to put it and no reason! Good job! You don't work as a consultant in Eldorado?
^_^

i
insel260 05.11.20

HANNiBAL FOR KiNG
If everything is complicated with money, you can look at some parts on the secondary. For example, the same posture, it can be safely bought on the secondary market, well, checking of course (fraudsters sometimes expose ddr2 or generally outdated diram under the guise of modern memory)! There is nothing to break in it, not for nothing on them the perpetual guarantee goes (physical damage check at once, sometimes break - not correctly getting / inserting memory in slots).

Without an upgrade, every year will be harder. The same software, too, gets graphic chips and is more dependent on RAM. The same Skype, if earlier he ate only 200 mb of memory, and quietly worked on Hroushka, now on 10k, it is already 2GB is not enough. By the way, 10ka eats 4.6 GB of RAM into the simple.
Ah, Trumushka ate 250 mb in a simple... There were times!

A quick selection. As they say - without looking. All parts are new. The computer is suitable for work and for non-demanding games.
Mother on 2 memory slots, AM4 socket. From 3k rubles.
The prods. AMD R3 3100 BOX (with tobis). 9k rubles.
Ram. 2 8GB dies. For example, Apacer. The price for the bar is 2300 rubles.
Psu. You can't save money here. So at least the bronze level. 10k rubles minimum! 650-750 watts.
Map. Well, at least the same 780ti (3GB). 10k rubles
Thermopath, wires and hard drives do not take into account. Total, on the upgrade, round in a big way:
Thirty-seven thousand, even if there's 40,000. For a fully ready-to-work computer with new spare parts.
And how much can you save if you buy on the secondary? Just DON't buy BP on the secondary! Spare your apartment, save from the fire!

H
HANNiBAL FOR KiNG 05.11.20

insel260
Thank you for the detailed advice)

M
Marsj 05.11.20

7xx don't take it, take rx580.

i
insel260 06.11.20

Marsj
The 580 is not suitable for a budget build, then you will have to pick up a processor minimum R5 2600. And this is equivalent to the cost of a graphics card.